Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
what's more durable the e-revo or the savage flux? >

what's more durable the e-revo or the savage flux?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what's more durable the e-revo or the savage flux?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ryan86
Upgraded revo would be on par with a stock savage savage for sturdiness.

Revos "superior" handling dont really make a difference for bashing, racing yeah, bashing no....

Might have trouble coming around a corner to hit a real narrow jump, but lining up for a staight jump??? Not any more difficult than a revo...

I dont know why everyone has problems working on the savage, Just as easy as any other truck.
Undo four screws to take the diff cover off, and diff comes out easily.... Whats so retarded about that???
No, with rpm its sturdier, my friend was constantly changing a arms while i kept on jumping, and if you have to hit a jump on gravel even a straight line can be tricky with these speeds, so again i was jumping, he was turning.
Though i have to admit that one winter day after more than a year of really bad landings the chassis gave up and i gave up on the revo, but it really was fun...
Old 11-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

i have to add that when the flux hits the jump flips are easier to achieve, at least for us.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

i HAVE owned both of these trucks and many more, but with 6MM flux plates and decent aftermarket turnbuckles and the better diffs, the flux is next to unkillable.

i am a heavy RC using, when i owned my flux, i think i did 6 months strait of bashing without cleaning etc on 6s lipo it was used nearly every day wether by me or my boy(he cant drive but has a heavy finger so alot of trees etc) think he spent more time on his lid...

as for the revo, i owned the 3.3 and the vxl. by far the vxl is better then the nitro version, i wish i never bought the 3.3, but for strength both the 3.3 and vxl sucked. they may handle well but when parts break all the time whats the point... i did upgrade to rpm arms all around, delrin rockers etc. then i started breaking bulkheads, so i bought TRX alloy ones. then i broke other things. i just couldnt win as for time i think we broke it nearly everyday even after upgraded parts. so we rebuilt it and sold.

in parts for the e-revo we paid just as much as a new one in the end...
if i were to go back to buying i would be being a savage(either x 4.6 or flux)
i think even my boy (at age 10) wouldnt take a revo for free
but in the end up to you. regardless of what all say youll make up your own mind.

i can only suggest saving $$$ and getting the flux.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Initiate

revo just as reliable as an savage just with rpm arms = yeah right..

i even find the stock arms on the savage more durable than the rpm arms,, and the arms on savage is alot larger including the hingpins.

i bought the rpms arms as i read all of the good comments on them, but broken two off them the same day.. the upper arms dident even fit that well.. but on my crappy revo 1\16 that i still own it was a great upgrade because it sucked so hard to start with.

the revo 1\10 (ore more correct 1\8 with 1\10 drivetrain) is kind of durable if you use 4s and drive on flat surfaces, i had all kind off problems with that car..

also the car just can jump for an shit, just a litte air and i bottoms out and hitting the ground as an rock.. that must be hard on the lipos, bet it flexes a bit to.. maybe traxxas planned the lipos to work as an chassie support
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by 808gx7r
i HAVE owned both of these trucks and many more, but with 6MM flux plates and decent aftermarket turnbuckles and the better diffs, the flux is next to unkillable.

i am a heavy RC using, when i owned my flux, i think i did 6 months strait of bashing without cleaning etc on 6s lipo it was used nearly every day wether by me or my boy(he cant drive but has a heavy finger so alot of trees etc) think he spent more time on his lid...

as for the revo, i owned the 3.3 and the vxl. by far the vxl is better then the nitro version, i wish i never bought the 3.3, but for strength both the 3.3 and vxl sucked. they may handle well but when parts break all the time whats the point... i did upgrade to rpm arms all around, delrin rockers etc. then i started breaking bulkheads, so i bought TRX alloy ones. then i broke other things. i just couldnt win as for time i think we broke it nearly everyday even after upgraded parts. so we rebuilt it and sold.

but in the end up to you. regardless of what all say youll make up your own mind.

TCS Plates + aftermarket turnbuckles + hardened diffs if you don't already have them = more than Revo with RPM arms and upgraded pushrods.

Not exactly saving money. Still comes out pretty close even if the Flux has the diffs already installed from factory.

Originally Posted by fredd
revo just as reliable as an savage just with rpm arms = yeah right..

i even find the stock arms on the savage more durable than the rpm arms,, and the arms on savage is alot larger including the hingpins.

i bought the rpms arms as i read all of the good comments on them, but broken two off them the same day.. the upper arms dident even fit that well.. but on my crappy revo 1\16 that i still own it was a great upgrade because it sucked so hard to start with.

the revo 1\10 (ore more correct 1\8 with 1\10 drivetrain) is kind of durable if you use 4s and drive on flat surfaces, i had all kind off problems with that car..

also the car just can jump for an shit, just a litte air and i bottoms out and hitting the ground as an rock.. that must be hard on the lipos, bet it flexes a bit to.. maybe traxxas planned the lipos to work as an chassie support
Wow, ignorant comments about a Revo can be found here. I jump my Revo 30-40ft in the air, land every which way, and NEVER have I broken anything. The only problem I had was stock pushrods popping out, that's it. So instead of lying to boost the car you own and pulling comments out of your rear, try driving one first.

I do agree with the RPM comments about the Savage though. At least there was one golden turd nugget in that rambling.

