Wiki Posts
Search

Tragic Accident at Titiwangsa

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dear RCers,

I think the suggestion of donating to RCAC to make the premise a safer place is a good and constructive one. I believe thats the only way we can make a difference to make the premise a better place for spectators to view our cars in action.

As to the execution, I believe RCAC will take care of it and announce it to us once the plan is ready. To contribute to this cause, I am all for it.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

first first calm the fire from the victim end.. for improvement be can plan after that. at the moment those rc guys in concern does not know what the victim parents are doing from behind... that's y they "kecoh" the thread expecting something done..
Old 12-23-2010, 12:29 AM
tornado

The event organiser better find out from the police station whether there has been a report made. Checked the nearby hospitals ? Find out first and then all the good and kind gestures from the fellow drivers could be extended to her if she is still alive. After looking at the height of the drivers stand, I feared the worst.

Sitting down here and pray won't do anyone any good. The accident happened in the event you organised, you're morally and professionally responsible for the above.

If I'm that girl's dad...............I'll draw first blood from the organiser and venue owner. There shall be no more RC events in TT. Period!!

Old 12-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tornado
The event organiser better find out from the police station whether there has been a report made. Checked the nearby hospitals ? Find out first and then all the good and kind gestures from the fellow drivers could be extended to her if she is still alive. After looking at the height of the drivers stand, I feared the worst.

Sitting down here and pray won't do anyone any good. The accident happened in the event you organised, you're morally and professionally responsible for the above.

If I'm that girl's dad...............I'll draw first blood from the organiser and venue owner. There shall be no more RC events in TT. Period!!
Again, for the records, the accident happened after the race ended when few hard core racers remained to bash at the track together with the nitro guys.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

I personally am not too sure why Toh WL and Tornado have such comments. I already stated that the thread is started to warn everyone of such a danger that can happen to a child in Titiwangsa and please be careful so that such incident(s) would never happen again.

Secondly, if anyone has any news of the little girl, please post it here.

As for the other comments. I really don't give a ____! As to what the parents will do, if we can play at titiwangsa again and such are just not the priority. To make the place safer is and will continue to make a difference to sport as I do not think anyone would want to have such incidents tarnishing the sport. No body wants it.

So for all the other people who cannot give any info on the two points, I thank you for your comment and it is no longer needed.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikecan8
I personally am not too sure why Toh WL and Tornado have such comments. I already stated that the thread is started to warn everyone of such a danger that can happen to a child in Titiwangsa and please be careful so that such incident(s) would never happen again.

Secondly, if anyone has any news of the little girl, please post it here.

As for the other comments. I really don't give a ____! As to what the parents will do, if we can play at titiwangsa again and such are just not the priority. To make the place safer is and will continue to make a difference to sport as I do not think anyone would want to have such incidents tarnishing the sport. No body wants it.

So for all the other people who cannot give any info on the two points, I thank you for your comment and it is no longer needed.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Whether the accident occurred during or after the race is irrelevant. The point being is that there is a safety issue for children loitering the track area. The responsibility does not rest entirely on the organiser. We ought to carry that responsibility collectively as racers and/or spectators.

Perhaps in the future, we ought to be more vocal, attentive and to continue what we have been doing in the past; admonishing these innocent/ignorant kids and highlighting the danger of their doings. These kids need to be educated. Even the parents could be as clueless as their kids on the potential danger. Even in the presence of appropriate signboards or warning signs on the track, there will be instances of people ignoring them and proceed at their own risk.

Shifting any such responsibility and/or blame to anyone or to any entity will not solve anything. A descent and rational human being will never shirk his responsibility.

We sincerely hope the mishap will not in any way paint a negative picture of our beloved sport though admittedly, it is rather unfortunate that it has been tarnished. It only heightens the fact that safety is our concern, a collective effort from all parties will be needed to preserve and to protect the safety of our loved ones.

We hope and pray for the safety of our child...
Old 12-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

MTX3-B,

Well said. I believe that's what all of us want for the future and there is only two important things that all of us want to find out.
1) what is the latest status of the girl. If anyone can provide info on this is much appreciated.

2) what can we as racers do to contribute to the safety of the track. By that I do not only mean monetarily only, but also in terms of volunteering to come and help out when RCAC can come out with a plan to make the premise a safer place.

Once again, I thank you all on behalf of the little girl and let's hope the very best for the little girl. Lets all pray for the little girl and also that such ncident would never happen again.

