R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #211
Tech Adept
 
David Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Day Send a message via MSN to David Day Send a message via Yahoo to David Day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
I think it depends on when you started racing. If you started out racing electric I find that thoes drivers are normally more patient and will move out the way or give you a clean line to make a pass if you are lapping them.

However thoes who started racing in nitro seem to be more o fthe throtal jockey type that will race you to every corner and even when you get arround them will push you out the way in the next turn.

I also find that if you give racers respect you will get it back from them. If someone comes from behind me and takes me out in a corner you best bet I am going to come back and do the same. If they do a stop and go I will race clean with them. I race clean and if you are comeing behind me to lap me I will let you know im going to give you the line and where it will be. I expect the same but I know it will not always be the case and if I am in a lead spot and you are holing me up and the person behind me is comeing up and i tell you and you do not give me a line I will take you out. I will always stop and go if i hit someone dirty.

I would rather be known as a clean racer than someone who will cut piped and punt. It goes further in the long run to have a good ontrack reputation.
What would YOU do if you came up on a race FP but lapping them.. ? Punt them because they are racing? Or will you let them race and find a way around.
__________________
Day Brothers Racing
*http://daybrosracing.webege.com*
2nd Place 2006 Winter Series 10th/Scale Gas @ Lake Havasu RC Raceway
RC10GT - Snoopy #5x
Kyosho Inferno777 WC SP2
David Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #212
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Covington, La.
Posts: 3,585
Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Day View Post
What would YOU do if you came up on a race FP but lapping them.. ? Punt them because they are racing? Or will you let them race and find a way around.
I always let people race. I tail and force people into a mistake. If for some reason I hit someone and cause them to wreck I stop untill they are marshled and back in front. I see no honor in racing dirty. However if someone hits me and does not give me the same courtsey of a stop and go It's game on to take them out. I give what I am given. If that makes any sence.
__________________
Rob Jensen
Thanks to the following companies for their support in 2017: Team Associated, Maclan, Fierce R/C Solutions
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #213
Tech Adept
 
David Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Day Send a message via MSN to David Day Send a message via Yahoo to David Day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
I always let people race. I tail and force people into a mistake. If for some reason I hit someone and cause them to wreck I stop untill they are marshled and back in front. I see no honor in racing dirty. However if someone hits me and does not give me the same courtsey of a stop and go It's game on to take them out. I give what I am given. If that makes any sence.
Oh it makes sense,
__________________
Day Brothers Racing
*http://daybrosracing.webege.com*
2nd Place 2006 Winter Series 10th/Scale Gas @ Lake Havasu RC Raceway
RC10GT - Snoopy #5x
Kyosho Inferno777 WC SP2
David Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #214
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
While I agree with alot of what you are saying here, 99.9% of it actually.

Why do I still detect this underlying threat in what you and alot of others on here are saying.

The "............ move over or else" type of feeling is what I get from some posts on here.
Respect is not something you ern, it's something that is 'given', or is lossed.........very easily actually.

Weather someone wants to pull over and let you by, wants to race you because he thinks he's just as fast, or has had a poor start and is already a couple of laps down after a crash. A beginner who doesn't know any better........it all doesn't really matter.
Why do people think they should have a reason before they do something like shunt them off the track or run over them? And then justify what they have done based on that reason?

They may well have driven badly, they may well have hacked you off, not let you by or caused you to break your car but none of this should give reason enough to do the same or similar to them................ just means your as bad as they are. A bad, poor or unsportsmanlike act is just that, weather done in spite, ignorence or as revenge and retaliation.

This ".......... do what I think is right or else" feeling I get from some posts on here, is...... unerving! Or am I just in the minority here?

Regards,
British Menace

PS: Good thread by the way. Good posts and discussions.
My thought is 2 wrongs don't make a right. If a fast guy will just discuss and teach. You draw more ants with sugar than poison.
I lead buy following, the competition is your wisdom.

The fast guys have to not only set the pace, But also the example.
I mean really there are a lot of scenarios here.
But the truth is moving over is respect and respect can work both ways. Hopefully we all have learned from this thread I sure did.
I just hope I never forget where I came from.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #215
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
While I agree with alot of what you are saying here, 99.9% of it actually.

