Wiki Posts
Search

Sportsmanship or stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
I think it depends on when you started racing. If you started out racing electric I find that thoes drivers are normally more patient and will move out the way or give you a clean line to make a pass if you are lapping them.

However thoes who started racing in nitro seem to be more o fthe throtal jockey type that will race you to every corner and even when you get arround them will push you out the way in the next turn.

I also find that if you give racers respect you will get it back from them. If someone comes from behind me and takes me out in a corner you best bet I am going to come back and do the same. If they do a stop and go I will race clean with them. I race clean and if you are comeing behind me to lap me I will let you know im going to give you the line and where it will be. I expect the same but I know it will not always be the case and if I am in a lead spot and you are holing me up and the person behind me is comeing up and i tell you and you do not give me a line I will take you out. I will always stop and go if i hit someone dirty.

I would rather be known as a clean racer than someone who will cut piped and punt. It goes further in the long run to have a good ontrack reputation.
What would YOU do if you came up on a race FP but lapping them.. ? Punt them because they are racing? Or will you let them race and find a way around.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by David Day
What would YOU do if you came up on a race FP but lapping them.. ? Punt them because they are racing? Or will you let them race and find a way around.
I always let people race. I tail and force people into a mistake. If for some reason I hit someone and cause them to wreck I stop untill they are marshled and back in front. I see no honor in racing dirty. However if someone hits me and does not give me the same courtsey of a stop and go It's game on to take them out. I give what I am given. If that makes any sence.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
I always let people race. I tail and force people into a mistake. If for some reason I hit someone and cause them to wreck I stop untill they are marshled and back in front. I see no honor in racing dirty. However if someone hits me and does not give me the same courtsey of a stop and go It's game on to take them out. I give what I am given. If that makes any sence.
Oh it makes sense,
Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
While I agree with alot of what you are saying here, 99.9% of it actually.

Why do I still detect this underlying threat in what you and alot of others on here are saying.

The "............ move over or else" type of feeling is what I get from some posts on here.
Respect is not something you ern, it's something that is 'given', or is lossed.........very easily actually.

Weather someone wants to pull over and let you by, wants to race you because he thinks he's just as fast, or has had a poor start and is already a couple of laps down after a crash. A beginner who doesn't know any better........it all doesn't really matter.
Why do people think they should have a reason before they do something like shunt them off the track or run over them? And then justify what they have done based on that reason?

They may well have driven badly, they may well have hacked you off, not let you by or caused you to break your car but none of this should give reason enough to do the same or similar to them................ just means your as bad as they are. A bad, poor or unsportsmanlike act is just that, weather done in spite, ignorence or as revenge and retaliation.

This ".......... do what I think is right or else" feeling I get from some posts on here, is...... unerving! Or am I just in the minority here?

Regards,
British Menace

PS: Good thread by the way. Good posts and discussions.
My thought is 2 wrongs don't make a right. If a fast guy will just discuss and teach. You draw more ants with sugar than poison.
I lead buy following, the competition is your wisdom.

The fast guys have to not only set the pace, But also the example.
I mean really there are a lot of scenarios here.
But the truth is moving over is respect and respect can work both ways. Hopefully we all have learned from this thread I sure did.
I just hope I never forget where I came from.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
While I agree with alot of what you are saying here, 99.9% of it actually.

Why do I still detect this underlying threat in what you and alot of others on here are saying.

The "............ move over or else" type of feeling is what I get from some posts on here.
Respect is not something you ern, it's something that is 'given', or is lossed.........very easily actually.

Weather someone wants to pull over and let you by, wants to race you because he thinks he's just as fast, or has had a poor start and is already a couple of laps down after a crash. A beginner who doesn't know any better........it all doesn't really matter.
Why do people think they should have a reason before they do something like shunt them off the track or run over them? And then justify what they have done based on that reason?

They may well have driven badly, they may well have hacked you off, not let you by or caused you to break your car but none of this should give reason enough to do the same or similar to them................ just means your as bad as they are. A bad, poor or unsportsmanlike act is just that, weather done in spite, ignorence or as revenge and retaliation.

This ".......... do what I think is right or else" feeling I get from some posts on here, is...... unerving! Or am I just in the minority here?

Regards,
British Menace

PS: Good thread by the way. Good posts and discussions.
My thought is 2 wrongs don't make a right. If a fast guy will just discuss and teach. You draw more ants with sugar than poison.
I lead buy following, the competition is your wisdom.

The fast guys have to not only set the pace, But also the example.
I mean really there are a lot of scenarios here.
But the truth is moving over is respect and respect can work both ways. Hopefully we all have learned from this thread I sure did.
I just hope I never forget where I came from.
My thought is who's worse, the student or the teacher?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Day
With your attitude I'm pretty sure I'd punt you..
I'm joking..but it was funny
Old 08-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Oasis
With your attitude I'm pretty sure I'd punt you..
I'm joking..but it was funny
Haha.. You're definately sill..
I have a GREAT attitude, just like EVERY racer out there
Old 08-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ratherBracin
It's been my experience that this is a fast hobby in which things happen fast and I would venture to guess that people don't have the time to wait around for someone a lap down to make a mistake.
Great idea, but seldom has the opprotunity or time to work out that way.

I hope i don't come across preachy, i don't know how good you are or how fast you are. Back home i run with my sponsor and we practise chasing each other, putting the pressure on. We will sit in inches of each other lap after lap, we get to do it with faster guys. I'm known as being an under pressure driver, i can hold a place well with someone glued to me... but some of the sponsored and pro guys i have raced with will come up and sit so tight it's over before you know it. You either make a mistake or they are through a hole you wouldn't believe a car could fit through.

Call it how you want, i race very clean and have won a few races. Never forced my through or deliberately taken someone out (We all occasionally mess up) and simply never will.

Basically i would call it as not really a huge issue for fast guys, it's very hard to block someone and if you have any precision or race craft when it happens it will be over in a few corners i think you are right and fast as you say... the blocker will be eating your dust or pipe. If he takes you out deliberately or as a cause of trying to block carelessly... that's an issue.

If anyone finds me bitching about being blocked by a backmarker this weekend, point out this post to me