Wiki Posts
Search

Which micro to get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Which micro to get?

So I want to get a couple of micros for me and my little brother to race in our spare room. I've been looking at the HPI Q32 and the Losi Micro T. I would prefer the hpi because its a digital transmitter. But what's the battery capacity or run time?
Old 01-22-2015, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Well everyone has an opinion so I try to limit how many I share. Regarding the Losi Micro T...I owned and sold it. The truck was fun to mess around with but found it pretty hard to control in race type settings. Regarding the HPI Q32...I drove one last Friday on an RCP track. I found it fun to drive but it too was difficult to control in close proximity to other cars; the open wheel design makes it quite unstable when wheels rub. I prefer the 1/24 scale Losi Rally, it has a lot of aftermarket support, it is very stable/easy to drive, and the enclosed wheels allow for "rubbing" without wrecking.

Originally Posted by ManDime
So I want to get a couple of micros for me and my little brother to race in our spare room. I've been looking at the HPI Q32 and the Losi Micro T. I would prefer the hpi because its a digital transmitter. But what's the battery capacity or run time?
Old 01-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I vote for Micro T, they are plenty fun!
Lots of aftermarket parts.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had a losi micro desert truck and didn't like it, controller was horrible and it never really ran right for me. It was too fast to be controllable with a 2s lipo.

if I were buying a micro right now I'd probably be getting an L939 - http://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-L939-...r-p-81755.html
Old 01-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

I had that wltoys l939 ^^ it was so much fun and way faster that my losi micro dt and better transmitter reception. Best $25 I've ever spent
Old 01-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

I decided to give the HPI Q32 a try. I currently have a 1/24 Losi Micro SCT but as small as it is it still seems a bit big for running inside the house and around furniture.

From the pictures the Q32 seems far more simple that the 1/36 Losi Micros which makes the HPI look more toy than hobby-grade. But, I'm on a Baja kick right now so HPI has me on the hook! To further rationalize my purchase, looking at videos it seems the 1/36 Losi is bouncy and doesn't have very good rebound dialed into the suspension. While the HPI's suspension includes only one "shock" for the rear axle assembly and otherwise appears to rely on the flex in the suspension arms to provide damping, it does appear to be planted and land reasonably well when jumped.

I only just placed an order for it last night so it will be a few days before I get it in and have a chance to run it.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Well I picked up a couple of Q32's and these things are fun!!! My little brother enjoys it a lot and as do I! Definitely gonna pick up some cardboard to make a track with! Very entertaining. I'm going to see if its remotely possible to put a 1s lipo in it. I'll make another thread for the mod if so. Only issue I see is lvd/lvc though. But more run time would be nice!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well wow when I first heard about it I thought the steering wasn't proportional and so I just dismissed it.
Anyone have both Q32 and losi micro rally? I'd like to see the turning radius cause that's what turns me off atm with my micro losi
Old 01-27-2015, 03:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by neo_hito
well wow when I first heard about it I thought the steering wasn't proportional and so I just dismissed it.
Anyone have both Q32 and losi micro rally? I'd like to see the turning radius cause that's what turns me off atm with my micro losi
The turning radius of the Rally and SCT can be improved with a simple mod. http://www.microtforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=12599
Old 02-01-2015, 06:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Q32 runs fast and handles real good.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For the turning radius I would go with Micro T.
It turn sharp enough for me.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

So I'm gonna try and make the q32 into 4wd. I would just be buying another and then take the second apart, make a custom chassis and solder the motor then figure out how to do steering.... That'll be the fun part.