Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luisv
What starter box are you fellas using? I'm currently using a Losi box and I'm having all sorts of starting issues today. Someone recommended the Ofna OFN10244 box to me... better choice? I notice that it has dual 775 motors instead of the dual 550 that the Losi has.

Any opinions?
I changed to the Ofna Truggy box from my Team Magic Turbo II box. The Ofna box works quite a bit better IMO. The Team Magic Turbo II still has the issue of too soft of a bump wheel, and the gear reduction on the TM box spins the motor too slow once my Gel Cell looses a little voltage. 2 stick packs in the Ofna box and its light and fast with ALOT of torque. Another box to try would be the Mugen starter box.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Interesting... I just put my Mach 427 into the 8ight T and that motor has approx 3 gallons thru it and the box can't turn it over. I tried loosening the plug and running the motors for a few seconds and then try to start it.... nothing. I just took out the engine and the wheel is not binding on the chassis. I'm also using a 12v cell. I'll give it another try...
Test the motors in the box separately .... it sounds like one may have a brush hung up........
Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'ver heard of people putting the OFNA motors inside the losi box

Jay let me use his OFNA box on my old TTR, it turned over my barley broken in Jammin .28 with ease and Picco's are really tight when new. It worked really well but drained the stick packs pretty quick. Of course the whole Jammin team was using it too.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks everyone... the connectors were loose and one of them was fitted between the tab and the plastic cover. I corrected these issues and used 2 freshly charged stick packs instead of my gel cell. The box turned over both the .21 GO Tech and Mach 427 with ease. I dropped in the gel cell and again no issues. So it looks like the loose connections caused my problems.

I'm going to replace the thin wires with a thicker gauge as well as solder everything. While I'm at it, I'll also replace the connectors with deans plugs.

Thanks again...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Thanks everyone... the connectors were loose and one of them was fitted between the tab and the plastic cover. I corrected these issues and used 2 freshly charged stick packs instead of my gel cell. The box turned over both the .21 GO Tech and Mach 427 with ease. I dropped in the gel cell and again no issues. So it looks like the loose connections caused my problems.

I'm going to replace the thin wires with a thicker gauge as well as solder everything. While I'm at it, I'll also replace the connectors with deans plugs.

Thanks again...
Have you raced the 8T with the Go 7 port yet?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi

Who use this Stick Chassis Weight ???

how weight and where on a chassis ?

Thank you
Old 01-04-2008, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by revo_race
Have you raced the 8T with the Go 7 port yet?
Not yet... I was trying to complete the breakin process yesterday when I ran into the issues at hand with the box. This weekend the temps in NY are supposed to be higher than they have been, so I hope to complete the breakin and hit the track for a few laps. Everything is dependent on the weather and if the snow / ice is off the track. If the track isn't clear, I'll at least finish the breakin in my yard.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Those weights work fine. Placement is a tuning option.

Put them in the rear if you want more rear bite.
Put them up front if you want more steering. (you will get steering and rotation if you do this )
Put them in the middle if you don't know.

Is your car balanced from left to right with a half tank of fuel? If not then use the weights to balance the car first.

Hope this helps,
TEX
Old 01-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I forgot all about the weights last season. DOH! I was gonna try them and see how the truck felt. Maybe this year.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gasser
If you are getting brake fade there is a good chance you may need a higher torque servo. Any truggy needs to have a very good servo to keep up with the braking needs for the truck. Derek has ran many 45 min. and hour long mains and has never experienced brake fade in the 8ight or 8ight T.
Don't forget about the receiver pack.... the batteries fade also after time if low qual
Old 01-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SUNA
I think there will be a LST2 conversion to truggy kit before there will be a 8ight inspired truggy.
that would be AWESOME!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Outside temps were a little warmer today, so I completed the break in process via Go Techs recommendations. So far all I can simply say is... wow! Now I know what others have raved about. I'm still gonna wait a few more tank fulls before I really get on it, but it has a ton of low end torque and great speed thru mid throttle.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

patience is the key
Old 01-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Steering

I've been racing my 8T for a few weeks steady now and I seem to be losing steering, but only to the right. It looks like I had an issue with the fuel line getting caught between the links and the mud guards but I've moved the fuel line. I'm still not getting the tight right turns I used to get. At a stand still, my tires seem to throw all the way in both directions but when racing, might right turn is real wide. I feel like I'm driving my first ofna buggy with the stock steering servos. That thing had a turning radius of about 35 feet.
Is this something the aluminum servo saver top might help correct?

Matthew
Old 01-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Crasher
I've been racing my 8T for a few weeks steady now and I seem to be losing steering, but only to the right. It looks like I had an issue with the fuel line getting caught between the links and the mud guards but I've moved the fuel line. I'm still not getting the tight right turns I used to get. At a stand still, my tires seem to throw all the way in both directions but when racing, might right turn is real wide. I feel like I'm driving my first ofna buggy with the stock steering servos. That thing had a turning radius of about 35 feet.
Is this something the aluminum servo saver top might help correct?

Matthew
The servo saver may need tightening or replacing the top with the aluminum piece! I had the same prob with my buggy last week but I have had it for over a year now so it didn't surprise me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.