Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd. >

Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree39Likes

Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-30-2018, 05:00 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Judge Judy
Latest Race Results

Opening day- April 7th and we race(weather permitting)every Sat until the end of October

Registration 10:30- 11:30, racing starts at 12 noon.
You can get here as early as you want to set up, but no one is permitted on
the track until registration starts at 10:30.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Jay Miller! You still racing? You should come to Fun day Oct. 27th! He's got an appointment for MRIs on Thursday, the 18th. Hopefully we'll know something then.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

In case you haven't noticed, Mother Nature dumped a ton of water on us last night, so no racing tomorrow. We still have a point's race Oct. 20th and our ever popular Fun Day on the 27th. So we hope to get some more racing in before the season is over. Hope to see you all then!

The shop will be open Sat. 12 noon- 7 p.m.

Linda
Old 10-13-2018, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

tried to rained all summer ….I hope Ron is ok
I put my stuff up for the winter....
Old 10-16-2018, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks to George at T.A.P. for letting me run the races today. I was a little rusty, but it started coming back by the end of the day. Everyone did a great job and I saw some familiar faces that I haven't seen in quite a few years... aka... Jim who used to come to our track with Fred Rock (who says "hey"); and Orlando Torres who also used to race here. Good catching up with them! Ron hung out all day and busted on guys. LOL. Good to see Harry, Mike and Pat Stagg, alias Pat Strass. How that got that mixed up I'll never know. See you all soon!
Old 10-18-2018, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

No racing this weekend. Looks like Fun Day on the 27th is the last race. Everyone knows why we call it that. We always come up with some different ideas for wrapping up the season, whether it's running reverse direction or having some sort of team racing. It gives everyone a day to just have fun and leave with something to remember for a long time. Hope we get some racers out! See you all then!

Linda
Old 10-18-2018, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Well, Ron got his MRIs today. That went well. They changed the machine since he last tried it and it was a lot easier and less anxiety involved (Yeah, he took the pill beforehand). Tomorrow we hopefully will know what is causing the issues with his left arm.

Linda
Old 10-19-2018, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Unfortunately it is not good news. Ron was diagnosed with a brain tumor. We spent the day at Inspira where his doctor said he was to go immediately for some tests. He will be staying overnight tonight and having more tests tomorrow so the doctors can determine the best way to treat this. It's all a learning experience for me and him both being at the hospital. I haven't been admitted to one since I was in second grade. This is the first time he's been admitted in the 34 years I've known him. So far so good. The people there are really nice. I'll have more news tomorrow.

Linda
Old 10-23-2018, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Well, guys wanted a new post to continue with Ron's updates, so here you are! First, thanks so much to Cappy and Alex who visited yesterday; Faith and Carl who visited this afternoon, and Cappy, Rich, and Tom who visited tonight. We were laughing so hard I thought the nurses might pop in to see what all the commotion was, but they didn't. Laughter is the best medicine. We actually had fun and it made the time fly by. This morning, Ron had the mesh filter thingy implanted in his groin, not by his heart as we were first told. He passed that with flying colors. Tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. he will be having the brain tumor removed. At first they spoke about a biopsy, then removal but it makes more sense to just take it out first thing and then do the biopsy. They feel the tumor and the little lesions they spotted on his lung, heart and liver are all connected somehow. They will then come up with a treatment that's best. The nurses and doctors have been great! I'm feeling confident everything will go well. Ron is the model patient! Hard to believe, I know, but he's doing everything right, except for the bathroom issues which we're working on. Rich, Cappy, and Tom understand that one. LOL! Thanks to everyone who is wishing him well. Prayer does work! Keep 'em coming! I'll update again tomorrow.

If you want to check on him, he's in Inspira Hospital, Vineland, room 256.

Looks like Fun Day will not happen this year. With Ron in the hospital our first concern is his health. Thanks to all of you racers who wanted to come out but the weather sucked, we appreciate it! Because of the weather, no one got their 10 races in. This was a first in the history of the track. To those who have nitro plaques due them from the Eastern States Challenge, they are at the shop if someone can pick them up. I'm not sure at the moment when I can be at the shop until Ron gets back home. I'll let you know. Or call first, between 3 and 7 p.m. Mon.- Fri. or Sat. 12 noon - 7 p.m. 856-696-5790. Thanks to those who did support our track this year!
Old 10-23-2018, 01:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Judge Judy
Well, guys wanted a new post to continue with Ron's updates, so here you are! First, thanks so much to Cappy and Alex who visited yesterday; Faith and Carl who visited this afternoon, and Cappy, Rich, and Tom who visited tonight. We were laughing so hard I thought the nurses might pop in to see what all the commotion was, but they didn't. Laughter is the best medicine. We actually had fun and it made the time fly by. This morning, Ron had the mesh filter thingy implanted in his groin, not by his heart as we were first told. He passed that with flying colors. Tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. he will be having the brain tumor removed. At first they spoke about a biopsy, then removal but it makes more sense to just take it out first thing and then do the biopsy. They feel the tumor and the little lesions they spotted on his lung, heart and liver are all connected somehow. They will then come up with a treatment that's best. The nurses and doctors have been great! I'm feeling confident everything will go well. Ron is the model patient! Hard to believe, I know, but he's doing everything right, except for the bathroom issues which we're working on. Rich, Cappy, and Tom understand that one. LOL! Thanks to everyone who is wishing him well. Prayer does work! Keep 'em coming! I'll update again tomorrow.

