Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

RC Racing indoor track in BR

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Man absolutely. I'm in Mandeville, and SCR hasn't been active. The only two active tracks to race at are 2 hours away. (Flowood and Alabama). Plus if 1/10 was a thing, I'd hardly run 1/8.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah drove 4 hours to go to flowood and raced even with bad weather still was a great race indoor track is necessary for Louisiana we need this lol
Old 01-15-2020, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Flowood is an AWESOME place. Gaaa if we could find a municipal/city or private owner building of some kind that's not being used like it sounds like the guys at Flowood did, that would be the way to go. Lease on an existing building big enough to put a track in comes at a ridiculous expense and wouldn't ever make enough to sustain itself. It's no big huge money maker, just enough to keep the lights on. Local business sponsoring the facility is always an option, just takes the right opportunity to get something like that rolling

Old 02-19-2020, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

I live in Lake Charles, and we were regularly driving three hours north to Shreveport to race indoor 1/10 scale. That track closed end of last year and we've all switched gears to 1/8 scale. Our crew would gladly drive 2 hours to race in BR. We raced at Redstick a few times back in the day and would love to have something like that again.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

There's vacant buildings all over BR, some have been that way for years. Wonder if there's any tax incentive to make use of it as a 'non-profit' or something for RC track 🤔😂😂
Old 03-22-2020, 02:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any updates?
Old 08-17-2020, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Any traction on this subject.

Really debating starting something here in Chalmette. I have a contact for something that might could happen.

It would be an Covered outdoor racetrack with an Small Onsite HobbyShop.

Old 08-31-2020, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SwampDog32
Any traction on this subject.

Really debating starting something here in Chalmette. I have a contact for something that might could happen.

It would be an Covered outdoor racetrack with an Small Onsite HobbyShop.
Kenner resident here, highly interested. I generally do a google search a few times a year for Louisiana rc tracks. So glad this popped up. In fact last time I tried to get back into the racing side was when the indoor track in Chalmette was open. Sadly as I was gathering updated items to race with when they had a fire and never reopened. Interested in 1/10 scale and 1/14 classes and I’ve got 4 teens and an about to be 7 year old that would love it. Please keep us updated. I don’t do Facebook but will subscribe to this thread.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

SCR in Destrehan has been much more active as of late. It's an 1/8 scale outdoor track, but they are wanting to make it more 1/10 scale friendly.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by boucher
SCR in Destrehan has been much more active as of late. It's an 1/8 scale outdoor track, but they are wanting to make it more 1/10 scale friendly.
Is there anything online, scheduling and such for SCR?
Old 04-12-2021, 06:33 PM
Tech Rookie

I made an account just so that I could reply to this. Im at LSU and i know a TON of engineering stuents that would dive into this. I volunteer to set up socials on reddit/snapchat/instagram if this gos anywhere. I second what everyone says about 1/10th scale. You could charge a monthly membership fee!
Old 04-12-2021, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Still here waiting to here something too lol. Last regular 1/10 scale racing I did was at Red Stick in Baton Rouge. That was pre lipo and brushless times, at least on the car/buggy racing end of things. Anyway, I’d gladly drive an hour to race and get my kids into it!

I have IG, but not FB, I use my wife’s FB acc for market place and such, but am subscribed here for updates!

How can we help make this happen?