Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor season 2011-2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spedtke
So when the sportsman guys need help setting their truck up and asking questions about driving lines and any other technical help, where would they turn?
Many times I have seen Jensen, George, Walt, Gibby and Tory help younger and newer drivers get the correct set up and driving tips.
And how exactly would Wed. night practice be run if the track were to change Saturday afternoon?
Last week was a long night, but it was rare. We usually get out of there no later than what I used to stay up til when I was 10 or 11 years old.
I didn't think about all the help that those guys provide. I know that I got lots of help when I started (and still do), so I'm changing my mind. Splitting it up is a bad idea.

I know last week was rare (printer issues / more racers) and you always do a great job racing directing to keep things on track. But if we know things are going to run late couldn't we just skip the 3rd qualifier. Until someone points an issue out, I don't see any problems with that.

Rad
Old 02-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by feistyacorn
I know last week was rare (printer issues / more racers) ...
Rad
The late nights had become the norm when we stopped racing on Saturdays at MARCCA. It was not that way when Jason started racing at MARCCA.

Keith.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (95%+)

Originally Posted by kghills
The late nights had become the norm when we stopped racing on Saturdays at MARCCA. It was not that way when Jason started racing at MARCCA.

Keith.
I beg to disagree. The time has been pretty consistent since I started racing, and that was before Jason.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I beg to disagree. The time has been pretty consistent since I started racing, and that was before Jason.
Its not weather or not the time has changed, its the fact that it is too late for most people.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

We started racing at MARCCA in the early winter when the track was over by Advance Street maybe three years or a bit more ago. There were about 15-20 people. Track would open around 2:00PM for practice. There would be 2-3 heats of stadium trucks and maybe enough for a Slash class. Racing would finish up around 10:30 at the latest taking plenty of breaks and people like Zac would stay afterwords and try to knock planes out of the air or just practice. The club held special events like potluck dinners, Halloween races and a New Years Eve race (which had special events to make it run later).

I am sure if Brian Roberts reads this he can confirm what I remember as Tyler used to attend and race when it finished earlier also.

Keith.

Last edited by kghills; 02-15-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We moved the start time from 6pm to 5pm - I believe last year or the year before because of the late ending times. It has been an on and off problem for several years.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kghills
We started racing at MARCCA in the early winter when the track was over by Advance Street maybe three years or a bit more ago. There were about 15-20 people. Track would open around 2:00PM for practice. There would be 2-3 heats of stadium trucks and maybe enough for a Slash class. Racing would finish up around 10:30 at the latest tacking plenty of breaks and people like Zac would stay afterwords and try to knock planes out of the air or just practice. The club held special events like potluck dinners, Halloween races and a New Years Eve race (which had special events to make it run later).

I am sure if Brian Roberts reads this he can confirm what I remember as Tyler used to attend and race when it finished earlier also.

Keith.
Yeah and now theres about what, 50 people at least a week how would you expect to end at the same time when you have almost 4 times more people that like saying that we can start at the same time next week have 200 people and still get done at the same time as normal doing everything the same...
Old 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJsucksatrc
Yeah and now theres about what, 50 people at least a week how would you expect to end at the same time when you have almost 4 times more people that like saying that we can start at the same time next week have 200 people and still get done at the same time as normal doing everything the same...
ej and josh.. you might want to think about things before you open mouth and insert foot... there are alot and i mean alot of members that have way more time involved in the club than both of you put together..

ej you hit it right on the head.. more people= longer days!! with that said you will need to start earlier to get done at what?? the same time as you normally do... if you get less people you can stay after and run laps or run an extra qualifier!!! wouldnt 4 qualifiers be nice on a light turn out??? just a few things to think about... jeremy
Old 02-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just my opinion here there are people who have had there times set like the way they are for how long now. those people might not come race anymore due to the time change. but i may be wrong. on another note i think the water heater need to be turned up it just doesnt burn my skin enough. thanks lol
Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EJsucksatrc
Correct, I think you have a grasp on the problem and why people are talking about possible options to finish earlier or at least on the same day you start the program.

Keith.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (95%+)

Last week was the longest I can remember in quite some time. Usually every week I am on the beltline listening to the oldtime radio shows that start at 11 on 1310 AM.
Why not just let the race director decide to move to 5 min qualifiers if there are more than 50 racers? With 12 races in a round, that's darn near 45 minutes off the whole night right there.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Last week was the longest I can remember in quite some time. Usually every week I am on the beltline listening to the oldtime radio shows that start at 11 on 1310 AM.
Not finishing until after 11 or later on a regular basis is exactly why some people are asking for a possible earlier start time. When it goes to like 1AM it just makes the problem more acute and people are voicing there concern.

Why not just let the race director decide to move to 5 min qualifiers if there are more than 50 racers? With 12 races in a round, that's darn near 45 minutes off the whole night right there.
While this option would help on nights with larger turnouts it does not address the fact that many/some feel the program is running too late overall.

Keith.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

to be honest i will say that not everyone wants to end around 11pm but there are more people that cant get there earlier to race... i mean we have atleast 10 people that get to the track right befor there qualifier due to jobs, and if we start earlier we would most likely lose them due to the fact that not everyone wants to start 1 qualifier late, you know what i mean? and yes it is hard to please everyone but i think its going to take alot more time to get things to fit most peoples needs.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

This issue is not going to be resolved on this thread. A dozen or so have strong opinions and have voiced them here, on any given night there are 50+ racers in the house and all voices should be heard. I would suggest the the following. We print up a survey that must be filled out, before your allowed to register, indicating your preference on how to address this issue. Choices can include, Leave it alone, start earlier, split the classes and start times, drop a qualifier or any other solution someone might have. This is the only way the board can get a consensus on where the majority of racers fall. The onroad racers would be asked for their input also. This could be done this weekend or the last weekend of the month, prior to the next board meeting. It is in the clubs best interest to listen to the racers and address this to the satisfaction of the masses.

Last edited by Fast Racing; 02-16-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it's fair to say that not everybody wants the same thing, and that is to be expected. Please let's be respectful of others opinions, understanding that what might be ideal for one person does not work for another, and the goal of the club leadership will be to do what best suits the majority.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.