Wiki Posts
Search

Axe Rossi Customer Support

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default Axe Rossi Customer Support

I just wanted to give 2 thumbs up to Axe Rossi! At the 2.5 gallon mark my X1 comp. conrod snapped in half destroying the crank, case, all bearings, piston, sleeve, etc everything but the heat sink back plate and carb. I called the US dist. and he gave me the Axe Rossi UPS account number to send it to Italy express air and 14 days later I received a brand new engine except for the carb and heat sink, no questions asked! This engine has a 3 year warranty and they really stand behind it! I see some other engine companies say they don't have a warranty due to the racing purpose of their engines.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm glad it worked well for you, and got a new one.

Mine (X1) did the same thing after 2 gallons, sent it Italy, and 2-3 weeks later, I got a E-Mail basically saying I'm SOL. Two more Axe Motors did the same thing (broke C-Rods) at my local track,(One at a 1/2 gallon) and they all got similar E-mails. Now there isn't any Axe motor, all have been sold or thrown away in my area.

There a good motor's, with good power and run time, but there longevity is questionable...

Last edited by Steve Walters; 10-15-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Wow, there's 2 totally different stories. I had a similar experience with OS, and they told me sooo sorry, no warantee! Now I will use anything but OS in my rides
Old 10-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My buddy didnt get 3/4 gallon on his rb s3 and it completely lost its pinch. He knows how to break in and tune so I told him to send it in as obviously it is a defect. He sent it in and RB gave him the SOL letter. He still buys from them but I wont because if that is how they treat their customers then i dont want to be a customer.

On one of my posts a RB driver asked my why I dont consider a s3, I told him the story and never heard back from him again. Guess their attitude is contagious.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Sorry to hear that steve! I am running a extech now but this will make a good backup.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The title itself is an oxymoron to me.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hopefully the support is good. I do recommend replacing the rod in Axe Rossi engines at the 1/5 to 2 gallon mark, right when the metal pinch eases off or else the rods tend to blow. The metal pinch in these motors is very tight and the rod takes a beating during break-in. My current Mamba still locks up and its just about 2 gallons into use. New rod and ceramic bearing are going in soon.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Not happy with Axe Rossi

Same issue with myself. I bought an Axe Rossi Evo X1 Hot Mod . Broke it in with the heat cycle method, and realized that the engine completly lost its compression after 5 tanks. Because it was modded they wouldnt warranty it, and I didnt even get an email back from italy at all, its like they didnt care. Before I was done the first gallon the con rod broke and destroyed the engine. I didnt even care that much , because it idled erraticly, and had no power compared to my Ninjas. The worst part was with shipping and the tune pipe etc. it cost me over $400. This makes me sick. Im over it now that I bought another Ninja.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wouldn't expect Axe to warrant a modified motor, I don't think any company would, its the risk you take.

In Australia Axe Rossi has the best customer support I have seen for any engine manufacturer. I have personally seen and owned many engines be they OS, Thunder Tigre, Saito, YS, Sirio, Ninja or RB for racing or plane/heli engines and once started, that is the extent of the warranty. I have personally seen Axe Rossi in Australia warrant engines with over a gallon on them due to conrod failures or whatever and in my opinion at least one did not deserve warranty.

I have never seen any other company warrant a motor in Australia like Axe Rossi in 8yrs in the hobby. OS 4 strokes had a problem with push rods a few years back, I personally witnessed 3 fail with less than a few litres on them, OS did nothing for these engines, stating crap like not run in properly or incorrect fuel.