Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default the best 1/8 buggy

the best 1/8 buggy
Old 01-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

i dont think they are 1 best i think some are better than others in different areas, but if you take time to get to know your car and different setups then your car will be as good as the next, the guy beside you might be a better driver but there is not 1 best buggy.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Kyosho Inferno DX!!!!! I still love it till this day! That thing was featherweight

As for modern buggies, you'll get lots of debates and you won't come to a conclusion.....just my thoughts
Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Redcat Tornado
Old 01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

these threads come up 3 times a day lately! LOL!

1 major thing to look for is parts support, regardless of what brand you pick. caster, losi, ae, mugen, kyosho, ocm, cen, jammin, ofna, etc, etc, etc, etc...they all have their pros and cons
Old 01-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Default LOL

Originally Posted by DPowers
i dont think they are 1 best i think some are better than others in different areas, but if you take time to get to know your car and different setups then your car will be as good as the next, the guy beside you might be a better driver but there is not 1 best buggy.
I think your right man! You can have the "best" buggy with all the hop up parts and still get spanked by a consistent driver! Happens to me all the time!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:55 PM

Wink

The best buggy is the one which has Mugen stability, Associated acceleration, Losi jumping and X-ray quality. nod:
Old 01-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

loop----lolol you couldnt of said it better

i pick the matrix but you guys and I BOTH know im full of $hit there is no best buggy we get one of these things once a month so dont feel bad
theres a few major thing to look for in a buggy first your supply of parts second what you can afford third what works the best for YOU not anyone else you can drive a mugen and be pro with it and drive a losi and suck real bad
all the companys out there with the exception of a few have very awesome buggies one has this the other has that one doesnt have this you know blah blah blah it can go on and on you can buy almost any buggy on the market and set it up where you can drive it (now setting the car up is a whole different ball game) just cause your friend has 7/10/3 for diff oil doesnt mean you can drive it that way hell you may be fatser with 50/100/30 i can go on and on but there is no "best buggy" OR truggy its all preference yea there is buggies that are just better outta the box than some for different reasons but there is no best buggy that you can just hand to someone and they are gonna win its...... about
70% driver
30%car

then as for the car its about......
60% tires
40% car set-up

this conversation can go on for weeks
Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Redcat Tornado is a 1/10th scale bud, The Hurricane XP is the 1/8th and it is also a very good buggy
Old 01-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Tech Rookie

NO NO NO NO NO !!!

The best buggy is mine !! ROFL
Old 01-31-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Honestly, the best buggy will be the one I do not own.

That said, if you are a talented driver you can make anything go fast. To go really fast you just have to be a bit more comfortable with the vehicle and take care of that one gripe or complaint you always seem to have with the car. -and by talent I don't mean just driving. lots of people can drive, but they have no clue about setting up a car and what small changes will do to performance. (it's like this in any form of racing)
Old 01-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

I set up a thread a couple of days ago. I got a lot of great information. I visited my local hobby shop to see the vehicles. I have determined that I am going with the Losi eight. The setup that is on the vehicle is great. I woudl go with the competition or race roller if you plan to race. The RTR version comes with a 427 engine which will not work for racing in the buggy bracket. It is set up to track well.