Last but not least, Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Girl's Condition

Anyone can post up the little girl's condition? Poor girl.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:40 PM
tornado

I agree that all sugestions in here are good but it is what we can do in the future, BUT what has the organiser done towards that incident. I'm sure the organiser do come in here to sembang sembang but diam saja kat thread ini..........

MTX-3, you're so right, it is irregardless whether it happened during or before the race. You guys are right about who shall bear the responsibility towards t hat incident. The incident already happened, no one wants it but what has been done in mitigation ?

I had organised a volleyball team practise during my college days, that damn stray volley ball has to roll on to the road (LDP) and a motocycle hit it. The rider lost balance and fell !! Me being the captain of the whole thing has to make police report, report to the college dean and even go to the hospital to find out the condition of the rider, inform his family.......damn kaw mah fan but someone got to do it.

This is my point. I'm not here to discuss what can be done in the future. You guys have yak so much about it and I have nothing to add. The only thing is who to lead it and execute what has been discussed.

Cheers

Old 12-26-2010, 10:51 PM
tornado

Mike,

I'm not here to flame you and neither to anyone contributing thoughts towards the better future of our beloved past time. Keep up the good work. Proud of you guys.

I'm here just like all of you here wanting to know what is the condition of the poor little girl who fell. I have 3 daughters myself and I know how it feels to see me own daughter falling off the control stand. I can't imagine what I would do/react if that unfortunate incident shall befall on to me. My comments are pointing towards the organiser who seems to be keeping quiet through the whole discussion in here. The one who has the obligations to keep all of us here informed would be them. At least morally they have.

Peace and cheers bro

Old 12-27-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

1st point,

u meant to say the intention is to warn everyone of the same? does it serve any purpose even after the racing event. someone fell on the ground. anyone came up to the her rescue? if that has been done, at least it serves the purpose what happened & what follow next. ppl has been asking on the condition. you tell everyone wait till someone else knows & post any updates.. if that someone knew & they are not rctech user. for sure it will never come here.. unless till RCAC or organizer got the heat up from escalations. which obviously nobody would want for the future of the rc track..

it's just like u saw cars accident for example at major roads. u step down to witness the event live or happen to pass by. then write down 4D ekor for Toto/Magnum or "mar piu". when come to office u tell everyone there has been an accident...drive carefully, this that road name is dangerous. so are u expecting to know what next from the victim end. No right?

the event happened, bottomline is nobody wants to get their hands dirty to her rescue... (with blood & tears)... the "tak apa attitude". let someone else do the job...that's y everyone in this forum still in dark over the matter.

2nd point,

we all hope no big trouble follows after this...

anyway mike thanks very much for the heads up on the matter. my intention is not to flame anyone. but it's just what we can do more from there. anyhow good info u posted for everyone's awareness... peace & cheers...
Old 12-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toh WL
1st point,

u meant to say the intention is to warn everyone of the same? does it serve any purpose even after the racing event. someone fell on the ground. anyone came up to the her rescue? if that has been done, at least it serves the purpose what happened & what follow next. ppl has been asking on the condition. you tell everyone wait till someone else knows & post any updates.. if that someone knew & they are not rctech user. for sure it will never come here.. unless till RCAC or organizer got the heat up from escalations. which obviously nobody would want for the future of the rc track..

it's just like u saw cars accident for example at major roads. u step down to witness the event live or happen to pass by. then write down 4D ekor for Toto/Magnum or "mar piu". when come to office u tell everyone there has been an accident...drive carefully, this that road name is dangerous. so are u expecting to know what next from the victim end. No right?

the event happened, bottomline is nobody wants to get their hands dirty to her rescue... (with blood & tears)... the "tak apa attitude". let someone else do the job...that's y everyone in this forum still in dark over the matter.

2nd point,

anyway mike thanks very much for the heads up on the matter. my intention is not to flame anyone. but it's just what we can do more from there. anyhow good info u posted for everyone's awareness... peace & cheers...
bro.. u ni asik menyalak saja lah.. kasi diam sikit boleh tak? sudah boring baca u punya steatment lah bro.. no point langsong..
Old 12-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxafiquexx
bro.. u ni asik menyalak saja lah.. kasi diam sikit boleh tak? sudah boring baca u punya steatment lah bro.. no point langsong..
zzz ZZZ zzz
Old 12-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Tse
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Toh WL
1st point,

2nd point,

then y dont u do something other than barking nonsense here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.