Wiki Posts
Search

E-MAXX or E-REVO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer

BTW, how's that search for a Gorilla chassis coming along Casey?
I've found one but he wants 400$ and has no references so it's a no go.

To the OP (as some can actually read here), You now have both angles, so go ahead and decide how you like. Both of us have a LOT of experience with both vehicles, just opposite results lol.

You'll most likely enjoy both of them equally.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
I've found one but he wants 400$ and has no references so it's a no go.

To the OP (as some can actually read here), You now have both angles, so go ahead and decide how you like. Both of us have a LOT of experience with both vehicles, just opposite results lol.

You'll most likely enjoy both of them equally.
Good response here. As the popular saying goes, to each their own but I am very interested as to what you choose and what experiences you have. I've had nothing but terrible luck with the Emaxx and still think they are much more difficult to work on but obviously not everyone agrees.

The guy with the Gorilla, is it an aluminum roller from a guy named Jake Ashley?
Anyway, good luck with your search.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm with the e-revo. I like converted revo 3.3s better then the ERBE, but I still think the erbe is a fairly good platform. I think the mini revo suits this style of chassis better, but it definitely works.

Converted 3.3s I think are a little cheaper too. I was thinking about getting a roller myself, but I don't have enough to spend on one. My mini revo still has a bit to be desired and my buggy is not finished yet so I'll probably complete those before I get one.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
Good response here. As the popular saying goes, to each their own but I am very interested as to what you choose and what experiences you have. I've had nothing but terrible luck with the Emaxx and still think they are much more difficult to work on but obviously not everyone agrees.

The guy with the Gorilla, is it an aluminum roller from a guy named Jake Ashley?
Anyway, good luck with your search.
No this was a nip carbon chassis. Who is this guy you speak of... send em my way lol
Old 08-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't have much, if any, experience with the Revo line, except that we never had much luck with the 2.5 motors (but that is neither here nor there in this thread).

I have had experience with an EMaxx though. It was a stout little guy, thats for sure. My parents at the time had bought it for my little brother since I bought a Savage and he wanted something to bash with me. I was the main guy who kept a lookout for parts and maintenance with him so I should know a little bit.

Based on what happened to us, I would do it all over again. That little EMaxx was a pleasure to work with, much easier than my Savage. I remember he did shatter the front bulkhead once and the only thing holding the front clip to the rest of the truck was the body! But no biggie, a $8 part got it back to bashing again in 15 minutes. That is the only real damage to the structure of the truck that we have had happen. Oh yeah, and we had to replace the rear body posts with RPM, but its all good now. It has been going strong for 4 years now. It is very stout if you aren't trying to clear your house, which would break even a Savage eventually! I know.. because I have tried..

I think that the OP would be happier with the EMaxx. Especially for being brushed, it will be much cheaper for him to buy rather than the ERevo line. If he breaks a part, so what? That means he can buy the upgrade piece and not have to worry about that part again. Eventually, he will have a modded EMaxx that is more burly and less resistant to breaking.

Oh, and whoever is putting over $1000 into parts alone probably should invest in a mentor to teach him to drive better. $1000 will buy you A LOT of parts in the Maxx line.