Wiki Posts
Search

Which engine modifier??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 02:49 PM
dsl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was also looking at CEO mods, EB mods, Murnan.

Who modifies the pros engines for offroad?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

HTTP://WWW.CEOPOWERMODS.COM
HTTP://WWW.MAXYSFUEL.COM
HTTP://WWW.CMDRACING.COM

All 3 have done my engines with great sucess.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

From what I read and see there`s not too many Big Time Pro`s that run modded engines
Old 12-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

murnan modified motors supplies my rossi's. great power band good fuel efficiency. www.murnanmodified.com
Old 12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

www.abmods.com
Old 12-14-2007, 12:46 PM

Why dont u just buy the RB, dont worry about any modder!!
Old 12-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loop&Roll
Why dont u just buy the RB, dont worry about any modder!!
i agree!!!!! no modding needed...
Old 12-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

I know it's not my thread but id like to just give a little by me on this question about engine modifier.

All you really need is a polish and balance to the engine just to allow a smoother fuel flow thats all.
Dont forget once you start cutting into the sleeve you gain power from one place and lose it in the other .You either gain mid ,top or bottom or lose mid ,top or bottom you can't have it all .
so i suggest don't mod the engine at all (like cutting into the sleeve ,crank etc the factory is the only one who knows better .tuned engines are perfectly fitted parts like a matched battery pack its not a dremil cutting sequence and from my experience i have never come across a modified engine that is faster,more reliable,fuel efficient or has outlasted the lifespan of a factory tuned engine.
Also dont forget you can gain some of the characteristics mention above by experimenting with pipes,headers ,gearing and glow plugs .no need for cutting.
also don't skimp on fuel always use quality fuel.You dont see the worlds best running after market modified engines.

just my two cents worth.

Last edited by COBRARACING; 12-14-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

While I'll agree with most of your points. There are others too...

Engines from the factory are a compromise. They have to be. Nothing is free, so for better performance you sacrifice durability. For increased durability you sacrifice performance. Just the way it is. All you have to do is look at 1:1 race cars.

The factory is also limited by "cost". They have to make the engine affordable. In doing so, their machines may make the correct "cut" but its not as finished as it could be, with hard angles or angles easy for machines to get in there and do that job. Sure they can make it smoother but when you are talking about machining its, added cost as opposed to casting.

Same with that coating some of the manufacturers are putting on the crank. That coating makes the crank move more smoothly through the case, same thing as does polishing, but what costs more?

Modifying an engine is extracting more performance out of that engine in exchange for a bit of durability. This can be made minimal if the modifier knows what they are doing.

Mod'ding isn't for everyone. When someone says to me; "Make my engine go faster". I don't just grab it and start working on it. I ask them what are they looking to gain. What area do they feel their motor is lacking. Have they tried different shoes, springs, pipe...
Old 12-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

good info, good indeed, so i guss if you really dont need it, just polish the parts with out cutting, just making the engine smoother in power delivery and fuel efficiency.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

a RB C6BBT7 does not need modded, no good quality racing mill does.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Just polishing a motor might not help. Nascar motors intakes and heads are not polished! Why because fuel sticks to it and doesn't get mixed up in the air. A rough surface makes the air turbulent near the surface and keeps the fuel atomized in the air = more power. Polishing a crank will help because it's spinning in the fuel.

Some modders are just people that think all you do is make a few cuts, others spend years perfecting the art. I for one have never had a motor modded, I have modded some of my worn motors to play with and experiment. Most people do not need modded motors.

Rex
Old 12-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I recently had a newly broken-in Go Tech 3 port sport motor modded by a friend.

I knew the motors characteristics well before sending it to him so that I could do a direct comparison. I knew that the motor spooled up very quickly and had great bottom end snap while getting 9:22 minutes on a 125 ml tank. Unfortunately it topped out a bit too soon IMO.

I really only wanted to get another minute of run time, a little better top end and maybe a bit more bottom end. Well 2 out of three ain't bad. I got a bit more bottom snap and definately more top end but I LOST almost a minute of run time.

My point? You can't have it all. No matter what a modder promises you. I don't believe a modder can take an engine he's never worked on and give you amazing results. I think it's part science, part experience, and part luck. So if you're willing to roll the dice then go get your engine modded. I've seen some bad/mediocre results from several of the top engine modders.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys all I can say to this is if you have no idea as to what mods do then STAY AWAY ! This stuff is TRUE VOO-DOO !! You either get a good one or not !! As for modding for economy ? You touch the inside of that motor with a polish wheel or grinder of any sort and you can kiss economy good bye!

The best way to get better economy is with your tuning of the entire package! PERIOD!! Your chassis needs to be perfectly tuned as well as your mill or you are just wasting all your efforts. Granted if you know how to tune a modded engine that is crazy powerful ,then you don't need nearly as much throttle to get the job done ,thus better milage.. and this will most of the time though ,go in the opposite direction, hot mill wasted power to wheel spin ..... SO you see there is WAY more to the picture !! If your engine guy can get your mill to make power where YOU like most ,then he is a great modder! Otherwise stick to the stock stuff and learn to tune your package and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!! This is by far the BEST MOD !!
Oh yeah and it's the cheapest too
Old 12-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

There are some common misconceptions in this thread of engine modding. Power and fuel economy can be had from modding an engine. IMO, if chrome on the sleeve has not been cut, then it isn't modded. All these little cuts in the brass of the sleeve are pretty, but they don't do a whole lot. Port timing and port shape is where it's at. Polishing IMO doesn't do a whole lot, and neither do all these coatings. To tell you the truth, you could only "see" the minute results on a dyno, and dyno's don't go down the track......(and that's a whole 'nother thread in its self).

Now being an engine modder myself, out of all the engine modders listed in this thread, I would recommend 2. I am associated with neither. EB mods and AB mods. Both of these guys can mod and do a fine job of "purpose" modding. Fuel, economy, smoother powerbands, etc.

FWIW, the RB C6 is a stout .21 and would make a fine truggy mill, but it will rip a buggy in half! Now, you could have it modded and and have the power band moved up some to rid yourself of the brutal torque - and add to the top end. Then you have a race killer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.