Wiki Posts
Search

Southern Indoor Championship

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madmaxxrc
Listen up guys!!! A guaranteed $1,000.00 dollar pay-out for all pro classes and could be more depending on racer turn-out, plus plaques. Plaques only for all sportsman classes... Only a few days left to get signed up so don't get left out.....
Does that go for 1/10 pro as well?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shazbot
Does that go for 1/10 pro as well?
For the winners yes....so for you no.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skeller
For the winners yes....so for you no.
Once again you have to go blowin my candle out just to make yours burn a little brighter....

HaHa... you blow
Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

that sounds like a challange to me skeller

are you thinking about getting a 1/10 put together for the sic
Old 08-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

"is it on...or off? I think it's on!!"

"a bolt..a squirrel skull...some grey matter...umm...some pine straw...and an acorn."
Old 08-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by madmaxxrc
Listen up guys!!! A guaranteed $1,000.00 dollar pay-out for all pro classes and could be more depending on racer turn-out, plus plaques. Plaques only for all sportsman classes... Only a few days left to get signed up so don't get left out.....
I understand paying the best racers (pro's) but how come no one ever throws a few dollars towards the sportsman ? WE spend WAAAYYY more money to race and we only get free prizes. Don't get me wrong i love to race even though i stink at it but even last place in NASCAR makes a little something. And i pay the same exact amount to race as the pro's and even get a shorter race. Now if i was good this would be a moot point but it just seems wrong to keep the little man down.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
I understand paying the best racers (pro's) but how come no one ever throws a few dollars towards the sportsman ? WE spend WAAAYYY more money to race and we only get free prizes. Don't get me wrong i love to race even though i stink at it but even last place in NASCAR makes a little something. And i pay the same exact amount to race as the pro's and even get a shorter race. Now if i was good this would be a moot point but it just seems wrong to keep the little man down.
i just think it is awesome that there will be great prizes for sportsman .....PTM modded motors , and kits and stuff ...it makes it that much better ......the little guys getting some goods after all ......money is good and all but the races ive gotten nice trophies and placks i have enjoyed more than the money ....the placks are here to stay ...the money is gone tomarrow s with all the swag we have to give away it ought to be right on time ....

i wish i had me a tenth scale ...i think i would just have to put an end to that 10th scale win streak you got goin ....there sport ...hey maybe team keller can sponser me in 10th scale ....opps forgot you sold all that stuff
Old 08-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
First off, there are no sportsman racers in NASCAR.

Second, pro's usually spend more on travel in a year than the average sportsman spends for everything in that same year.

Third, many insurance policies available through various hobby organizations will not cover anyone who races for a living. You can be sponsored, and can even race for cash and still enjoy personal liability coverage from a group like the AMA, but if you are a paid pro you have to provide your own liability coverage.

Fourth, sportsman classes usually don't pay because the vast majority of those running sportsmen prefer prizes over cash. Some people won't even sign up if it's a cash only race because they feel r/c car racing is a hobby not a sport.

Fifth (and most important), anyone who wants a shot at the cash is free to sign up in the class(es) that have a cash payout.

It's less about shunning the "little guy" and more about accommodating two very different reasons for wanting to race in the same venue at the same time. Not everyone who races an r/c car (including plenty of drivers with mad skillz) care about sponsorship or cash payouts. Trust me, if the sportsman classes at this years race are anything like they have been in years past, racing sportsman will be just as tight as it is in the pro classes, just a tick slower.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=zixxer;4738622
i wish i had me a tenth scale ...i think i would just have to put an end to that 10th scale win streak you got goin ....there sport ...hey maybe team keller can sponser me in 10th scale ....opps forgot you sold all that stuff[/QUOTE]

Hey Guy, you just need to focus on that buggy muggy truggy trio you've got going there And I thought Bmoney raced a different vehicle every weekend, it looks like he might have some competition in that department now

Love,
Mike
Old 08-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Guy, you just need to focus on that buggy muggy truggy trio you've got going there And I thought Bmoney raced a different vehicle every weekend, it looks like he might have some competition in that department now

Love,
Mike
well now lets just see here ...it seems like the muggy was powning monster trucks across the state ...and wait lets see if it beat a kyosho st-rr at the pit ....ummmmmmmmm....yehhhhhhhh.......but yeh i am settling down now ...i just couldnt resist driving some different vehicles ...since ocm went bust ....i have settled now and come the first of the yeAR when i re-up it will be buggy and truggy for me ....and no bmoney hoppin either...i do want desperately to pick up a tenth scale ...its just to much fun ...and powning you will be even funner and remember i talk the rc bitches

opps almost forgot powned truggy class with the jammin at nates place
Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zixxer
well now lets just see here ...it seems like the muggy was powning monster trucks across the state ...and wait lets see if it beat a kyosho st-rr at the pit ....ummmmmmmmm....yehhhhhhhh.......but yeh i am settling down now ...i just couldnt resist driving some different vehicles ...since ocm went bust ....i have settled now and come the first of the yeAR when i re-up it will be buggy and truggy for me ....and no bmoney hoppin either...i do want desperately to pick up a tenth scale ...its just to much fun ...and powning you will be even funner and remember i talk the rc bitches

opps almost forgot powned truggy class with the jammin at nates place
You know if I had a ride for every class that I would love to try them all. My problem is that I would be trying to run them all in the same day... (mini shed)
Old 08-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Mike....engine.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skeller
Mike....engine.
Shane ....turbo head
Old 08-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Shane ....turbo head
Indeed...
Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

You know if I had a ride for every class that I would love to try them all. My problem is that I would be trying to run them all in the same day... (mini shed)

yes sir i remeber . its tuff stick with what your doing now ...you will be ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.