Like Tree2Likes

SmacTrac Raceway, St.Louis, MO

Old 04-24-2015, 10:07 AM
  #61  
Tech Master
iTrader: (161)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,841
Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rripp View Post
Guys, this thread is for smactrac racing, not for rc classifieds. Please use the for sale forums for that. Thanks.
Sorry Rod! I forgot you guys didn't want that in the new thread. I deleted my posts.
Chris Gierse is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:15 PM
  #62  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
smac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SmacTrac, St. Louis
Posts: 1,610
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Had fun last night despite being sick.
That's the first time I have had time to run 3 classes for a race that was not a weekend event.

I am excited to see the transformations that have already begun to make SmacTrac a more organized and professional facility.

Chris and Rod are off to a great start and are quickly learning what it takes to run a successful race program.
smac is offline  
Old 04-26-2015, 06:38 PM
  #63  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (133)
 
Qwkrn U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Osage Beach, MO
Posts: 2,452
Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rripp View Post
Guys, this thread is for smactrac racing, not for rc classifieds. Please use the for sale forums for that. Thanks.
While it is your sandbox to police as you see fit, seems odd to not allow local items to be seen by local racers. Many post their items in area to be seen by local racers as they want to offer locals a better price and first dibs on items used at the local track. With that said feel free to delete this if you choose or pm me and I'll delete it.
Qwkrn U is offline  
Old 04-26-2015, 08:28 PM
  #64  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Slash and Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Posts: 1,496
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Qwkrn U View Post
While it is your sandbox to police as you see fit, seems odd to not allow local items to be seen by local racers. Many post their items in area to be seen by local racers as they want to offer locals a better price and first dibs on items used at the local track. With that said feel free to delete this if you choose or pm me and I'll delete it.
+1

IMO we've never had a problem with this issue.
Slash and Burn is offline  
Old 04-26-2015, 10:27 PM
  #65  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
1/10 human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: st. Louis, MO
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I haven't been to the track in awhile. Whats the layout like currently? Are we still doing half oval half offered like in the past or is it full offroad all year round now?
1/10 human is offline  
Old 04-26-2015, 11:29 PM
  #66  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Carter Flotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1/10 human View Post
I haven't been to the track in awhile. Whats the layout like currently? Are we still doing half oval half offered like in the past or is it full offroad all year round now?
First off, nice profile pic bruh

As far as I know, its close to the Jconcepts layout. I've heard they changed it up a little bit but I'm not positive if any pipes were moved. Pretty sure they aren't doing oval either
Carter Flotron is offline  
Old 04-26-2015, 11:56 PM
  #67  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
1/10 human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: st. Louis, MO
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron View Post
First off, nice profile pic bruh

As far as I know, its close to the Jconcepts layout. I've heard they changed it up a little bit but I'm not positive if any pipes were moved. Pretty sure they aren't doing oval either
thanks bud, nice signature

But ahh, thats a bite for the oval guys. Hope to make it down a couple times this summer
1/10 human is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:09 AM
  #68  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: STL
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Scott, much appreciated.

1/10 human-The layout is a modified version of JC layout. Lap times are about the same. We have added a curb or two and will add more to make it a little more forgiving. We are going to make another change or two in May. It will never be oval again.

Wayne and Shannon-The for sale stuff has its own forum. I understand what you are saying, but it does take away from the flow and banter of this thread. Plus a potential racer could look on here and think everyone is just selling stuff and maybe not come and race at all. It is mine and Chris' opinion to not have it on here. It just so happens to be against forum rules.
rripp is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:31 AM
  #69  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 247
Default

Anyway, back on topic! lol

Thanks Scott! Big shoes to fill!

Don't forget that this Friday will be the first points night in the JConcepts sponsored spec class!

Any 2wd modified buggy is allowed, but must run black compound JConcepts dirt webs front and rear. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here, at the track, or on facebook here.

Last edited by Baumgartner; 04-27-2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: .
Baumgartner is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 05:50 PM
  #70  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
bedwell1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 146
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I haven't had a chance to get on in a while but I'm very glad racing will continue for hopefully years to come. I'm also glad the new ownership decided to continue the Friday night summer program as its hard for me to commit an entire Saturday to rc stuff. So thank you rod & Chris for continuing that.

Its been a bit of a learning curve going from strictly 4 wheel drive vehicles to a 2 wheeler. But with the help of Baumgartner its made it much easier. This TLR is so much fun to drive I almost don't want to drive my 4 wheeler anymore.

So thank you Rod & Chris for your continued efforts.

Also thank you for being patient with my little man.
bedwell1 is offline  
Old 04-28-2015, 06:50 AM
  #71  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: STL
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bedwell1 View Post
I haven't had a chance to get on in a while but I'm very glad racing will continue for hopefully years to come. I'm also glad the new ownership decided to continue the Friday night summer program as its hard for me to commit an entire Saturday to rc stuff. So thank you rod & Chris for continuing that.

Its been a bit of a learning curve going from strictly 4 wheel drive vehicles to a 2 wheeler. But with the help of Baumgartner its made it much easier. This TLR is so much fun to drive I almost don't want to drive my 4 wheeler anymore.

So thank you Rod & Chris for your continued efforts.

Also thank you for being patient with my little man.
Thanks Chris. You definitely look like you are having fun with that 22! Your little man is no trouble at all. Wish mine were still little.
rripp is offline  
Old 04-28-2015, 06:53 AM
  #72  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: STL
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

One more thing about the JConcepts Points Series, Baumgartner and I will participate but will NOT be eligible for points.

Last edited by rripp; 04-29-2015 at 06:53 AM.
rripp is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:48 AM
  #73  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Carter Flotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rripp View Post
One more thing about the JConcepts Points Series, Baumgartner and I will participate but will NOT be eligible for points.
Just curious, why did you guys decide this? It's gonna be less fun battling with you guys knowing it wont matter in the points!
Carter Flotron is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 09:13 AM
  #74  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
rripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: STL
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron View Post
Just curious, why did you guys decide this? It's gonna be less fun battling with you guys knowing it wont matter in the points!
Two reasons...

Baumgartner and I are both sponsored by JConcepts, so JP really wants someone else to win.

Also, Baum and I just don't have time for two or three classes. I have a T5 now and want to run that so we are going to alternate between the spec and two wheel mod so that means we wont have enough points to be in it at the end.
rripp is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 10:33 AM
  #75  
J_P
Tech Addict
 
J_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: @ JConcepts
Posts: 662
Default

Originally Posted by rripp View Post

Baumgartner and I are both sponsored by JConcepts, so JP really wants someone else to win.

That's pretty funny
J_P is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.