Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A tnx question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default A tnx question

I search forums like mad for tnx stuff and all I get is a blinding bunch of info (and some is sketchy at best) about the O.S.-built .18 engine. I am trying to understand how it (or any other) engine works exactly. Does anyone know a site which shows the different engine parts (names) and how they work / function together so I can learn more about how my truck moves around?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, this is my theory...
Inside the engine are, invisible to the naked eye, millions of microscopic hamsters in millions of microscopic running wheels all connected together. Now these are genetically engineered hamsters which feed on nitro fuel. So, when you press the throttle, they get to eat more, and run faster, so your truck goes faster!

But seriously... There are certainly a LOT of resources on the workings of 2-stroke RC engines. A good place to look with a lot of info would be www.rcnitro.com , or for a more general idea, look up 2-stroke engines on www.howstuffworks.com
Old 10-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

Almost anything you need to know about a TNX can be found here