Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ONCE YOU GO NITRO YOU NEVER GO BACK....LOL

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A little off the ball park but how many Electric Top Fuel drag cars do you see?

Leave the Electrics to the old people in their wheelchairs going down the coridoors in the local hospital.

Not trying to offend anyone and if i did sorry, but electric is yawnable and way to boring to watch let alone drive IMO and you will never ever see me running electric cars ever :]

Even alot of tracks are setup and biased towards Electric and not good for Nitro cars in my area and it just makes it oh so the worse.

Thats my opinion and if you dont like it tough, thats the way the cookie crumbles.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

skeery jones im curoius as to why you dont think electric is harder?? fine your entitled to your opinion and i completly understand but there is no reason to be a douche bag about it! in my opinion electric is way harder than gas. I see you have a BJ4 in that pic under your name well try driving a 2wd car, if you already do then you would know that it takes twice the amount of throttle control and overall control to get around the track fast. i just started racing 1/8th arena truck this year and that class takes absolutly no skill at all, most of those guys drive like every corner is the finish line and dont have any concept of the power thier trucks have(not all just some)!!! every guy that drives a monster truck like a maniac should be required to run stock truck at some point.

<btw what 2wd mod race have you won? >

and yes this is experience talking
Old 08-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Time to add in my two cents, as I am an experienced electric racer who has just recently purchased / raced a Jammin X1 CRT FTE.

-------

I have been very happy with electric RC racing for a long time, and fairly good at it. There are several differences in Electric Racing and Gas racing which are apparent.

Nitro has a serious learning curve. Tuning engines, necessary tools, car setups, tips and tricks that the manual does not show. So an experienced electric guy like me should hit the ground running in the nitro world right? WRONG. After an 8 hour build up pf my brand new Jammin X1CRT-FTE, sparing no time to make certain that everything is perfect, nothing seemed right. Parts were falling off, fuel line got caught in the brakes, and five or six other non driving related things kept me from finishing any of the practice / qualifying sessions I had run. VERY FRUSTRATING.

I have also learned that nitro is NOT a go it alone type of hobby.

1. You WILL NEED a pit man. Usually these are easy to come by, and help at the track is easy to find.. People in this sport are generally friendly.

2. You WILL NEED a temp gun, and someone who can tune a nitro engine effectively. I went out and bought an OS Speed V Spec, and it would be really easy for me to mess it up by running too lean or guessing the temp, or trying to use the "spit method."

3. Nitro racing is not the same level of sport as Electric RC.
I have done a LOT of racing since I was younger, mostly in motorsports. Nitro RC is a hobby form or racing more on the level of motocross at a club level, or karting on a club level. Where as in Electric RC you see kids dropped off at the track with their setups, and they race, then mom picks them up. In Nitro RC it is a weekend thing where dad comes and sets up the EZup tent, wrenches on the car, and Jr. does the driving, much like in the sports I have mentioned previously.

4. Maintenance Maintenance Maintenance. You will need to keep your car CLEAN and go over it once before every run. Loctite is your friend on parts that screw into metal parts. PROTIP: Simple Green spray your car, then take it over to the air compressor and blow off all the simple green soaked dirt. Your car will look new (very important if you are not going fast) and will be much easier to work on.

Anything I forgot? The rest has to do with the typical learning experience of getting out there and doing it.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:23 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

started electric, went nitro, drove a friends bl + lipo a few days ago, and now suddenly ive got a hyper 7 roller and a $500 list
u can come back from nitro, but i dont know about brushless
Old 08-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seyruuen
Nitro has a serious learning curve. Tuning engines, necessary tools, car setups, tips and tricks that the manual does not show. So an experienced electric guy like me should hit the ground running in the nitro world right? WRONG. After an 8 hour build up pf my brand new Jammin X1CRT-FTE, sparing no time to make certain that everything is perfect, nothing seemed right. Parts were falling off, fuel line got caught in the brakes, and five or six other non driving related things kept me from finishing any of the practice / qualifying sessions I had run. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Like I said before. nitro racing is pretty much a team sport. And once you get past the learning curve and you are able to get a good routine down, you'll be hitting on all cylinders in no time.

This year has been the best nitro season for me since I got into it 3 years ago. Why? First off, I bought a Team Losi 8ight, and so did about 10 other guys I know. Having 10 guys using the same car creates a wealth of knowledge that you can share and bounce off of other drivers. Most of our cars are pretty much set up the same as one anothers because we all tried something different and compiled our findings to create the best set up possible.

I haven't seen anyone fail with this car yet!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SkeeryJones
you little arrogant prick. why arent you a 1/8 scale champion if its so "easy"

btw what 2wd mod race have you won?

shouldnt u be flaming on the d4 thread??? j-concepts losing too many sales??? dont cry baby. go try win with your rb5 u baby haha

WoW take it easy bro it's just a hobby. Also Andy is always online and at the track helping other racers out.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

I just play everything with four wheels ......

you can name it : tamiya championship, 1/10 EP mod and stock, 1/10 GP, 1/8 on road and off road, 1/12 EP, even real cars.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seyruuen

1. You WILL NEED a pit man. Usually these are easy to come by, and help at the track is easy to find.. People in this sport are generally friendly.

2. You WILL NEED a temp gun, and someone who can tune a nitro engine effectively. I went out and bought an OS Speed V Spec, and it would be really easy for me to mess it up by running too lean or guessing the temp, or trying to use the "spit method."
[B]
This is why nitro is such a good team hobby, its important to get along do to, you need each other. If your a jerk you may have trouble getting your car fueled.?
In other words it promotes team work group effort and sportsman ship.
Just an observation from an electric racer. I'm looking forward to getting back out to some nitro racing.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SkeeryJones
andymoore is just a little wannabe who just spams for j-concepts and gets paid with free pats on the back and "good boy" by brad
Ive actually raced for 10 years, I WORK AT JConcepts, and I ran the 2003 Worlds in 2wd mod.

Thanks for the direct personal attack though.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Lord

You guys are freaking me out.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

CHEVY is Better than FORD! AMD is better than Pentium!! HA! I am sooo sorry I had to get that out. This thread went bezerk, trying to lighten it up some. seriously though... Pentium sucks.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
You guys are freaking me out.
Discussion is one thing, attacks are another. Besides I didnt even quote skeery.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
Discussion is one thing, attacks are another. Besides I didnt even quote skeery.
Well hopefully you guys get it posted out.
I saw the smileys and thought you guys might be horsing around.?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Well hopefully you guys get it posted out.
I saw the smileys and thought you guys might be horsing around.?
I dont think "arrogant prick" sounds very amiable. Subsequently attacking my posts and my job wasnt a good follow up either. Its all good though, I guess "ignorant**" is too offensive for forums.

**lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned

EDIT: I'll refrain from posting in the thread again, I guess I didnt realize that it was THIS much of a heated debate.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
I dont think "arrogant prick" sounds very amiable. Subsequently attacking my posts and my job wasnt a good follow up either. Its all good though, I guess "ignorant**" is too offensive for forums.

**lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned

EDIT: I'll refrain from posting in the thread again, I guess I didnt realize that it was THIS much of a heated debate.
Andy i do not see any reason to not post in the thread again....we all have our opinion, and if someone wants to make it personal, i wouldnt worry about it we all have eyes and can read how it went down....

Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.