Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW TRACK COMING TO SIOUX FALLS AREA

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if your going to electric i have a LRP PALSAR 3 charger ill sell you cheep it charges everything look like new 80 bucks new they are 170.give me a call 1-605-366-7288
Old 06-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Rookie

definitely interested...ill let you know if i have luck selling the nitro!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottZ
if your going to electric i have a LRP PALSAR 3 charger ill sell you cheep it charges everything look like new 80 bucks new they are 170.give me a call 1-605-366-7288
I will give you $50 for it
Old 06-10-2011, 05:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vigorcs90
I dont know if the track will be dried out for tomorrow. It is supposed to rain through tomorrow morning and very cool. We still have the timing system and PA system to install.
Vigor, who are you if I may ask? Just wondering...

In all honestly... We need the rain we can get! New tracks need to be watered ALOT to break down the dirt.

I may go out there tomorrow. Forsure on Sunday. Sounds like alot of people are going.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Vigor is the man Gil Haugan. I think he is refering to the rain we recieved thursday would not be dry enough on Saturday to run maybe. So we will have to pray for no rain for Sunday. Track looks really good and ben is right too it will only get better with more water. Look forward to see everyone on Sunday for some open and controlled practice. There will be no charge for practice. I will get some more pics taken tomorrow and get them posted. still have few things to get finished but will have to wait till some parts come in. Thanks Jason
Old 06-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

are we going to need personal transponders? and what time is it going to start or what were u guys thinking
Old 06-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

were just going to have a practice day for tomorrow. Will do some controlled practice also so give guys chance to run with each other. Will probably do some testing with the timing system also will not need transponder but if you bring it or have one in your car then we may test yours. practice will start around noon give us chance to get some water on the tracks and get oval packed in. Thanks Jason
Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Angry

No practice today because of the rain. We will just tear up the track and leave ruts.

Gil Haugan
Old 06-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default It looks FUN!

Here is the pic I took today when we stopped out to see if the racing would happen.
Attached Thumbnails NEW TRACK COMING TO SIOUX FALLS AREA-aspen-park-track.jpg  
Old 06-12-2011, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

All I gotta say... is... thank you SUN for coming out! Track was in perfect shape! We seen about 25 people out there today! Great Test and tune day!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

We all need to thank Gil Haugan Jr. for putting in all the money for the track and everything that goes along with it. Also I'd like to thank Jason Stough, and Evan Mallett for coming out and putting in a lot of time and effort into helping me and my dad get this track done and ready to race on. Thanks guys!

Gil Haugan III
Old 06-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ditto, thanks for everything you have done out there. it really is amazing.

Now, don't hate on me but here is my initial feeling about the track. keep in mind this is my first dirt track experience. I came out with a 1/10 scale slash 4x4 which I typically run around the farm and in my neighborhood. I thought I would have a great time on a real track.

I did not.

The track just seemed too big for the truck. The jumps were huge and seemed like I couldn't get over the tops of some and slammed right into the face of the others. The truck just got thrown around.

Now keep in mind my lack of experience and setup. The truck is box stock, no special tires or setup as I wanted to see what it would be like for someone to go down to the store, and come out and play. For me...it wasn't fun.

Now, I am sure with some better tires and a lot of practice the truck would do awesome. But my initital impression is that the track is built for 1/8 scale buggies as there were a few out there and getting around really well. Which is too bad as there are a lot of kids wanting to race that don't have the deep pockets required for an 8th scale car and 10th scale is a lot easir to get into.

So I bow to those with more track time and experience, what will it take to get a slash, or other 10th scale car to hook up and get around the track?

Also, when do you anticipate the oval to open up. I'm kinda excited to see some sprints getting around that track!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a 2wd gas truck as well as 1/8th scale and I think I can jump everything except for a few doubles. So I think it will just rely on setup with the gas truck. I have driven on some bigger tracks that appeared to be set up for 1/8th scale cars but I jumped everything except for a few jumps that were tough even for the buggys and truggys. Finding a good setup for 10th scale gas trucks is key. Tires that are made for our track conditions and a decent setup should help you to get around our track better and hopefully have a lot more fun. I am going out tomorrow to smooth out and make some of the jumps easier to do.

We will most likely have the oval track ready to go this week some time. So we hope to see you out there again.

Gil Haugan III
Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for your feed back. just keep in mind that no matter what kind of car you buy they are not going to be setup to race on any track. I have failed to see any rtr that have the right tire to run in the dirt to get optimal forwrd and corner bite. you are correct that some jumps will not be clearing with all 10th scale core trucks but the trick is to be the fastest at getting around the track with out making mistakes. If you ask any of the worlds best drivers they will tell you if you can not make it on the first attempt than they would not try it again. From what i seen of the core trucks running yesterday, not having the right tire and needing to get there trucks balanced so when they jump there not nose heavy would help 100%. Off-road is not a easy style of racing as on-road or oval. Off-road takes as much driving with the throttle as with steering. There has been plenty of tracks that kick your but but the more lapse you make and figure out what lines to drive the easier it gets. All and all it is supposed to be for fun and challanging. Look forward to seeing everyone nxtweek end for some racing. races will start at noon weather pirmitting. I am working on a schedule for the rest of the summer. Thanks again for everyone who came out. lastly Thanks again to GIl Haugan for all the time and Money he has put into this for eveyone to have a place to come race.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Whats so "easy" about on-road or oval? If I may ask?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.