Old 11-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I have some stock shocks pm me
Old 11-21-2017, 02:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TPR 1
Hey guys
Ive done quite a few mods to my 24B which have improved it enormously!
- Carisma metal shocks with 30w front 25w rear oil
-Carbon fibre shock towers
-12000kv motor
-JR DS HV 387 servo
-Castle creations side winder micro x 2 esc
-Futaba receiver minus the case , i used heat shrink to protect it so i can use my
4PXR radio (using expo on the throttle helps a lot )
-3s eflite 300 mah lipo (12000kv + 3s is nuts )
-When i use 2s I've tried many , but the best I've used would have to be Turnigy
Graphene 65c, 2 x 1s heatshrinked together (have to take off the plastic end and then using a hot glue gun stick the + and - wires to the pack so they don't break off )WARNING removing plastic end can be dangerous if you puncture the lipo use extreme care!
-Out of the box i take both diffs out and fill the front with 6k rear 1k diff oil then run some CA glue around the outside casing to seal it .
-Slot the bottom of the chassis where the motor mount screws are and slot the motor mount rails to help achieve a good mesh with a 14 tooth pinion
(bit of shock oil on the spur and pinion help to make it quite)
-Tyres are one of the most important mods with this buggy , i cut out strips of 1/10 buggy tyres and glue them on the original Carisma tyres to make retreads
which give awesome grip on bitumen roads (soft compound fronts super soft rear
once glued then put a wheel on a drill using the wheel drive cups/axle as the arbour and sand down the tyres to make a slick )
-Use 2 x rear wings for extra strength
Ill post a few pics soon

Can you give more info on switching to the Futaba Rx and Castle ESC? How did you get the steering servo to work or did you change it as well?
Old 11-21-2017, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pman9003
Can you give more info on switching to the Futaba Rx and Castle ESC? How did you get the steering servo to work or did you change it as well?
I use a JR HV servo 387 servo which plugs straight into the futaba receiver .
Installing the receiver without its case (I've heat shrinked it ) and the micro x 2
esc is a tight squeeze but is well worth it .The top plastic cover has to be cut to accommodate the electronics , on my latest gt 24 b I've managed to cut out only what is necessary.
This Carisma is a beast on 3s I've had it clocked at 85kph , the revs sound awesome with the 12 tooth pinion !
Attached Thumbnails New Micro Buggy - GT24B from Carisma-img_1961.jpg   New Micro Buggy - GT24B from Carisma-img_1962.jpg   New Micro Buggy - GT24B from Carisma-img_1963.jpg   New Micro Buggy - GT24B from Carisma-img_1964.jpg   New Micro Buggy - GT24B from Carisma-img_1965.jpg  

Old 11-22-2017, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

I use a JR HV servo 387 servo which plugs straight into the futaba receiver .
Installing the receiver without its case (I've heat shrinked it ) and the micro x 2
esc is a tight squeeze but is well worth it .The top plastic cover has to be cut to accommodate the electronics , on my latest gt 24 b I've managed to cut out only what is necessary.
This Carisma is a beast on 3s I've had it clocked at 85kph , the revs sound awesome with the 12 tooth pinion !
Great setup! I’m looking to have something similar on my GT24B, I have a couple of questions

Did the esc switch drop right in or did you have to mod it?
Could you show some pics of the wiring (ESC to motor)? it’d be great to see which wire goes where and how you managed to fit everything and solder it.
Any drivetrain problems with the setup?

I just ordered a castle micro x 2 esc, I’ll be using a flysky gt2b TX/RX and Hitec HS55 feather servo. I’m gonna pick up some Hot racing aluminum losi shocks. I’ll most likely de-anodize them, and then mount them to matsucars shock towers.

Last edited by noel02; 11-23-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Yet this is Horizon response

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby.

We have no plans on eliminating this scale of rc vehicle.

