Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Chad with C&R Hobbies

If your not first your last
Old 09-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

I've just tested the new EVO and was mighty impressed. We just had a pre-Proline race here in Australia and 1st time out, the EVO got TQ. Theo was also on pace but had a few motor issues which were hampering things somewhat. Computer then decided to crash for the main, so that was a non result.
I've just recieved the Aluminium Rear upright's and will be racing/testing this weekend at the Pro-line. Wish us luck
Kev
Old 09-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Thats awesome Kev, are there any pics about?
good luck mate
Old 09-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tony Newland????

I think your really Alan Burton.

Feels good to post under your own name don't it?

I heard about "Booger Girl".............that's nice
Old 09-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

haha that just about gave me the dry heaves, I learned all sorts of things down in the bayou, its not a race....its an adventure

one day we'll let him get his own laptop...then 'that there web thingy' will be in trouble!! buwahahahaha
Old 09-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

okay, this "booger girl" sounds like an interesting story, spill it

Originally Posted by skeller
snip

I heard about "Booger Girl".............that's nice
Old 09-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wasn't there.....so all I have are the high points.

Really good looking girl....driving down the higway. Picks her nose(you could see the booger from the van they were in) .......looks at it....and eats it.

Then goes back for seconds.

Did I miss anything Tony?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

YUCH!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Diffs

I see you Rec. a 2/4/1 set up for the evo kit...Would this be what you rec. for a indoor setup as well?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

whats the difference between the EVO?? and the previous? Latvia has a OCM distributor which is great to hear, so ill be down and dirty very soon, this week ordering all my gear. and if Kaz has the OCM for sale ill have that early this week.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

we did not have a good weekend with the ocm, of the 3 cars that are built now all three broke. one a-arm, 2 shock shafts, a steering ball cup, and a suspension pin. all at different times, and we each broke, it was crazy. one of our cars won the a main and 2 of us were out because we broke. anyone else having these issues, we had mugen and x ray and never broke one part and they were crashed hard a lot. we don't usually wreck to much anymore, rub the pipe and once in awhile we will crash but nothing that should cause all these issues. i have emailed alan and am waiting on a response. i will let you all know what he says about these issues. the cars handle good and are very quick, they just seem to break a lot from what we have had happen to us. also the 4th car we have had a cracked fuel tank, it is ready but i am also waiting on a response from alan on replacing it. i hope they get the issues resolved quick.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I've only had one real problem with mine which was fixed with the new bulkheads, but besides that the only other breakage was my fault for cartwheeling into a hay bale which broke the arm at the shock mount. No bent shock shaft or anything like that. Put on a new arm and I was good to go.

Personally, I find it to be on a par with other RC when it comes to durability.

If there is one area that I think could be improved, it would be the plastic composite they use. I think its durable but IMO, is probably a little soft in the 'wear' department. What I mean by this, is in the month that I've had my OCM the holes where the hinge pins go through in the "big" part of the arms have worn enough to develop noticeable play/slop. When I compare this to my Mugen MBX5T, which I've had from the beginning of the season has not developed any play/slop....

This is very minor though....
Old 09-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

WESTERN PA, I have only broken steering end links, in the 5 gallons I have on my car, and that was because of the servo saver was too tight. You may want to check that. As for the other parts, I am sure it was just a fluke, in my 6 yrs of racings, I have never broke on a hard hit. It has always been that one weird off camber landing that I break something on. Let me know if you need some help. I would be more than happy to. [email protected]
Old 09-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

dup

Last edited by Tony Newland; 09-30-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by westernpa
we did not have a good weekend with the ocm, of the 3 cars that are built now all three broke. one a-arm, 2 shock shafts, a steering ball cup, and a suspension pin. all at different times, and we each broke, it was crazy. one of our cars won the a main and 2 of us were out because we broke. anyone else having these issues, we had mugen and x ray and never broke one part and they were crashed hard a lot. we don't usually wreck to much anymore, rub the pipe and once in awhile we will crash but nothing that should cause all these issues. i have emailed alan and am waiting on a response. i will let you all know what he says about these issues. the cars handle good and are very quick, they just seem to break a lot from what we have had happen to us. also the 4th car we have had a cracked fuel tank, it is ready but i am also waiting on a response from alan on replacing it. i hope they get the issues resolved quick.

I'm not sure what 'issues' your reffering to? Sounds like the cars are being subjected to a fair bit of force at some point. Most of breakage doesnt happen when the part actually splits or breaks....its been cracked or broken from previous incidents and finally gives away later on. I can assume that there is alittle more to whats going on since brushing a pipe wont break a fuel tank, shock shafts, hinge pins and arms. My current car has just over 3 gallons and I've broken two things: a front knuckle (hit a plywood jump support at full wood) and a steering end link (landed all twisted on a fast double).

I cant imagine what caused shock shafts to break....or even an arm. When I broke the front knuckle I was absolutely full spped on the straight and my car bounced backwards about 6 feet off the wood and still didnt break the arm (its actually still on my car)

I would speculate just some fluke wrecks or ackward landings. Those two parts are not a common part to break on any car

Adim X also has a god point....its good practice to break down the servo saver every couple gallons, de-burr and grease to ensure smooth operation. I used to do this to every car I had. The tolerances between the plastic and aluminum are minimal along with the typically dusty conditions will make it seize and be in-operable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.