Search

SH Pro 8 Port Engine??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SH Pro 8 Port Engine??

Hello,
Has anybody ran the new SH 8 port engine that Hobby People is now displaying on their website? I have heard several good things about SH engines in the past and was just curious as to if anyone has heard anything about the NEW 8 port. Also, Hobby People now has the Z-Car Pro Kit made by SH listed on their website. What do you guys think of this new buggy or has anyone ever even driven one? Thanks for any info.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

SH makes alot of motors that you probably dont even know about like the Dynamite line and the Xtm line also I belive I use one of their mills right now. I know they have been around for a long time and now are trying to maket to the serious racer, which is good. I belive they can make a contendor for the usual top of the line engine. And I read about the car they are coming out with and from what I heard it should be a good car. I would buy the car and the motor just to be different.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default ?

Anyone else have comments??
Old 06-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, Let me start off by saying SH Engines strives to produce the best quality engines possible. I have ran the PT2008XB and I can say from experience that the engine is awesome. This engine will run with any Italian engine on the market without paying the 500 to 600 dollar cost.I have raced several professional races with it and I have done well running this engine.They are very strong, very dependable, and very easy to tune.The engine also has a super smooth powerband,great bottom end and absolutely amazing top end speeds.But don't forget about the gas mileage which this engine with an 8.5 carb restrictor has given me almost 10.5 mins. Yes SH produces the Dynamite, Dynamite Platinum's, the Sportwerks,LRP's, and several more engines out on the market. As for the Z-Car I plan on trying to get it next week. But I do know members of the team are doing extremely well with the car.Hope this information helps.If you have any further questions please let me know.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Now for someone who is not sponsored by SH engines...

Mach 427 engines are in lst2, eight rtr, eight t rtr. They have a reputation for great power, long life and reliability.
As someone stated Xtm engines are made by SH such as the pro 457 which is the same as the lrp spec 2 engine.

All in all they are a good engine company.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

SH make good budget engines...the 8 port 28 is the same as a LRP Spec 3
Old 06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Anybody have experience with the new Z car yet? I am interested in an SH engine and Zcar just to be different and would like to know a little more about the Z. Thanks
Old 06-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

SH mills are great for the price. They make alot of OEM mills. I would just open it up and flush it out before you fire it up. I heard that they had some issue with debris in the crank. I would do that with ANY engine you buy. While you have it opend up you might as well seal it while you are at it. Then you KNOW you are G2G.