Doug B.
Product Support
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Hour
This seems a bit strange. I think that they consider the ECX micros as still continuing the 1/24 line. I have one and they are not at all on the same quality level as the Losi micro 1/24 vehicles, especially the brushless versions.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by markarch
This seems a bit strange. I think that they consider the ECX micros as still continuing the 1/24 line. I have one and they are not at all on the same quality level as the Losi micro 1/24 vehicles, especially the brushless versions.
It really is strange because on horizons website it says discontinued for every micro model losi ever produced, and you can’t find certain parts (like shocks) anywhere.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noel02
Great setup! I’m looking to have something similar on my GT24B, I have a couple of questions

Did the esc switch drop right in or did you have to mod it?
Could you show some pics of the wiring (ESC to motor)? it’d be great to see which wire goes where and how you managed to fit everything and solder it.
Any drivetrain problems with the setup?

I just ordered a castle micro x 2 esc, I’ll be using a flysky gt2b TX/RX and Hitec HS55 feather servo. I’m gonna pick up some Hot racing aluminum losi shocks. I’ll most likely de-anodize them, and then mount them to matsucars shock towers.
I used the switch and the esc/motor plug from the original Carisma esc on the micro x 2
The photos show it all really, just tuck the motor plug down the side of the chassis and no drive train issues although i did mount another bearing in the middle of the main shaft to keep it true at high revs. Also my spur ended up with two screws going through it so its locked!

Can anyone tell me if the losi 1/24 micro rally is same/better than the Carisma
in regards to handling / durability in stock form ?
Got one coming with an exotek alloy chassis can't wait to mod this one too!
Old 11-24-2017, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

I used the switch and the esc/motor plug from the original Carisma esc on the micro x 2
The photos show it all really, just tuck the motor plug down the side of the chassis and no drive train issues although i did mount another bearing in the middle of the main shaft to keep it true at high revs. Also my spur ended up with two screws going through it so its locked!

Can anyone tell me if the losi 1/24 micro rally is same/better than the Carisma
in regards to handling / durability in stock form ?
Got one coming with an exotek alloy chassis can't wait to mod this one too!
I'll see if I can mod the castle ESC switch into the chassis, if it doesn't work I'll just use the stock one like you did.

I've heard the Losi micros are higher quality, but the carismas are better overall value, unless you plan to upgrade. The losi micros are more durable, have better stock electronics, and better suspension overall. Sadly there's barely any support for them since horizon discontinued the whole lineup, but you can still find some things on ebay.

I'm mounting a scale hard body to the 1/24 trail trekker (crawler), as well as modding and upgrading it, and I can definitely vouch for it's quality. I'd think the same would apply for the other 1/24 Losi models.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Trying a new video app

https://youtu.be/gJ2GIaedBRk
Old 12-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

I made a thread for a rebuild I did on my GT24, as well as a bunch of upgrades and mods.

Carisma GT24B rebuild and upgrades thread
Old 12-09-2017, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just ordered the GT24TR, found a great deal on eBay for $80 shipped. What's the battery tray dimensions? I'm looking at the Turnigy Graphene 600mah 1S 65C batteries, do they fit? The dimensions are 60x20x9. Im not looking for more power just want to get some more batteries.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 0verkill
I just ordered the GT24TR, found a great deal on eBay for $80 shipped. What's the battery tray dimensions? I'm looking at the Turnigy Graphene 600mah 1S 65C batteries, do they fit? The dimensions are 60x20x9. Im not looking for more power just want to get some more batteries.
It’s a small compartment. 17x54x15
Old 12-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Another owner suggested these to me

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F302201114965

It’s a tight fit but works.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Another owner suggested these to me

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F302201114965

It’s a tight fit but works.
I used them for a while and they worked good, a tad too long but if you trim the casing a little where the wires come out it lets them flex a bit more which helps save space.

Now that I switched over to a castle micro sidewinder 2 esc I cant run 1s anymore, I’ll probably sell my 1s LiPos on eBay.

Last edited by noel02; 12-09-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.