Search
Like Tree104Likes

clodbuster thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 10:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Nice thread!!

I just got into clods, what got me into them was seeing the modded clods. I thought damn, I just have to have one. Well the more I've looked at them the more I like them in they're stock form. I havent driven one yet but I'll have a stock vintage clod on Wednesday. This is the one I bought:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...lodbuster.html

What chassis do you guys prefer?

Any of you guys have a stock and modded clod?
Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Midget
Nice thread!!

I just got into clods, what got me into them was seeing the modded clods. I thought damn, I just have to have one. Well the more I've looked at them the more I like them in they're stock form. I havent driven one yet but I'll have a stock vintage clod on Wednesday. This is the one I bought:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...lodbuster.html

What chassis do you guys prefer?

Any of you guys have a stock and modded clod?
I have a stock Super Clod Buster and a Clodzilla II and I love them both.

The stock clod is slow, handles like crap, bounces like crazy but is fun as hell to drive. Will do wheelie all day long and good luck trying to break it, its one tough SOB!!!!

My Clodzilla II is completely un-controllable at the moment, and I'm working on getting that straightened out but its easily twice as fast and just as fun as my Super Clod Buster.

I have a Juggernaut 2 which I really like, but I'll drive my Clods any day compared to the Juggernaut 2.

-Disjaukifa
Old 09-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have had clods both stock and mod. I like them both. I currently only have one in stock form for now.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default you ain't owned nuthin yet

You ain't owned nuthin yet if ya ain't own a Clod befoe. Nice green Clod....that was how long ago...that the review was made?
Old 09-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

All the current Monster Trucks today owe something to Tamiya. The Clod Buster is my favorite Monster Truck and I have owned several.

I currently have 1.5 Stock (Ones completely torn down), 1 Clodzilla II which I need to get working and I have a custom made Clod Buster coming this week in the mail that is longer than any other clod I've seen and its setup to run on 14.4V .

I've driven HPI Savage, and Traxxas E-Maxx and Traxxas Stampede and none of them can hold to the shear strength of the Clods.

Except for the anti-rotation bracket on the axles, nothing EVER breaks on mine and I abuse the )(@#*@)(*# out of it.

I've owed my Juggernaut 2 for a month now and I have destroyed a proppler shaft and something else already. I love the truck still, but its not nearly as tough as the Clod Buster.

The axles in the Clod busters are just about bullet proof, I bought two spare sets of gears and everything for my clods . . . that was over a year ago . . . never had to touch them.

-Disjaukifa
Old 09-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Initiate

has anyone ever built a brushless clod yet? will they hold the power??
Old 09-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by benj
has anyone ever built a brushless clod yet? will they hold the power??
Yes I have seen a couple of videos, and both the guys I used to talk to put brushless in the stock nylon gears.

Their FAST but surprisingly the truck just takes it. Its a brillant piece of engineering that I doubt Tamiya will ever be able to replicate.

If I can find the links I'll post them.

-Disjaukifa
Old 09-20-2010, 08:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Would it be wrong to strip down an original clod body and repaint it, peeling off the old stickers everything?

Also what are some good ways to upgrade the 4 wheel steering. I want to keep my clod stock looking.

Is it kinda normal for the rear wheels to do most of the steering?

This is my first Clod and I'm absolutly hooked! I just won a second one for my son off the ol sleaze bay
Old 09-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Clod bodies are cheap unless you have a clod with the first grill where there is the Chevy Bowtie and on the rear of the body with the name Chevrolet embossed on the abs plastic shell. You may want to consult with a modeler in regards to stripping the paint and redoing the body. I have personally used ELO (aka Easy Lift Off) and it has worked quite well. Some may tell you to use brake fluid or some other form but ELO is the ticket to Japan.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I had a stock clod years ago and sold it when I was young and dumb. I'm getting back into them (race clods) and love how they drive. Here is my first one. It's an RCGuy Gecko chassis that I've modded to allow more adjustments to the chassis. It also includes CPE wheel spacers and runs with a Mamba Max ESC and dual 11 turn motors. Second clod is still being built.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

How does it handle with the RC Guy Chassis. What did you need to change to make it into a racer. I have a Geko chassis and was thinking about changing it to a racer.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugen69
How does it handle with the RC Guy Chassis. What did you need to change to make it into a racer. I have a Geko chassis and was thinking about changing it to a racer.
I made some side plates that extend at the top. They have a bunch of holes to allow for different mounting locations for the upper links to the chassis. Now I can keep the upper and lower links more parallel. I like how it drives but the only other experience I have is my stock clod from about 15 years ago. I would like to add swaybars somehow. That's a future project.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

I made another frame. It looks like a clodzilla ..I have a gravedigger body on it ..I will soon get a better escape.. I'm thinking a evx
Old 09-26-2010, 06:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by N2Deep
Clod bodies are cheap unless you have a clod with the first grill where there is the Chevy Bowtie and on the rear of the body with the name Chevrolet embossed on the abs plastic shell. You may want to consult with a modeler in regards to stripping the paint and redoing the body. I have personally used ELO (aka Easy Lift Off) and it has worked quite well. Some may tell you to use brake fluid or some other form but ELO is the ticket to Japan.
Well I already peeled the stickers off of it getting ready to repaint it. I just took another look at it and its the original chevy logo on the grill with the Chevrolet embossed in the tail gate.

What should I do now just leave alone or........ I havent started to strip it yet, its only missing the original stickers
Old 09-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice looking stuff!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.