R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   E-MAXX or E-REVO? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/425746-e-maxx-e-revo.html)

etasmith3 08-14-2010 05:54 PM

E-MAXX or E-REVO?

Looking at either the E-MAXX or E-REVO. Is the E-REVO worth the extra 100? Just going to use it for bashing around. The 3rd one I am kicking around is the Slash 4x4. Just looking for opinions. Thanks

CaseyDDR 08-14-2010 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by etasmith3 (Post 7806019)
Looking at either the E-MAXX or E-REVO. Is the E-REVO worth the extra 100? Just going to use it for bashing around. The 3rd one I am kicking around is the Slash 4x4. Just looking for opinions. Thanks

Personally, if I was spending MY money on it, I'd go with the EMaxx. I received my ERBE in a trade, so that's why I own it, not because I had a choice.

Are you looking for a brushless edition Maxx/Revo or brushed?

taco94 08-14-2010 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by etasmith3 (Post 7806019)

Well, they're both good for bashing, but the E-Revo is good for racing, too. I vote E-Revo.

CaseyDDR 08-14-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by taco94 (Post 7806044)
Well, they're both good for bashing, but the E-Revo is good for racing, too. I vote E-Revo.

The big question is, is the OP looking to do any upgrades? There isn't much to do with the Revo when it comes to upgrades unfortunately, I know this for a fact, lol I'm bored in that department.

With the Emaxx there are endless possibilities.

Gho5tRevo 08-14-2010 06:05 PM

isn't the E-revo the newest design? and later on if you got into actual racing, i think the Erbe would be better suited for it. just my 2 cent...

taco94 08-14-2010 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR (Post 7806049)
The big question is, is the OP looking to do any upgrades?

OP? What are you talking about, OP?

etasmith3 08-14-2010 06:09 PM

I had a first gen E-MAXX when they first came out years ago and loved it. Ended up getting rid of for some reason. I do upgrade somewhat but mostly looking for box stock .

etasmith3 08-14-2010 06:15 PM

No plans for racing, just running around. We do get alot of snow during winter and there is alot of rocks around the property so I would like some good ground clearance.

CaseyDDR 08-14-2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by etasmith3 (Post 7806067)
I had a first gen E-MAXX when they first came out years ago and loved it. Ended up getting rid of for some reason. I do upgrade somewhat but mostly looking for box stock .

Well take it from someone whos owned multiple of both instead of suggestions ;)

Again, I'd much rather have an EMAXX than a REVO if I had the option. Yes, the Revo is able to be setup for racing, but it is also a much more difficult platform to work on in comparison.

My assumption based off OP (original poster) is that he is wanting to mainly bash, and maybe with a bit of racing (with that attitude either is going to work just the same). The EMAXX is going to be able to handle much more abuse than the ERBE stock based off the stock setup. The ERBE will just pop pushrods CONSTANTLY if he does any moderate bashing, which is VERY annoying.

I've had numerous EMAXX vehicles, and a 3.3 Revo and my current ERBE.

symmetricon 08-14-2010 06:19 PM

I can not believe anyone would recommend an E Maxx over the E Revo. The revo is much better at everything. E Maxx's don't hold value either. Yesterday I was at the track and a guy was driving his mini erevo so I asked him if he had more rides and he told me about his e maxxes and how he doesn't drive them because the break so often ie bulkheads and a arms virtually every time he drives them.

CaseyDDR 08-14-2010 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by symmetricon (Post 7806101)
I can not believe anyone would recommend an E Maxx over the E Revo. The revo is much better at everything. E Maxx's don't hold value either. Yesterday I was at the track and a guy was driving his mini erevo so I asked him if he had more rides and he told me about his e maxxes and how he doesn't drive them because the break so often ie bulkheads and a arms virtually every time he drives them.

Well I'm glad your ignorance is backed by the fact you talked to some guy driving a MINI REVO which are complete POS's anyways.

Typical person who types based off what he's read, not what he's owned.

The bulkheads are the equivalent to the Revo's HORRIBLE stock Pushrod durability. Stock Revo arms will snap a lot easier than the Emaxx ones also. A simple cartwheel will throw your Revo into shambles.