I used to be like you guys, uninformed Revo bashers. Then I actually got an ERBE in a trade that I couldn't pass up, and my opinions changed greatly. After the upgrades I bought, I'd put my Revo next to ANY savage in a durability contest.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

me ignorant? im just telling the truth, like som other stating dirt is entering the diff house ore its difficault to remove its not true and ignorant. i drive this thing in the winter\ in the mud and in sticky sand i have never seen dirt in the diff area.

i have no love relationship to my savage, just think its fun to discuess the topic and share my experience, i also have a feeling the savage haters never have owned a flux.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

me ignorant? im just telling the truth, like som other stating dirt is entering the diff house ore its difficault to remove its not true and ignorant. i drive this thing in the winter\ in the mud and in sticky sand i have never seen dirt in the diff area.

i have no love relationship to my savage, just think its fun to discuess the topic and share my experience, i also have a feeling the savage haters never have owned a flux.
And I think it's funny that I do the same thing and have absolutely no issues with my Revo. Also, instead of being a newcomer with a lack of any knowledge about who owns what or has owned what, you really shouldn't be trying to make assumptions on who is 'hating.'

Do a bit of research before you look like a fool trying to call somebody out.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Initiate

same to you, im not a newcomer.. Glad your happy with your revo

im happy with my savage, vorza, baja and mini trophy and partially slash 2wd not so happy with my previous revo brushless and my current revo mini

the only issue i have had with the savage is broken bevel gear but got the bullet proof, i havent seen traxxas adressed all the weak points in the revo(that is alot more extensive) as hpi have done.

i dont get your point, your jumping your revo 30-40ft so what?
also why do you belive your revo is more durable than the savage, is it because you can jump 40 ft with it? if so its really impressive i have to say
Old 11-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 808gx7r

i totallt agree, traxxas breaks alot and your ending up with purchasing expensive hop ups.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

same to you, im not a newcomer.. Glad your happy with your revo

im happy with my savage, vorza, baja and mini trophy and partially slash 2wd not so happy with my previous revo brushless and my current revo mini

the only issue i have had with the savage is broken bevel gear but got the bullet proof, i havent seen traxxas adressed all the weak points in the revo(that is alot more extensive) as hpi have done.

i dont get your point, your jumping your revo 30-40ft so what?
also why do you belive your revo is more durable than the savage, is it because you can jump 40 ft with it? if so its really impressive i have to say
Speaking of things that break constantly, the Baja was the biggest POS in stock form that I've ever owned. I owned two at once, and both had the same consistent problems. The guys who I raced them with ALSO had the same issues as I did, eventually killing the class as we didn't want to drop 2grand into it just to be reliable with all the overpriced crap Turtle Racing puts out.

And yes, I've done the whole skatepark see how much air what you can break gig. I've also jumped the huge barn in our yard that has a natural ramp as a roof. It's fun to do these things so why not? Each time the revo drives away, assuming it lands on it's wheels!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

it all depends on how you drive it, the baja is a big heavy vecihle so if i you land wrong sure you can break a front arm ore two. its not ment for trashing like the smaller ones.. but if you have tryed an fg mt then the baja isent so bad after all, almost indestructible compare to it
I have driven the baja for 1,5 years with not changing one part on it, i know some peapole have problem with the shock ends but i have just broken on off them after 20l run time
Pretty stock ss, except tr front plate, hpi alu gear clock holder, mesh mod, ds axels and a custom build motor.

some of the baja owner is even worse than the revo owners, have so many hop ups that there isent a stock part left on it..

but i still think the savage is an superior truck compare to the revo

i hate my little one, i have put more in it than the intially purchase price. even hate it more than its bigger brother. dirt is constantly entring the diff, motor overheating on 2s, arms breaks, scrws rust.. typically traxxas quality

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 11-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

it all depends on how you drive it, the baja is a big heavy vecihle so if i you land wrong sure you can break a front arm ore two. its not ment for trashing like the smaller ones.. but if you have tryed an fg mt then the baja isent so bad after all, almost indestructible compare to it
I have driven the baja for 1,5 years with not changing one part on it, i know some peapole have problem with the shock ends but i have just broken on off them after 20l run time
Pretty stock ss, except tr front plate, hpi alu gear clock holder, mesh mod, ds axels and a custom build motor.

some of the baja owner is even worse than the revo owners, have so many hop ups that there isent a stock part left on it..

but i still think the savage is an superior truck compare to the revo

i hate my little one, i have put more in it than the intially purchase price. even hate it more than its bigger brother. dirt is constantly entring the diff, motor overheating on 2s, arms breaks, scrws rust.. typically traxxas quality

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Man, you are lucky.

I constantly had pinion bolts breaking myself and twisted drive shafts. There is a picture somewhere of us after a race with our driveshafts removed, EVERY ONE OF US had one twisted. The plastics were never the problem, never have been with HPI products.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Man, you are lucky.

I constantly had pinion bolts breaking myself and twisted drive shafts. There is a picture somewhere of us after a race with our driveshafts removed, EVERY ONE OF US had one twisted. The plastics were never the problem, never have been with HPI products.
yeah i have heard of that, i have never had nether off those. the stock ss have beefier axles and a extra bearing in the tranny (the same as the v2 and 5t), it may have made an difference regarding those two problems
Old 11-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

yeah i have heard of that, i have never had nether off those. the stock ss have beefier axles and a extra bearing in the tranny (the same as the v2 and 5t), it may have made an difference regarding those two problems
We were all driving SS's lol.

The only real way to fix it? Buy a 200$ overpriced POS Turtle clutch system.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

nice cars,, i have no idea.. i just havent had the problem, use an extra spur and tighten it real good maybe solves it. i have also seen some extra hard screws at the hpi baja forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.