Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hot modded Novarossi N21B 2001 BF 3 port? >

Hot modded Novarossi N21B 2001 BF 3 port?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot modded Novarossi N21B 2001 BF 3 port?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Hot modded Novarossi N21B 2001 BF 3 port?

I am currently running a stock N21B in my 8ight buggy. I really like the engine, especially for an indoor track. Overall, I am very impressed with the performance.

Even though I am using a 086 pipe, I imagine on an outdoor track, the N21B top end will be lacking.

I was interested in feedback on the Hot Modded version of the N21B. If someone has run both engines, I would like to understand the difference in performance. Does the modded engine have more top end, but still good low end. Is there any negatives with buying the Hot moded Novarossi N21B 2001 BF 3 port?
Old 04-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The Hotmod version gives you a more run time and more power over the stock version. I have raced people down our really long straight and passed them with mine.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is this motor faster than the stock version how would it compare to a p5 or any other five port motor
Old 04-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brianr34
I am currently running a stock N21B in my 8ight buggy. I really like the engine, especially for an indoor track. Overall, I am very impressed with the performance.

Even though I am using a 086 pipe, I imagine on an outdoor track, the N21B top end will be lacking.

I was interested in feedback on the Hot Modded version of the N21B. If someone has run both engines, I would like to understand the difference in performance. Does the modded engine have more top end, but still good low end. Is there any negatives with buying the Hot moded Novarossi N21B 2001 BF 3 port?
I ran that motor out door will bve fine on power,jp-3 on it.