Tell me I'm wrong and I don't know anything about either car, I beg you. Check my posts back as far as you can find, I will and have always recommended a Emaxx over an ERevo, especially when it comes to BASHING like the OP wants to do.

Neither the MERV or Emaxx (Non BL) hold value.

symmetricon 08-14-2010 06:48 PM

I'm not posting to argue or call names. Just because I didn't post about all my experiencs does not mean I have no experience with either of the two. Fact is the E maxx is old and outdated. As far as ignorance is concerned, knowledge is gainded through experience and reading, but you already know this if you have achieved a higher level of edjucation. I was simply giving a anecdotal story of a recent experience. I hope the best for whichever RC is bought and I hope therebwill be no buyers remorse for buying an rc that is not what it is expected to be. I'm sure you will get more feadback to support the e revo over e maxx, if not, oh well.

CaseyDDR 08-14-2010 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by symmetricon (Post 7806198)
I'm not posting to argue or call names. Just because I didn't post about all my experiencs does not mean I have no experience with either of the two. Fact is the E maxx is old and outdated. As far as ignorance is concerned, knowledge is gainded through experience and reading, but you already know this if you have achieved a higher level of edjucation. I was simply giving a anecdotal story of a recent experience. I hope the best for whichever RC is bought and I hope therebwill be no buyers remorse for buying an rc that is not what it is expected to be. I'm sure you will get more feadback to support the e revo over e maxx, if not, oh well.

Don't try to act high and mighty when simple spelling seems to surpass you. Even the newest vehicles are based off what the Maxx started, there is no denying that. Also, NOTHING is copying the Revo for a reason. It's design is not user friendly by ANY means, and creates complications for even the most basic setup. It is NOT a beginner friendly vehicle, and even Traxxas admits this in it's own ratings of the vehicle.

The Emaxx, when looked at in it's first generation, is definitely out dated. They have done a LOT to improve it though overtime, constantly releasing new versions every year or two. For the extra 100$ you aren't gaining ANYTHING from a Revo bashing wise. You are actually LOSING durability to gain tunability. The Revo can NOT handle jumps stock w/o popping pushrods in the rear. The Revo setup is NOT easily worked on like an Emaxx. NOTHING on it is straight forward pull and replace. Even the A-Arms are annoying to replace. Ask me how I know, I'll send you a link to the thread.

All4BSpinnin 08-14-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR (Post 7806139)
Well I'm glad your ignorance is backed by the fact you talked to some guy driving a MINI REVO which are complete POS's anyways.

Typical person who types based off what he's read, not what he's owned.

The bulkheads are the equivalent to the Revo's HORRIBLE stock Pushrod durability. Stock Revo arms will snap a lot easier than the Emaxx ones also. A simple cartwheel will throw your Revo into shambles.

Tell me I'm wrong and I don't know anything about either car, I beg you. Check my posts back as far as you can find, I will and have always recommended a Emaxx over an ERevo, especially when it comes to BASHING like the OP wants to do.

Neither the MERV or Emaxx (Non BL) hold value.

I agree 100%, when we bashed my buddies box stock e-revo, at first it was fun and a decent basher then as the night progressed and we started back flipping my explorer and took some bad landings it started to just CRUMBLE.. end of the night the list of broken parts was:

1 pushrod
1 arm
1 wing mount
1 tire torn
2 cracked rims (not horrible, but still cracked)

when i had my t-maxx (same as an emaxx but nitro) it was a fairly good truck when upgradded with rpm arms and aluminum bulkheads, i would def go with the e-maxx over the e-revo, to put rpm arms all around on the emaxx is like $40-$50, and it will be a pretty stout basher for a new guy. And lets not forget that the erbe is ugly as sin.

etasmith3 08-14-2010 07:02 PM

Thanks for all your advice. I am leaning more toward the E-MAXX. Are the batteries that come with the new kits good? What kind of run time should I expect? I will be getting a second set when I order. Staying away from Li-Po for now.