Old 08-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Buy your own lipos and be done with it.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Markcuda
Buy your own lipos and be done with it.
Bingo! I would have a few spares as well.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Funny thing is the night before all of this i did order a spare lipo. For the time being i have a lipo from my mini e-revo hooked up to it.

I'm hoping someone can help me with adjusting the 2 speed transmission. i've tried resetting each screw to 5 turns out as stated in the manual, and then worked my way out to almost 6 turns but at that point the hex screws are almost protruding from the top of the shoes. i have the truck tuned great now, i just can't get it to shift. I don't know what I'm missing.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigtim1985
Funny thing is the night before all of this i did order a spare lipo. For the time being i have a lipo from my mini e-revo hooked up to it.

I'm hoping someone can help me with adjusting the 2 speed transmission. i've tried resetting each screw to 5 turns out as stated in the manual, and then worked my way out to almost 6 turns but at that point the hex screws are almost protruding from the top of the shoes. i have the truck tuned great now, i just can't get it to shift. I don't know what I'm missing.
Tim, I also replied on the other forum but I had the same issue on my first truck. I received this advice from Todd @ Losi. See if this helps.....

We have experienced some of the trucks not shifting. If yours is not shifting, remove the two speed assembly by taking off the spur gear. Then remove the 2 speed clutch. Now hold the clutch with both of your index fingers and pull the clutch apart. It should be relatively hard to pull apart but once it does, you should be able to install the clutch back into the truck and it will start shifting. I had the same problem. I think that the springs and screws inside the clutch are sticking and not letting it work properly. But once you relieve the springs by pulling the clutch apart it should shift with no problem.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Never Satisfied. I took everything apart last night. If i remember correctly I'm at 5 1/2 turns. I went out today and ran another 4 tanks. It's like the truck is a completely different animal. I think between finally getting it tuned somewhat decently and now with it shifting it is a beast. I have to say i'm really starting to like this truck. I hope my good luck continues.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im the only one who breaks the glow plug? I break one every two tanks. I call Horizonhobby and he send me a new head button and a couple of plug.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

what's breaking? the porcelain breaks off of the metal?
Old 08-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Sometime the porcelain break in the lower and the rest of time is the metal
Old 08-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Initiate

They broke like this youtube.com/watch?v=5l9f3zIBgrs&list=UUAEuEPY2k7J83PoaKWaHaWQ&index=3 sorry for the link I don't have the permission
Old 08-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doyon12
They broke like this youtube.com/watch?v=5l9f3zIBgrs&list=UUAEuEPY2k7J83PoaKWaHaWQ&index=3 sorry for the link I don't have the permission
Here ya go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l9f3zIBgrs
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Doyon12, I received my first truck back in June and have yet to complete the break-in process. Counting all three attempts to date I've run 8 tanks though the combination of both trucks and have not had any issues with the spark plugs. I do have a couple extras, plus another head button just in case though.

As of today, I now have two tanks through my new truck successfully and no issues to report. I can't believe how nerve wracking the break-in is on this truck. I can only assume its from all of the issues I've had so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

never satisfied, i felt the same way all the way thru my 2nd engine break-in. i was so paranoid about it being too lean, or if i was temping it in the right spot. now finally after about 14 tanks i feel comfortable beating on it a little. still haven't taken it off any of my ramps yet though.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

I know they are completely different engines, but does anyone think a pull start or roto/pullstart from a nitro xxl motor would work on this? it'd be really nice to not have to lug around the roto start or my drill when i take the truck out.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

never satisfied, i felt the same way all the way thru my 2nd engine break-in. i was so paranoid about it being too lean, or if i was temping it in the right spot. now finally after about 14 tanks i feel comfortable beating on it a little. still haven't taken it off any of my ramps yet though.
Well good, at least it's not just me

I know they are completely different engines, but does anyone think a pull start or roto/pullstart from a nitro xxl motor would work on this? it'd be really nice to not have to lug around the roto start or my drill when i take the truck out.
Good question Tim.....and I've thought about that too. I may have to do a little research.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Update on my Losi xxl2

Second engine will not idle, stay running or tune to make any power. Changed head button and plug to same results. Took it to my local shop just to make sure and 3 hours later same problems. Horizon sent me a label and I asked for a new truck but they do have engines, so what ever is faster. Summer is going by fast and so is my patience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.