Search
Like Tree2Likes

SmacTrac Raceway, St.Louis, MO

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rripp
Guys, this thread is for smactrac racing, not for rc classifieds. Please use the for sale forums for that. Thanks.
Sorry Rod! I forgot you guys didn't want that in the new thread. I deleted my posts.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had fun last night despite being sick.
That's the first time I have had time to run 3 classes for a race that was not a weekend event.

I am excited to see the transformations that have already begun to make SmacTrac a more organized and professional facility.

Chris and Rod are off to a great start and are quickly learning what it takes to run a successful race program.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

Guys, this thread is for smactrac racing, not for rc classifieds. Please use the for sale forums for that. Thanks.
While it is your sandbox to police as you see fit, seems odd to not allow local items to be seen by local racers. Many post their items in area to be seen by local racers as they want to offer locals a better price and first dibs on items used at the local track. With that said feel free to delete this if you choose or pm me and I'll delete it.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qwkrn U
While it is your sandbox to police as you see fit, seems odd to not allow local items to be seen by local racers. Many post their items in area to be seen by local racers as they want to offer locals a better price and first dibs on items used at the local track. With that said feel free to delete this if you choose or pm me and I'll delete it.
+1

IMO we've never had a problem with this issue.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

I haven't been to the track in awhile. Whats the layout like currently? Are we still doing half oval half offered like in the past or is it full offroad all year round now?
Old 04-26-2015, 11:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1/10 human
I haven't been to the track in awhile. Whats the layout like currently? Are we still doing half oval half offered like in the past or is it full offroad all year round now?
First off, nice profile pic bruh

As far as I know, its close to the Jconcepts layout. I've heard they changed it up a little bit but I'm not positive if any pipes were moved. Pretty sure they aren't doing oval either
Old 04-26-2015, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
First off, nice profile pic bruh

As far as I know, its close to the Jconcepts layout. I've heard they changed it up a little bit but I'm not positive if any pipes were moved. Pretty sure they aren't doing oval either
thanks bud, nice signature

But ahh, thats a bite for the oval guys. Hope to make it down a couple times this summer
Old 04-27-2015, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Scott, much appreciated.

1/10 human-The layout is a modified version of JC layout. Lap times are about the same. We have added a curb or two and will add more to make it a little more forgiving. We are going to make another change or two in May. It will never be oval again.

Wayne and Shannon-The for sale stuff has its own forum. I understand what you are saying, but it does take away from the flow and banter of this thread. Plus a potential racer could look on here and think everyone is just selling stuff and maybe not come and race at all. It is mine and Chris' opinion to not have it on here. It just so happens to be against forum rules.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Anyway, back on topic! lol

Thanks Scott! Big shoes to fill!

Don't forget that this Friday will be the first points night in the JConcepts sponsored spec class!

Any 2wd modified buggy is allowed, but must run black compound JConcepts dirt webs front and rear. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here, at the track, or on facebook here.

Last edited by Baumgartner; 04-27-2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: .
Old 04-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

I haven't had a chance to get on in a while but I'm very glad racing will continue for hopefully years to come. I'm also glad the new ownership decided to continue the Friday night summer program as its hard for me to commit an entire Saturday to rc stuff. So thank you rod & Chris for continuing that.

Its been a bit of a learning curve going from strictly 4 wheel drive vehicles to a 2 wheeler. But with the help of Baumgartner its made it much easier. This TLR is so much fun to drive I almost don't want to drive my 4 wheeler anymore.

So thank you Rod & Chris for your continued efforts.

Also thank you for being patient with my little man.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bedwell1
I haven't had a chance to get on in a while but I'm very glad racing will continue for hopefully years to come. I'm also glad the new ownership decided to continue the Friday night summer program as its hard for me to commit an entire Saturday to rc stuff. So thank you rod & Chris for continuing that.

Its been a bit of a learning curve going from strictly 4 wheel drive vehicles to a 2 wheeler. But with the help of Baumgartner its made it much easier. This TLR is so much fun to drive I almost don't want to drive my 4 wheeler anymore.

So thank you Rod & Chris for your continued efforts.

Also thank you for being patient with my little man.
Thanks Chris. You definitely look like you are having fun with that 22! Your little man is no trouble at all. Wish mine were still little.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

One more thing about the JConcepts Points Series, Baumgartner and I will participate but will NOT be eligible for points.

Last edited by rripp; 04-29-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

One more thing about the JConcepts Points Series, Baumgartner and I will participate but will NOT be eligible for points.
Just curious, why did you guys decide this? It's gonna be less fun battling with you guys knowing it wont matter in the points!
Old 04-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
Just curious, why did you guys decide this? It's gonna be less fun battling with you guys knowing it wont matter in the points!
Two reasons...

Baumgartner and I are both sponsored by JConcepts, so JP really wants someone else to win.

Also, Baum and I just don't have time for two or three classes. I have a T5 now and want to run that so we are going to alternate between the spec and two wheel mod so that means we wont have enough points to be in it at the end.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:33 AM
J_P
Tech Addict

Baumgartner and I are both sponsored by JConcepts, so JP really wants someone else to win.

That's pretty funny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.