Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which truggy engine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:49 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tbone Revo
When I say last, I mean more than a gallon or two. I had a novarossi that had ten gallons on it and I still use it as a back up now. What engine do you run old school? You seem to be saying alot but not answering the question.
That tells me you're doing something wrong. I've never had a motor last that short a period, of heard of a case of it, unless it was abused.
I've run all sorts of motors, but prefer not to answer with all the "flavors of the week" available which seemingly result in all the so-called advice.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldschoolracer
That tells me you're doing something wrong. I've never had a motor last that short a period, of heard of a case of it, unless it was abused.
I've run all sorts of motors, but prefer not to answer with all the "flavors of the week" available which seemingly result in all the so-called advice.
I said I have a novarossi that has 10 gallons on it and you say I'm doing something wrong...now I know why you dont answer the "flavor of the week" question, cause you dont know what your talking about. As for the v-specs that dont last, we have a os sponsored driver that runs with us and he runs one weekend on an engine then rebuilds it because it is worn out. Now I know he has it tuned lean but I cant afford to rebuild one every weekend.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tbone Revo
I said I have a novarossi that has 10 gallons on it and you say I'm doing something wrong...now I know why you dont answer the "flavor of the week" question, cause you dont know what your talking about. As for the v-specs that dont last, we have a os sponsored driver that runs with us and he runs one weekend on an engine then rebuilds it because it is worn out. Now I know he has it tuned lean but I cant afford to rebuild one every weekend.
Well if YOU can differentiate between 2 and 10 gallons, and the difference that would make, as well suggesting that v-specs don't last while failing to take into consideration that someone runs it lean --- then it means YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND ARE HERE WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tbonerevo and everyone else just ignore oldschoolracer! He is obviously a tool that has nothing to do but cause problems. If you do a search for his posts at least 95% of them offer nothing but criticism or smart remarks. I have only seen a couple posts by him that offer anyting even close to knowledgeable advice.

I love it how he clearly has a problem with "flavor of the week" posts, but instead of just passing them by he has to stop and cause problems. I no longer respond to any posts by him and I would advise all of you to do the same!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
Tbonerevo and everyone else just ignore oldschoolracer! He is obviously a tool that has nothing to do but cause problems. If you do a search for his posts at least 95% of them offer nothing but criticism or smart remarks. I have only seen a couple posts by him that offer anyting even close to knowledgeable advice.

I love it how he clearly has a problem with "flavor of the week" posts, but instead of just passing them by he has to stop and cause problems. I no longer respond to any posts by him and I would advise all of you to do the same!
+1

Look at posts by RocketRob40 as well, he had to change his name because he's such a %&$*# head...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats cool. It takes a big man to cause trouble hiding behind the internet. I am just trying to find out what other kind of engines are out there. My LHS has os and rb and sirio so of course they push those but some of the others people have mentioned here, I have never heard of.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Gold and platinum plated O.S. Speed with diamond encrusted cooling head. You said no matter the cost!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Suspended

I no longer respond to any posts by him and I would advise all of you to do the same!
I think you just did, or maybe it was also just your way of being a tool.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by desertbird
+1
Look at posts by RocketRob40 as well, he had to change his name because he's such a %&$*# head...
Or you could wait in desertbird, or his other alias LosiRacer12, to chime in and get nothing from any of his 131 posts.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

I have had the following in my truggies - P5, Vspec, 21-5Kt, Max power M5, Ninja, and GRP 21 - all are good, but the GRP is my favorite..more then enough power for any track, 10 minute run times, low temps, and will last. The Vspecs are great for the money, but I have not had one last very long. The P5 is a solid all around motor, but there are much faster motors out there. The 21-5kt is the most finicky thing I have ever run, and I would not recommend one...in fact, I am getting another GRP to relegate my 21-5kt to the backup's backup. Speed's are good too, but I have not been pulled by a Speed with the GRP in the truck, and there is a good bit of price difference between em..
Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Hands down the 24 Trinity EX Tech! Reliable, power u never had with any 21, and almost 10 min. Run time.