R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2008, 05:49 AM   #16
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the other end of the driver's stand
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone Revo View Post
When I say last, I mean more than a gallon or two. I had a novarossi that had ten gallons on it and I still use it as a back up now. What engine do you run old school? You seem to be saying alot but not answering the question.
That tells me you're doing something wrong. I've never had a motor last that short a period, of heard of a case of it, unless it was abused.
I've run all sorts of motors, but prefer not to answer with all the "flavors of the week" available which seemingly result in all the so-called advice.
oldschoolracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 AM   #17
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 214
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolracer View Post
That tells me you're doing something wrong. I've never had a motor last that short a period, of heard of a case of it, unless it was abused.
I've run all sorts of motors, but prefer not to answer with all the "flavors of the week" available which seemingly result in all the so-called advice.
I said I have a novarossi that has 10 gallons on it and you say I'm doing something wrong...now I know why you dont answer the "flavor of the week" question, cause you dont know what your talking about. As for the v-specs that dont last, we have a os sponsored driver that runs with us and he runs one weekend on an engine then rebuilds it because it is worn out. Now I know he has it tuned lean but I cant afford to rebuild one every weekend.
__________________
Losi 8ight-T 2.0
Losi 8ight 3.0
AE B4.1
4C Hobby Supply
Maxeys Motors
Tbone Revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:29 AM   #18
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the other end of the driver's stand
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone Revo View Post
I said I have a novarossi that has 10 gallons on it and you say I'm doing something wrong...now I know why you dont answer the "flavor of the week" question, cause you dont know what your talking about. As for the v-specs that dont last, we have a os sponsored driver that runs with us and he runs one weekend on an engine then rebuilds it because it is worn out. Now I know he has it tuned lean but I cant afford to rebuild one every weekend.
Well if YOU can differentiate between 2 and 10 gallons, and the difference that would make, as well suggesting that v-specs don't last while failing to take into consideration that someone runs it lean --- then it means YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND ARE HERE WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME.
oldschoolracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #19
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 373
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Tbonerevo and everyone else just ignore oldschoolracer! He is obviously a tool that has nothing to do but cause problems. If you do a search for his posts at least 95% of them offer nothing but criticism or smart remarks. I have only seen a couple posts by him that offer anyting even close to knowledgeable advice.

I love it how he clearly has a problem with "flavor of the week" posts, but instead of just passing them by he has to stop and cause problems. I no longer respond to any posts by him and I would advise all of you to do the same!
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #20
Tech Addict
 
desertbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 551
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpopracer View Post
Tbonerevo and everyone else just ignore oldschoolracer! He is obviously a tool that has nothing to do but cause problems. If you do a search for his posts at least 95% of them offer nothing but criticism or smart remarks. I have only seen a couple posts by him that offer anyting even close to knowledgeable advice.

I love it how he clearly has a problem with "flavor of the week" posts, but instead of just passing them by he has to stop and cause problems. I no longer respond to any posts by him and I would advise all of you to do the same!
+1

Look at posts by RocketRob40 as well, he had to change his name because he's such a %&$*# head...
desertbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #21
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 214
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpopracer View Post
Tbonerevo and everyone else just ignore oldschoolracer! He is obviously a tool that has nothing to do but cause problems. If you do a search for his posts at least 95% of them offer nothing but criticism or smart remarks. I have only seen a couple posts by him that offer anyting even close to knowledgeable advice.

I love it how he clearly has a problem with "flavor of the week" posts, but instead of just passing them by he has to stop and cause problems. I no longer respond to any posts by him and I would advise all of you to do the same!
Thats cool. It takes a big man to cause trouble hiding behind the internet. I am just trying to find out what other kind of engines are out there. My LHS has os and rb and sirio so of course they push those but some of the others people have mentioned here, I have never heard of.
__________________
Losi 8ight-T 2.0
Losi 8ight 3.0
AE B4.1
4C Hobby Supply
Maxeys Motors
Tbone Revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #22
Tech Adept
 
TKCastle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 118
Default

Gold and platinum plated O.S. Speed with diamond encrusted cooling head. You said no matter the cost!
__________________
Thats right!
TKCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #23
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the other end of the driver's stand
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpopracer View Post
I no longer respond to any posts by him and I would advise all of you to do the same!
I think you just did, or maybe it was also just your way of being a tool.
oldschoolracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #24
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the other end of the driver's stand
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbird View Post
+1
Look at posts by RocketRob40 as well, he had to change his name because he's such a %&$*# head...
Or you could wait in desertbird, or his other alias LosiRacer12, to chime in and get nothing from any of his 131 posts.
oldschoolracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #25
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 302
Default

I have had the following in my truggies - P5, Vspec, 21-5Kt, Max power M5, Ninja, and GRP 21 - all are good, but the GRP is my favorite..more then enough power for any track, 10 minute run times, low temps, and will last. The Vspecs are great for the money, but I have not had one last very long. The P5 is a solid all around motor, but there are much faster motors out there. The 21-5kt is the most finicky thing I have ever run, and I would not recommend one...in fact, I am getting another GRP to relegate my 21-5kt to the backup's backup. Speed's are good too, but I have not been pulled by a Speed with the GRP in the truck, and there is a good bit of price difference between em..
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #26
Tech Elite
 
jpalessi's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,747
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi
Default

Hands down the 24 Trinity EX Tech! Reliable, power u never had with any 21, and almost 10 min. Run time.
__________________
Joe Alessi
www.Lucky7RC.com
jpalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fast Truggy motor. Dynamite Platinum .28 SG Off-Road Truggy Engine Mpowerz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 01-23-2008 12:14 AM
NOVAROSSI rx21r1wc "Kangaroo" Engine (1/8 Onroad) $225 or Trade for truggy engine! BIGTACO R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 08-30-2007 09:21 AM
Orion Wasp Pro .28 engine .... would be a great truggy engine ... F/S... tradhunt R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 08-07-2007 11:56 AM
TRUGGY ENGINE. Mambo Singapore R/C Racers 13 06-25-2007 07:37 AM
what engine for my truggy German Muscle Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 25 05-06-2007 09:29 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:49 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net