Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 03:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
Taka san... a very limited number of medium wheelbase bodies have light buckets...
hehehe Dear Jason, I'm sorry for that. But even no head and tail lights we still can play MGR M-chassis freaks class right?
It's just matter without additional point.
Oh.., for you not really. Actually you are authorize M-chassis class expert player of MGR, JPR. You may lose 1points from your each heat point without lights.

Please accept this point system, This is one of our idea how to give handicap to expert M-chassis player like you. With lights, car became heavier. Im sure without lights is faster. Im thinking this rule is kind of nice one. hehehe

taka
Old 03-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mighty nokkey
Oh...., Its my dream car Jerome..
I was wishing to have that real car..
But dream not come truth so... tamiya M-chassis body nalan ako.
heheh.

We have a lot of M-chassis lover but, We only have Tac race event to release our cute dynamite before. So, I may take car of it continuously. Tac spec M-chassis can be competitive this MGR M-shassis freaks class!

And I didn't say on my posting but, I may allowed to use HPI 2WD Mini chassis.
About Pinion gear for HPI mini chassis, Im going to check it when I had participant on the race track. But HPI mini must follow other rules of MGR car regulation. tamiya 60D tires, tamiya18T or 17.5T. HPI Mini body can be use for tamiya mini and HPI mini.

see you.
taka
Since you are also running M06, can I also run using HPI's cup racer?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nu-b
Since you are also running M06, can I also run using HPI's cup racer?
Yes you can. But must be 2WD like I posted. Front drive or rear drive isn't matter in MGR mini freaks class.

Please try robing it on next Mini freaks class.

Taka
Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

good day kababayan... quick question! what are the gear ratios you are using on JP? im running xray t4 with lrp 4.0T here in italy because the track has a very long stretch, melzo race track!.. im preparing my kit for my vacation this coming may and wish to visit the track there and to meet some of you guys.. im excited ... can you give me some idea? i have a stock spec LRP x20 13.5T.. i just need the ratio .. thank you guys, keep on racing!
Old 03-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by politpot
good day kababayan... quick question! what are the gear ratios you are using on JP? im running xray t4 with lrp 4.0T here in italy because the track has a very long stretch, melzo race track!.. im preparing my kit for my vacation this coming may and wish to visit the track there and to meet some of you guys.. im excited ... can you give me some idea? i have a stock spec LRP x20 13.5T.. i just need the ratio .. thank you guys, keep on racing!
Hi Politpot!

For 13.5, depending on the motor, we run as low as 6.2 for torque type motors and as high as 7.3 for RPM motors. If the X20 is like the X12's I'd start with a 6.8 then work up or down depending on what you temp.

When are you coming to town?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

It's really nice to see new friend and 4.0T mod car is running in our track.
But I recommend you to not use 4.0T motor my friend.
It can be use 4.0T some time in our race track, but we need to have many participants running together to make track high grip.
I've been saw many good player burned motor and ESC when they stared run our track the first day.

But if you really want to use 4.0T, why not we can help you. I used to use 4.0T orion during we still have Mod class in manila. And FDR was 8.0. So, Just like Mikey said, You must be carefully to check your motor and ESC temp all the time to use 4.0T.

By the way, we have 13.5T boosted class, and 17.5T no boosted class for your car(Xrey?) right now. If you want those motors are available at race track.

See you po.
taka
Old 03-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MGR Mini freaks class rules

Hi dear manila RC racers,

There are some change and improvement for the "Mini freaks class". Kindly please check this.

"Mini freaks class car rules"

chassis: tamiya M-chassis and HPI mini chassis can be use. (must be 2WD)
Bodies: tamiya and HPI mini bodies can be use.
tires: must be tamiya 60D tires.
Motor & ESC: tamiya 18T sensor-less, or any 17.5T(without timing) with any brush-less ESC without timing.
battery: sub-C 7.2V, Lipo 7.4V hard-casing can be use.
Pinion and super gear: not allowed to any smaller super. can be use only original tamiya super gear. pinion only 20T for all tamiya M-chassis.
(17.5T and tamiya 18T sensor-less motor will use same 20T pinion)
Rear wing: you can put a rear wing. (Maximum lengths 30mm, wing width must be smaller then your body width)

●special rules●
・If your body has head and rear lights, you may have additional each heat point "1".
・Nasa authorized Mini class expert drivers must have head and rear lights on the body shell of them. If expert driver's car has no lights, there are "1"point deduction for each heat.
・If Nasa authorized Mini class expert drivers have a "rear wing" for the car of them, organizer will deduct an other each "1" heat point from expert drivers.
・There is a weight handicap for each heat winner. After you had heat winner, you must put a "duck toy" on your body as weight handicap. The "duck toys" already with organizer.

