Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired. >

Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Just to clear any confusion up...
I am not speaking bad about the losi product. I like both my truggy and buggy. However, as the title suggests, I am suggesting that possibly they have some work to do in the area of customer support. All the issues coming from the pre-built truggy were minor. I do think that the race-roller is a bit oversold as in "tuned to exacting specifications" and "ready for serious competition as soon as you open the box". As for the "outrageous demands" I made in my email, here is a copy.

Dear Losi,
I have recently purchased a Losi 8ight buggy kit. It seems that all parts were included with the kit however I believe the tires to be defective. It seems that the outside bead of the tire (all four which is strange) are so oversize that they cannot be forced to seat well on the wheels. The inside diameter fits well enough that they can be banded and glued, however I cannot physically get the outside to fit adequately. Despite logic I have tried to glue one tire, however as expected there is a big gap that cannot be squeezed out. If I am making a mistake somewhere, please let me know. Otherwise please offer a resolution of some type.

Thanks,
Again, I am NOT commenting on the product. I like my losi rc vehicles. I am still, and will be still driving them. My comments are about the product support. I hope that if people speak out about bad experiences, the manufactures can improve their performance.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts
at 0.07 posts per day you should be an expert on swinging and missing.
wow!! what an ass%@le
keep it up trollie
Old 08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by greenracing
wow!! what an ass%@le
keep it up trollie
how immature
Old 08-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts
how immature
+2
Old 08-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by greenracing
wow!! what an ass%@le
keep it up trollie
immature is right

Why can't you people be nice and grow up and stop looking to throw the first stone.
This place is beginning to sound like some kid's site.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi guy
Cs from anyone in r/c has been good with me. I'v been very lucky with that. Since were talking about cs don't you hate when you have a problem with something and when you call for help you get someone on the other line from a third world country that doesn't speak english.
Bell Canada comes to mind. Outsourced to India.

I agree, customer service has been great to me as well.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by boostfiend
Swing and a miss.

550 posts since June 29th 2008, everything from gays to democrats to fog lamps. YOU'RE (correct spelling) on a roll!

Now that YOU'RE on such a roll; roll yourself out of this thread. You add nothing.

Do you even own an RC car?
What's wrong with some of you guys?
Somebody offers their opinion and some of you have the nerve to jump down his throat, accuse him of doing things he didn't do, correct his spelling that didn't need correcting, as well as accusing him of adding nothing to the thread, and yet you're worse than he ever was because while he had something to say relative to the topic all you did was pick a fight. Heck at least he contributes to topics, while others of you have few if any posts at all.

Unfathomable behavior!
Old 08-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I submitted some data to Losi technical for a concern. I never heard back from. Yet they can keep sending Team Losi product emails to me instead about new products.
As for the Losi kits, Horizon is a corporate business selling products from various brands. Those items are mostly being made in China for very low costs. As for the profits, thats they're main objective. Quantity over quality IMO. If you got bad parts, they usually can send some for free, since they're parts costs are cheap. If they never get back to you, you might as well take care of it yourself IMO.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by szakcajaru
Somebody offers their opinion and some of you have the nerve to jump down his throat, accuse him of doing things he didn't do, correct his spelling that didn't need correcting, as well as accusing him of adding nothing to the thread, and yet you're worse than he ever was because while he had something to say relative to the topic all you did was pick a fight. Heck at least he contributes to topics, while others of you have few if any posts at all.

Unfathomable behavior!

go back and read rocket first post. this boy has ben banned once and looks like he wants to try it again.

people have ever right to get what they pay for and expect a decent product.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by NOS2stage
go back and read rocket first post. this boy has ben banned once and looks like he wants to try it again.
people have ever right to get what they pay for and expect a decent product.
What was it that he said that you found so offensive considering it was in response to a pretty pitiful initial post in this discussion. Just because rocket had his hand slapped is no reason for you guys to keep picking on him if he didn't break any rules here. Just piling on is pretty immature IMO.
Sure people have a right to expect a decent product, but to cry incessantly about something this inconsequential is over the top.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

i didnt read it as crying, he bought a race kit and had a few concerns.

rocket took it upon him self to tell him to stop crying. thats when the backlash started.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rocket is a douchebag, I dont like him, he seems to think he has the correct answer for everything, and cant seem to keep himself from downtalking something in everythread.

This is not the first or last time he has ever done this. And as you can tell Im not the only one who feels this way.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by szakcajaru

Unfathomable behavior!
SO if I offer MY opinion, it's wrong? Hmmm, double standard.

Look thru his posts. He offers nothing but blathering. It's not the number of posts, it's HOW you post.

I agree that he came here looking for a fight - now that you bring that up.

Like how I spin that?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:28 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by boostfiend
SO if I offer MY opinion, it's wrong? Hmmm, double standard.
Look thru his posts. He offers nothing but blathering. It's not the number of posts, it's HOW you post.
I agree that he came here looking for a fight - now that you bring that up.
Like how I spin that?
In my honest opinion you're mentioning a double standard and yet that's exactly what you're holding him to, you can say whatever you want and suggesting that he can't. I looked through his posts and he offers some sage advice, while doing some BSing along the way just as most of us do, but it's not like I see you doing nothing but being an angel either.
Maybe he didn't make a lot of friends out there, but since when is it you guys' right or obligation to make him your enemy or go around stalking him?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by NOS2stage
i didnt read it as crying, he bought a race kit and had a few concerns.
rocket took it upon him self to tell him to stop crying. thats when the backlash started.
So the guy had some concerns, big deal. He could have sorted them out over the phone with losi, and instead he comes on here to dis them. That ain';t kewl. Since when did it become acceptable to use discussion boards to air your dirty laundry or irrational complaints? This doesn't help the hobby or the industry, and other sites I frequent have specific rules against that kind of behavior for that very reason.
And rocket called him for it, good for him. But since when did it not become alright for someone to speak their mind, it wasn't like he called the guy any bad names or broke any rctech rules, and it wasn't nearly as bad or distastefull as what some of you have done by attacking him enmasse.

If you don't like a guy, move on. If you don't belive or approve of someone's opinion, ignore it and go to the next post. If we're going to spend our time beating guys up for what they say pretty soon they'll be no one here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.