Wiki Posts
Search

help axxe rossi x1 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default help axxe rossi x1 cobra

I just received my engine and tried to break it in. It is not getting enough fuel to even run. I richened the hsn a lot just to get it to run and I have to hold the carb open at least 1/2 to keep it runnung. I boke it in using a heat gun and the heat cycle method keeping the engine around 210 degrees. Now its time to tune it to race but when I lean the hsn it wont even start. it will start with it very rich but has no speed and won't idle at all. the lsn is in the factory setting pretty much flush with the carb. i did not move the lsn from factory.

I did notice a small crack in the header where a small amout of oil is leaking. could this cause enough loss of back pressure to stop fuel from being sent to the carb? WHen I blow into the fuel pressure line to the tank and lean it out it will run as long as I keep pressure in the tank.

What are the factory carb settings

thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No, your LSN tuning is off. You need to slowly close the idle screw and close the LSN needle. It appears its too rich on the bottom to idle and opening the throttle supplies enough air. Get the LSN & Idle screw set first and then tune the HSN. Once it idles properly, get it on the ground and tune the HSN needle, keeping it rich enough to smoke and not overheat.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

please post your settings if anyone has them.

i slowly work the lsn in till it stopped it was a little better but no idle with .5 mm gap and when I hold the throttle full and close the hsn it does pick up speed a little then it dies it is no getting enough gas for some reason.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

I don't have my engine with me to check, but try 2 to 2.5 turns from bottom on the LSN and open the idle set screw more. If the idle is too high, then slowly close the idle screw and tune the LSN. Also, make sure the glowplug doesn't need changing. Try another one first to see if its better and try retuning it.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Before I cemented the pressure fitting on my 2050 pipe, my O.S. V01B did the same thing. Try putting some JB Weld on the crack in the manifold.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Initiate

well problem solved! the factory installed the sleeve wrong. I didn't have the exhaust cutout in the sleeve to the rear. Just a few smaller cut outs. The exhause pressure and oil couldnt escape so the fuel couldnt enter. thanks for the help guys!!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dubdeuce
well problem solved! the factory installed the sleeve wrong. I didn't have the exhaust cutout in the sleeve to the rear. Just a few smaller cut outs. The exhause pressure and oil couldnt escape so the fuel couldnt enter. thanks for the help guys!!
The sleeve was installed incorrectly in a factory Cobra X1? I would send it back. The sleeve is pinned to the case, so the sleeve must have been nicked or the pin crushed to get the sleeve to sit properly.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Initiate

well it did nic the sleeve but i dont think it will affect anything where the nic is. it didnt penetrate through the top of the sleeve.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

If it was indeed assembled wrong, I would contact them about it. The piston is now rotated in the sleeve and will wear differently now, so I would check this.