MGR Mini freaks class will be started from this coming on saturday!
see you!

taka
Old 03-17-2014, 03:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello Dear manila racers again,

This coming saturday is MGR on JP raceways. Open classes are below..,

13.5T boosted kings class

17.5T non boosted meisters class

Open wheel formula car challenge class

"new" Mini fearks class

Due to few players yet, Our medal expenses became so much bigger than race fee now. I may adjust 2nd class entry fee 50 pesos to 100 pesos. 3rd enter fee and 4th entree fee also 100 pesos each.
The 1st entry fee no change and its 400 pesos.

I believe that, I can get all of yours understanding if you may consider what we are providing with MGR.
Thank you!

We have each race day medals, end of year each class winner medals, other some awarding medals, and race data recordings! Please enjoy yourself and look forward to MGR 2014!

taka
Old 03-17-2014, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikeygar

When are you coming to town?
This coming may boss
Old 03-17-2014, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

Hello,

It's really nice to see new friend and 4.0T mod car is running in our track.
But I recommend you to not use 4.0T motor my friend.
It can be use 4.0T some time in our race track, but we need to have many participants running together to make track high grip.
I've been saw many good player burned motor and ESC when they stared run our track the first day.
But if you really want to use 4.0T, why not we can help you. I used to use 4.0T orion during we still have Mod class in manila. And FDR was 8.0. So, Just like Mikey said, You must be carefully to check your motor and ESC temp all the time to use 4.0T.

By the way, we have 13.5T boosted class, and 17.5T no boosted class for your car(Xrey?) right now. If you want those motors are available at race track.

See you po.
taka
Thanks for the reply taka san.. im so excited! We usually race here in open mode class coz every one here want to be fast.. i my self is a solid nitRo user.. so im a bit new in electric class.. but i have a wide range of motor that i can use ill be sticking to 13.5 as it is the standard motor. I have burned 1 esc speed passion grand tourismo coz im using a 3.0t hahaha made by the track owner.. i got the wrong combination of gears! But its hell fast!..
Old 03-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the reply taka san.. im so excited! We usually race here in open mode class coz every one here want to be fast.. i my self is a solid nitRo user.. so im a bit new in electric class.. but i have a wide range of motor that i can use ill be sticking to 13.5 as it is the standard motor. I have burned 1 esc speed passion grand tourismo coz im using a 3.0t hahaha made by the track owner.. i got the wrong combination of gears! But its hell fast!..
You are welcome.
I used to play Mod in manila but, due to not enough participants not playing now. Wishing that we can have mod class in future again.
Oh you have burned ESC before? Im sorry to hear that and Me too i have many experience burned it. haha...
Most dangerous moment during I played mod class was, when I tried to run first battery with new ESC or motor something..
If I passed fast battery its already safe right? Any ways, I hate that first moment when I use new ESC and motor for mod class car...

We are looking forward to see you!

taka
Old 03-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

You are welcome.
I used to play Mod in manila but, due to not enough participants not playing now. Wishing that we can have mod class in future again.
Oh you have burned ESC before? Im sorry to hear that and Me too i have many experience burned it. haha...
Most dangerous moment during I played mod class was, when I tried to run first battery with new ESC or motor something..
If I passed fast battery its already safe right? Any ways, I hate that first moment when I use new ESC and motor for mod class car...

We are looking forward to see you!

taka
Taka san.. what type of tyres you are using there? I assume you all use foam? Do i need to bring with me my tyre truer?
Old 03-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Taka san.. what type of tyres you are using there? I assume you all use foam? Do i need to bring with me my tyre truer?
Hi,

We all manila racers are using rubber type tires here.
For big race event we usually used ride RE36 as control tire. For club race We usually do open rubber tire rules. As competitive tires I use sorex 36 or sorex 40.
If track got already high grip on it, there is not so much difference in between ride and sorex. But they have big difference if track is low grip yet.

So.., I think you don't need to bring your tire truer.

taka
Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

We all manila racers are using rubber type tires here.
For big race event we usually used ride RE36 as control tire. For club race We usually do open rubber tire rules. As competitive tires I use sorex 36 or sorex 40.
If track got already high grip on it, there is not so much difference in between ride and sorex. But they have big difference if track is low grip yet.

So.., I think you don't need to bring your tire truer.

taka
got it!.. thank you so much for the information.. ill just bring some pinions and spur gears for the proper FDR then.. see you in MAY
Old 03-18-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

got it!.. thank you so much for the information.. ill just bring some pinions and spur gears for the proper FDR then.. see you in MAY
O-key! see you in May our friend!

taka

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.