Wiki Posts
Search

Carb needle

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wandzul
i think maybe the low needle he said is actually mixture screw.. my gs15r got mixture screw.. i usually dont mess with it, but only high & idle screw..

my 2 cents
Nope, that is really low needle as mentioned in CEN web site, I'm using NT16 engine, which is stock engine. 0.16 cubic inch, 2.67c.c.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TeeKuang
Nope, that is really low needle as mentioned in CEN web site, I'm using NT16 engine, which is stock engine. 0.16 cubic inch, 2.67c.c.
hehe.. i'm not saying u're wrong.. for my kyosho it's for altering the mixture.. its situated at the same exact spot as ur NT16.. i'm just saying that i just flush the screw & proceed with altering high speed & idle screw only.. i dunno whether its the same or not with ur engine.. maybe its slightly differ..
Old 04-13-2007, 02:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wandzul
hehe.. i'm not saying u're wrong.. for my kyosho it's for altering the mixture.. its situated at the same exact spot as ur NT16.. i'm just saying that i just flush the screw & proceed with altering high speed & idle screw only.. i dunno whether its the same or not with ur engine.. maybe its slightly differ..
Aihhh.. I'm pening already la . the sleeve and piston kits expensive or not? how much roughly?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Tech Adept

Aihhh.. I'm pening already la . the sleeve and piston kits expensive or not? how much roughly?
which lhs carry cen parts ha? toycity got cen parts but they're overpriced.. i dunno the price, maybe around rm250-300.. sifu-sifu who know any lhs carrying cen parts pls help..
Old 04-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

when i was cen that time, toycity technical help me tune , n said to me: "once everything well set, u just need set the highspeed needle from time to time to suits ur weather , power etc etc... ", but that doesnt means that other needle dun border, just less sentuh ...

n just to inform u nt16 very makan nitro~even i had lean it that time~
Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tancp81
when i was cen that time, toycity technical help me tune , n said to me: "once everything well set, u just need set the highspeed needle from time to time to suits ur weather , power etc etc... ", but that doesnt means that other needle dun border, just less sentuh ...

n just to inform u nt16 very makan nitro~even i had lean it that time~
lean it? how many round you turn the hi speed needle out?
Old 04-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i am comparing by same amount of speed running with tr4 n mtx4... tr-4 4min hpc track, whereas x4 can chin chai 6min ...

ps: if u are asking me how many turns, i dunno... my buddies help me that time~
Old 04-14-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Mate,
NEVER EVER go a full rotation when tuning an engine, they only need an 8th of a turn (1 hour increments) at a time, be patient, small things make a huge difference, big things blow up............its that simple. Like I said previosly, ensure your engine is warm before attempting any tuning.
If you are having major dramas with tune, it sometimes helps to check your clutch. Sounds silly but if it is worn, it will engage too early and give a false tune. By this I mean you will be chasing the high speed, low speed (hi end low end) needles for power, especially the low end and it affects this needle more. You will also think it is reving too high and and try to adjust the idle.

If you have oil coming out the stinger, your running rich, too rich an enginge can also give you problems in the long term, as it can couse carbonisation, and the result is fouling of the plug (minor problem) and fouling of the top of the piston. This can lead to, too much compression (if left) and a popped engine(worst case).
There is a fine line between good tuning and bad tuning, I personlly like a light trail of aqua blue smoke whatever the speed my buggie is going. You wont necesarily see smoke when idling.
Hope this helps,
Darrin
Old 04-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dirtdustingdavo
Mate,
NEVER EVER go a full rotation when tuning an engine, they only need an 8th of a turn (1 hour increments) at a time, be patient, small things make a huge difference, big things blow up............its that simple. Like I said previosly, ensure your engine is warm before attempting any tuning.
If you are having major dramas with tune, it sometimes helps to check your clutch. Sounds silly but if it is worn, it will engage too early and give a false tune. By this I mean you will be chasing the high speed, low speed (hi end low end) needles for power, especially the low end and it affects this needle more. You will also think it is reving too high and and try to adjust the idle.

If you have oil coming out the stinger, your running rich, too rich an enginge can also give you problems in the long term, as it can couse carbonisation, and the result is fouling of the plug (minor problem) and fouling of the top of the piston. This can lead to, too much compression (if left) and a popped engine(worst case).
There is a fine line between good tuning and bad tuning, I personlly like a light trail of aqua blue smoke whatever the speed my buggie is going. You wont necesarily see smoke when idling.
Hope this helps,
Darrin
Thanks Darrin, you've been helping me alot Is it ok to use 25%nitro fuel on my stock NT16 engine? I'm using Morganfuel's Sidewinder 25%. I've been using it for half gallon already, I hope it didn't hurt the engine.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks Darrin, you've been helping me alot Is it ok to use 25%nitro fuel on my stock NT16 engine? I'm using Morganfuel's Sidewinder 25%. I've been using it for half gallon already, I hope it didn't hurt the engine.
Mate,
I dont know much about the NT16 engine, is it an on road engine?
I race 1/8 buggies with an AXE Rossi Cobra 21 turbo. I only use 20% nitro as I fing that this is plenty for me. I was using 25% with my last engine which popped just the other day on the starter box of all things. But that engine had seen nearly 40lt of fuel go through, so it had a good life.
From what I understand is on road only use 16% (something to do with their rules). Buggies,truggies amd monster trucks are pretty much unlimited.
Whatever you use, just ensure that the head is shimmed enough and the pluh is suitable,IE the more nitro the colder the plug should be.