Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_B
Sounds to me like you were already sold on the RC8T and bought the Losi anyway. If you thought the AE truck was so great, why not just go that direction in the first place?

Whenever somebody is buying a new rig, I always recommend that they buy what they want, not what they think might be better or what some stranger on the internet say is better. They almost always end up buying what they wanted in the end.
+1

I've said that so many times in the (whats the best) or (which should I buy threads) till it aint funny. The best and the one you should buy is the one you like. There is no magic answer to this question. Buy whatever you like for whatever stupid reason you like it. It will always turn on a dime, break the sound barrier standing still and jump like a gazelle.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
ps good choice on motor's.

Integra you know this engine. I have no idea about it I got it with Truggy. It had 12 tanks through it. It was basically free with the Truggy. It sounds nice it ran really nice the other day. I have been running RB's so that's where my so called expertise is. I know it's Picco based unlike the new Trinitys which are sirio based.

any info and advice is appreciated.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
Integra you know this engine. I have no idea about it I got it with Truggy. It had 12 tanks through it. It was basically free with the Truggy. It sounds nice it ran really nice the other day. I have been running RB's so that's where my so called expertise is. I know it's Picco based unlike the new Trinitys which are sirio based.

any info and advice is appreciated.
it's a picco. Should run awesome.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hey guys, I made up a new set of motor mounts for the 8ight. it is paterned after the losi quick change mount, but I have added 2 boss's on the bottom to drop into the slots in the chassis to make sure the motor is in straight. these also have the feature to flip the risers to move the motor forward to use a standard 3 shoe clutch.
if anyone is interested I have 5 ready in a tumbled finish (non-anodized) and I should have another 5 anodized by the end of the week.
price is $40 shipped with an extra set of risers.
email me at [email protected] if interested
Attached Thumbnails Losi Truggy-mount1.jpg   Losi Truggy-mount2.jpg   Losi Truggy-mount3.jpg  
Old 12-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_B
Sounds to me like you were already sold on the RC8T and bought the Losi anyway. If you thought the AE truck was so great, why not just go that direction in the first place?

Whenever somebody is buying a new rig, I always recommend that they buy what they want, not what they think might be better or what some stranger on the internet say is better. They almost always end up buying what they wanted in the end.
Cuz i bought the Losi bout a month or two before the RC8T was even available, and i had no idea about anything. I was a noob, had nothing nitro r/c offroad related. The RTR seemed smart at the time cuz it came with a decent radio and motor. Thats why!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
it's a picco. Should run awesome.

X2...they are stout motor's that will make Huge power for a long time....couple things to keep in mind...if you ever get a air leak of some sort seal up the carb body where the alum meets composite...they have been known to leak from there...and if your carb bolt feel's nice and smooth your good to go.....Make sure to run Picco plugs tho.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
X2...they are stout motor's that will make Huge power for a long time....couple things to keep in mind...if you ever get a air leak of some sort seal up the carb body where the alum meets composite...they have been known to leak from there...and if your carb bolt feel's nice and smooth your good to go.....Make sure to run Picco plugs tho.
Thats the second time someone has said only use Picco plugs. I'm not going to question it. I just want to know why so I may one day pass on the info as well.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wb-racer-ace
hey guys, I made up a new set of motor mounts for the 8ight. it is paterned after the losi quick change mount, but I have added 2 boss's on the bottom to drop into the slots in the chassis to make sure the motor is in straight. these also have the feature to flip the risers to move the motor forward to use a standard 3 shoe clutch.
if anyone is interested I have 5 ready in a tumbled finish (non-anodized) and I should have another 5 anodized by the end of the week.
price is $40 shipped with an extra set of risers.
email me at [email protected] if interested
Can you post some larger pics can't get a good look at it. Good idea on the boss's. Every engine mount should come standard with those.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Lord

Thats the second time someone has said only use Picco plugs. I'm not going to question it. I just want to know why so I may one day pass on the info as well.

the taper on the plug is obviously matched for starters so they seal no questions asked.....and out of all the Turbo plugs ive ran they seem to last the longest.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Can you post some larger pics can't get a good look at it. Good idea on the boss's. Every engine mount should come standard with those.
PM me your email and I'll send you some, cant figure out how to insert the pics
Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
its all in the setup, my 8t can turn under most buggies chances are the RC8T you dove was setup properly and your truck obviously is not if it has no steering.

truck is ride height sensitive, if you haven't checked your ride height after the springs take a set chances are the back of your truck is lower than the front. run 36mm front ride height with 38-40mm in the back.
where do you measure ride height at? and do you do it with tires on or on a setup station? I know differant tires slighty differant in size
Old 12-31-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fordtastic
where do you measure ride height at? and do you do it with tires on or on a setup station? I know differant tires slighty differant in size
behind the front kick on the chassy and right at the rear...you base ride height with wheels ON then you go to the station for further adjustments.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Make sure to measure the rear ride height ina bit from the rear. As the chassis wears in the back you will be getting a false number which will cause you to set the height actually lower and lower.

Vlad.... I run Alum spindles and plastic carriers for max steering throw. The Alum braces are not as big a diference on the truggy because the chassis is so much longer. My suggestion is to try them back to back and see if you can feel a difference. But like stated before If running on a super high bite smooth surface the braces would be a plus.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Do the aluminum Spindles give more throw? My plastic ones bottom out on the arms or carriers and my steering sucks also.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Hey gang -

Are many of you finding an advantage to runing 3 degrees of rear toe?

I currently have King Headz front and rear hinge ping braces with the rear one 2 toe and 3 anti squat which is what the race roller setup asks for. If I want to try the rear 3 toe / 3 AS setup, and I put the Losi adjustable brace with inserts http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16535 do I have to replace the inner hinge plate? Real question: does it have the cams or does it just hold the front of the pins?

Or, should I just get the KH 3/3 since I will probably never run anything other than 3/3 or 2/3 and I already own the 2/3?

Your input is appreciated, especially about the inner plate function. Thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.