Search
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By J.Whiting
  • 1 Post By Marinevet1812

Wheels Turning (low idle on bumpbox)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 05:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Wheels Turning (low idle on bumpbox)

Hello all,
Need some advice, I was running my buggy all day without an issue. Until, I smacked the buggy at a tree at half speed, I've checked the buggy over and only thing that is bent is the front shaft. All of the sudden wheels started to turn at low idle (buggy off the ground.) How would you trouble shoot the issue? I'm new to nitro cars.

Thanks,
Old 04-23-2020, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

check the clutch out.. broken spring. bad bearings i assume the idle is the same an not higher than before..
V.Robinson likes this.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
check the clutch out.. broken spring. bad bearings i assume the idle is the same an not higher than before..
Thank you for response, and no the idle is not higher. I will check all that you mentioned.
J.Whiting likes this.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marinevet1812
Thank you for response, and no the idle is not higher. I will check all that you mentioned.
I had a similar problem when I changed my clutch shoes and springs. I then used the same shoes as they were new and changed springs only, I used HB 1.0 springs. The problem was solved. Try putting new springs on from another brand with the same spring rate. See if that helps.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jesussaves
I had a similar problem when I changed my clutch shoes and springs. I then used the same shoes as they were new and changed springs only, I used HB 1.0 springs. The problem was solved. Try putting new springs on from another brand with the same spring rate. See if that helps.
Thank you for advice 👍