Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GRP engines team

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

IMO, RB, Novarossi, etc, don't need to step-up. They've already established a name for themselves. GRP is hiring lots of really good drivers to get their name out there. Once they establish their place in the market, I doubt you'll see this many names under their banner...

I've had mixed results with the Ninja. Seems to be finicky here at altitude. Doesn't run consistently up here. Some random flameouts and re-tuning frequently....

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:WOW looks like GRP is realy trying to make a splash with their new engine line by signing a great list of team drivers for the 2008 season such as ryan mayfield,travis amezcua,jesse robbers,jason ashton,yannick aigion to name a few.Looks like other companies like picco,o.s.,nova rossi,rb concepts,ninja among others need to step up to compete especialy with the 1/8th nitro buggy worlds coming in 2008.Finally will any of the new grp team members be switching to their tires as well?Just my thoughts thanks.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default from neo buggy

GRP ENGINE - GENERAL INFO

Intro
The complete GRP engine line is born from an innovative and well-advanced industrial project, made in Italy by GRP, with the direct technical direction of Mario ROSSI.
A technological and futuristic Research Center, which has allowed the production of our very first projects, and that, will allow in future a constant product development.
All this was studied with the most up-date and advanced software of mechanical simulation, to know and reproduce all conditions of use and all components and material deformations at high temperature. The main points of this new production are the following.

TUNED Line
Our main line consists of a TUNED version, which represents the maximum expression of the current motoring technology at worldwide level. Excellent performance is supplied here for maximum competition, at a very competitive price, since its distribution is channeled directly through our GRP worldwide network. This line includes the following models:

- TUNED .12 Touring
- TUNED .12 Stadium
- TUNED .21 OnRoad
- TUNED .21 Rally
- TUNED .21 Buggy
- TUNED .28 Truggy

SPORT Line
Our full Sport line of GRP engines, comes to life from the need to have side to a Tuned line, a version with, however, very valuable characteristics at a more held down price.
These engines too are produced in Italy by GRP, under the direct technical supervision of Mario ROSSI. The quality of material and manufacturing used, guarantee anyhow high technical characteristics, compared to other engines present on the market at this target price.
All components of this version are interchangeable with the ones of our Tuned version, so that if someone wishes to, it is possible to improve its performance, without having to replace the engine in full. This line includes the following models:

- SPORT .12 Touring
- SPORT .21 Rally
- SPORT .21 Buggy

PROMOKIT
All engine models are available in a single GRP plastic box, or in a special PromoKit, studied to market the initial promotional action which will be undertaken at worldwide level from GRP and by all its distributors. Our PromoKit comes in a color-printed carton case with its plastic handle and it contains:

- 1 Complete Engine
- 1 Manifold
- 1 2008 Efra Pipe
- 1 GRP embroidered Cap
- 1 GRP Kit Gadgets

SPARE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
The new policy adopted by GRP for its own engine line, foresees the supply of all spare parts and accessories, at very competitive prices, to facilitate all regular operations of ordinary maintenance on engine, on behalf of the end-user.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

With all the so-call changes, if the price is the same as it was before, I am sure it will not sell as much till some tests are done or a few people win with it. If they do change the internals, then what is Mugen's Ninja series to do, use the same or drop the GRP series? Would seem weird that the Ninja parts are scarce with new engines coming out. Seems it would be the same parts to me, as it looks like they used the spares for new engine series.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Philipm
Quite incorrect - new name, new brand, and different engine, above all different power. Many engines nowadays are very similar... Depends how you class "difference" from one person to another.
I dont think its fair to undermine the engines before they are even widely released.

Nova is going through a tough patch, but I have full confidence Federico has the knowledge and ability to return Nova to success in the long term future.
Dont you worry Federico and Novarossi are not going through a hard patch at all .Dont ever under estimate Federico Barchi he has his plans .

Like they say you get what you payed for .See whats the use if the parts are cheap as they say but you need 10 piston and liners for the year ????

Anyway i wish Grp the best and hopefully they can put the ninja,boss and falcon days behine them with a powerful and long lasting product
Old 01-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Like I was saying earlier in other posts about Ninja no longer being with GRP:

http://www.redrc.net/2008/01/grp-to-...and/#more-7488

GRP/Ninja will only have parts for 2 more years, then thats it.

Last edited by ezveedub; 01-23-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
Jeff Ford??? Isn't he the notorious leader of the Chicago-based "Stones" gang? I thought he was still in prison. Saw it on The History Channel...
thats Jeff Fort........aka the leader of the Black Peastones