Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree56Likes

Losi- mini JRX2

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 03:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I haven't really been updating on this side of the fence, mostly keeping to RC10talk with the mini builds but I did make something a bit off of the beaten path.

I had seen people do mid motor conversions on the original 1/10 scale JRXs so I decided to try my hand at it.

Recently I've been trying to adapt the MIP ball diff and CVDs to the platform. But I'm working on durability issues with the rear arms.

kufman likes this.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

It's a great car if you plan on leaving it stock and want to putt around. If you are after raw performance and love to beef rigs up with more power and better electronics, look elsewhere.

The slipper is not strong enough

The play is just insane everywhere

You are stuck with the stock wheels unless you invest a lot in fabricating a solution to convert to hex that also doesn't bind

Overall I wish I would have passed on this one.
Old 04-19-2023, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think this is a great little buggy. Yes slop in the front.
I run it in my backyard. lose pact dirt. Dark dirt with some rock and pinecones. I try to clear it as much as possible. I use a tamper.
I've yet to mark off the track but i have a large deck in my backyard that runs longways like 30ft and at the end of the deck i did two turn arounds. Out front of the deck i have a small jump and 3 little rollovers into one of the turn about. I used treated 2x4 below ground at the two turn arounds with dirt mounds at each end and used one to block off my stair case made of concrete. lol
Im probably on my 6th or 7th pack and it rips! LOL
plan on getting the orange set of back tires at my local track and cutting the tire pins off with dikes and than taking a sanding paddle to em to smooth em and make some slicks for the clay track we run on here. Itll give me an option for the mini races. lol.
prob not competitive with the mini b and mini t but just for fun. I got the black one. I went through the shocks. Found no shavings but still emtied em and refilled and tried as best i could to bleed em with 42.5wt. We have some large jumps at the clay track. Although a small motor this thing can fly. lol. Cant wait to get some track time with this mini. Might have to tighten up the front like others have but I'm gonna run with it till need be.
-Devin
RogueIV likes this.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The tires are pretty easy to turn into slicks, I did it to a set or worn out tires. works well on black carpet.

MonkeyCmonkeyDo likes this.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Those towers and body mounts sure look familiar

Old 07-10-2023, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

my 9yr old daughter took this picture this last weekend well I tried to race f1. Thought it was pretty good so I shared.
d
Old 07-17-2023, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

made my slicks for my minis tonight!
d