If you want to check on him, he's in Inspira Hospital, Vineland, room 256.

Looks like Fun Day will not happen this year. With Ron in the hospital our first concern is his health. Thanks to all of you racers who wanted to come out but the weather sucked, we appreciate it! Because of the weather, no one got their 10 races in. This was a first in the history of the track. To those who have nitro plaques due them from the Eastern States Challenge, they are at the shop if someone can pick them up. I'm not sure at the moment when I can be at the shop until Ron gets back home. I'll let you know. Or call first, between 3 and 7 p.m. Mon.- Fri. or Sat. 12 noon - 7 p.m. 856-696-5790. Thanks to those who did support our track this year!
Best wishes for the Surgery tomorrow Ron and Linda .
Old 10-23-2018, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Best wishes for the Surgery tomorrow Ron and Linda .
Thank you! Ron had a successful surgery and they removed the brain tumor. He is in Intensive Care room 201 now. Yes, you can call or visit him. I'm there a good part of the day. Good to see Jim Lilly today and talk with Brett Butter, who works at the hospital. I'll update again soon. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Linda
tobamiester likes this.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Well, here is today's update. They removed the brain tumor today. Took about 4 hours and the Dr. said it was about the size of a bird's egg. His incision is across the top of his head. He asked me if he lost his hair. I said there wasn't much there to start with! LOL. They will now look at a treatment plan for his cancerous lesions on his heart and lung and maybe liver. We're hoping to see some feeling get back in his left arm. He was very groggy when they brought him to his new room #201 in ICU but when I left tonight he was speaking better. The nurses are great there. They all talk about him. And he wanted coffee and something to eat. They are very happy with how well he really is. So we'll take it one day at a time. This is all new to both of us so we're working on it. The doctors have all talked with him and explained everything. So that's pretty much where we are now. Jim Lilly stopped by and I got to talk to him but Ron was still in surgery. Brett Butter works there and was the one who wheeled Ron into the ICU room. So I got to chat with him. Bob I. called me this morning at home and I told him to call the old room number. Little did I know they would switch rooms to his new one 201 in ICU. Hope BOB gets the new info. It's nice seeing a familiar person with all the new medical staff around. I'll let you all know what's going on day by day. REALLY appreciate all the concern, well wishes and prayers! It makes this a little easier to get through. Thank you all!
Old 10-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Today's update: Ron is showing improvement today. He still doesn't have a lot of movement on the left side but he's getting better in all other areas. His right side is good and they had him sitting in a recliner for several hours today. That helped a lot. Yesterday I had to feed him his meals, today he fed himself a lot. He even held his coffee cup instead of using a straw. His incision looks good, just across the top of his head. You would hardly notice it. He slept a lot today and his blood pressure was good. Everyone is very pleased with his progress. He was trying to explain R/C cars to the nurses. Only one of them has a child with one, so she understood. No, I'm not sneaking one in there! LOL! The doctors are still working on the tissue test results to see what treatment they feel is good for those lesions. That's all I have for now. He's in room 201 ICU at Inspira, in case you didn't get the last info. He can have visitors or you can call. I'm there most of the day so I can answer the phone. I expect Bob I. to visit tomorrow. That will be fun! Thanks everyone for all the prayers and well wishes!

Linda
Old 10-25-2018, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

prayers and get well Ron !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2018, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Today's update: Today he was able to lift the left leg.. Keep in mind, they said he would be a little weaker at first. The left hand he was able to move the thumb a tiny bit. His mouth was a bit droopy on the left side yesterday, not today. He insisted on eating his meals by himself, where yesterday I had to cut them up and feed him. He held his coffee cup and drank without a straw. The Dr. who did the surgery visited him and was impressed with his progress. He can stand with help and they have him sit in a recliner for several hours which gets him moving a bit. Bob Morisco visited early today and Bob I. visited tonight. We enjoyed them a lot. Ron got to talk shop and Bob I. brought his little Blade heli in and set it on his table with a radio. No, he wasn't going to fly it. Bob said it "therapy" for him (as he told the nurses). LOL. We still haven't gotten any results from the tissues but everything else is going good. His incision is healing nicely and there's no pain. Thanks everyone for all your well wishes and prayers! They really do help!

Linda
Old 10-26-2018, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Today's update: Ron was moved from ICU to another room #219 one step from a regular room. It's quieter than ICU and he doesn't have to share the bathroom. Haha. He took several steps today with the help of physical therapists and ate all his food by himself. They say the cancer started with his lung. Go figure. He was a mechanic for a long time and painted a lot of cars. When he would come home for lunch, I could smell paint on his breath. Not a good thing but who knew back then? They want to start chemo but haven't come up with the total plan yet. So that's where we are with that. Thanks to Bob I. for hanging out yesterday and actually making Ron laugh. Today his flying buddy Joe Curcio visited him this morning. Don't hesitate people to stop by. He's not contagious! He enjoys the visits and they pass the time. He is sitting in the recliner now for several hours and there are extra chairs to sit and chat. Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers. Keep them coming! Ron gets very emotional when I tell him who's posting. I'll have more info tomorrow! THANK YOU!

Linda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.