Why do I still detect this underlying threat in what you and alot of others on here are saying.

The "............ move over or else" type of feeling is what I get from some posts on here.
Respect is not something you ern, it's something that is 'given', or is lossed.........very easily actually.

Weather someone wants to pull over and let you by, wants to race you because he thinks he's just as fast, or has had a poor start and is already a couple of laps down after a crash. A beginner who doesn't know any better........it all doesn't really matter.
Why do people think they should have a reason before they do something like shunt them off the track or run over them? And then justify what they have done based on that reason?

They may well have driven badly, they may well have hacked you off, not let you by or caused you to break your car but none of this should give reason enough to do the same or similar to them................ just means your as bad as they are. A bad, poor or unsportsmanlike act is just that, weather done in spite, ignorence or as revenge and retaliation.

This ".......... do what I think is right or else" feeling I get from some posts on here, is...... unerving! Or am I just in the minority here?

Regards,
British Menace

PS: Good thread by the way. Good posts and discussions.
My thought is 2 wrongs don't make a right. If a fast guy will just discuss and teach. You draw more ants with sugar than poison.
I lead buy following, the competition is your wisdom.

The fast guys have to not only set the pace, But also the example.
I mean really there are a lot of scenarios here.
But the truth is moving over is respect and respect can work both ways. Hopefully we all have learned from this thread I sure did.
I just hope I never forget where I came from.
My thought is who's worse, the student or the teacher?
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #216
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Day View Post
What would YOU do if you came up on a race FP but lapping them.. ? Punt them because they are racing? Or will you let them race and find a way around.
With your attitude I'm pretty sure I'd punt you..
I'm joking..but it was funny
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #217
Tech Adept
 
David Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Day Send a message via MSN to David Day Send a message via Yahoo to David Day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
With your attitude I'm pretty sure I'd punt you..
I'm joking..but it was funny
Haha.. You're definately sill..
I have a GREAT attitude, just like EVERY racer out there
__________________
Day Brothers Racing
*http://daybrosracing.webege.com*
2nd Place 2006 Winter Series 10th/Scale Gas @ Lake Havasu RC Raceway
RC10GT - Snoopy #5x
Kyosho Inferno777 WC SP2
David Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:26 AM   #218
Tech Addict
 
IanWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: If i'm not in England i'm in Southern California
Posts: 532
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to IanWright
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherBracin View Post
It's been my experience that this is a fast hobby in which things happen fast and I would venture to guess that people don't have the time to wait around for someone a lap down to make a mistake.
Great idea, but seldom has the opprotunity or time to work out that way.



I hope i don't come across preachy, i don't know how good you are or how fast you are. Back home i run with my sponsor and we practise chasing each other, putting the pressure on. We will sit in inches of each other lap after lap, we get to do it with faster guys. I'm known as being an under pressure driver, i can hold a place well with someone glued to me... but some of the sponsored and pro guys i have raced with will come up and sit so tight it's over before you know it. You either make a mistake or they are through a hole you wouldn't believe a car could fit through.

Call it how you want, i race very clean and have won a few races. Never forced my through or deliberately taken someone out (We all occasionally mess up) and simply never will.

Basically i would call it as not really a huge issue for fast guys, it's very hard to block someone and if you have any precision or race craft when it happens it will be over in a few corners i think you are right and fast as you say... the blocker will be eating your dust or pipe. If he takes you out deliberately or as a cause of trying to block carelessly... that's an issue.

If anyone finds me bitching about being blocked by a backmarker this weekend, point out this post to me
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK stupid ? shawn17 Monster Trucks 25 05-20-2007 01:00 AM
How stupid you can be on RC ? Tabushi Electric Off-Road 10 01-27-2007 07:48 AM
Sportsmanship at FSEARA races BullFrog Florida Racing 76 05-22-2006 10:55 PM
would that be stupid Rasmus TbEvo IV Electric On-Road 3 12-09-2005 02:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net