Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Louis Dirt Burners

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Track is open when the sun comes up. Sign ups start at 11 and racing starts at 1. Last week we had 10 heats and finished up at 9, although we should be able to finish faster this week. Entries fees are 20 for the first class and 5 each additional class for non members. Don't let the internets influence your decision. We all get along fine and have a blast at the track.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah it is always a good time and some good competition I also agree that we should only have one class of each car type just do a resort after the first round if needed but I think mike would set them up good he knows everyone's skill
Old 04-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Originally Posted by rcmania74
You are totally wrong. .. I'd be slower if I had to race with all the fast guys all the time and I know other people the same way simply because we get nervous about messing a race up for a fast guy. .. I've had to listen to too many mouths complaining I messed them up and my attitude doesn't really have tolerance for people saying whatever they want to me over some toy cars...at least in sportsman we all are on the same level...who wants to race in a class they never stand a chance of winning. .. I can't see the fun in that at all.. This conversation seems like it has been on this thread and smac like 50 times lol
Scott, at some point we all have to move over. I do it every race day and I utilize the talent ahead of me. I like to call it "milking their line"

Qualifying is just that. You are racing against the clock and if a faster car comes up on you, you should move off the racing line and allow the faster car to pass. This actually benefits the slower driver as you'll now be able to follow and utilize the faster driver to help your line. If you have a problem moving over then you don't get the "qualifying concept".

Racing is completely different. You should not more over if your racing for position. However, you should move over for cars that are putting you down a lap and you are clearly slowing them down weather it be the lead cars or even mid pack cars.

The racing would actually be tighter and closer if we had just one class. This would stack the cars from fastest to slowest and you would be racing against MORE cars of your ability. I'm sure there are a few "expert" buggy drivers that are closer to your talent. This would give you more of a challenge even if it meant you were racing in the C or B main.

Hell, you might even win a lower main and get to race some more. In 2010 Futaba nitro challenge I qualified in the D and raced all day to the A and finished 6th!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

I can see points everyone makes and respect it all..I wasn't trying to cause any grief but I truly don't want to mess up someone else's race ...I'm just there to have fun and that's why I like sportsman class ...it's more expected like kirk and I last week lol... I have gotten a bit better so I will race wherever you put me... I really don't see what Chris was talking about with our thread either..... we are just discussing some classes is all... actually If I win 2 more sport man races I will move up... expert class is really cool to watch I do know that. .... like me signature says I just wanna have fun and I'm totally drama free this year... OH BY THE WAY. ..my starter box battery for my truck went bad.. anyone got a 3 or 4 cell they wanna sell cheap? ?
Old 04-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raptorman1269
Yeah it is always a good time and some good competition I also agree that we should only have one class of each car type just do a resort after the first round if needed but I think mike would set them up good he knows everyone's skill
I agree with his agree. Lol +1
Old 04-18-2014, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

I need a Tekin rx8 experttrying to set up my speed controland there are some troubleshooting that needs to take place pM me if you can help
Old 04-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
I wasn't going to do it myself...I said I would find someone....Hey Nick...Found someone
Gotcha
Originally Posted by gofast072
Im debating coming over to race with you guys Saturday, but after reading this forum im not sure if it would be worth my 4hr drive one way. What time practice start, whats entry fee, and what time do you finish?
Dont base it off this forum. Usually how we work is we have a perfectly fine race and everything goes smoothly but we get bored by monday morning so we find something to talk about. And absolutley nothing comes from these talks because our race program is fine how it is and everyone has a good time.

Come on out buddy!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coach Townsend
I need a Tekin rx8 experttrying to set up my speed controland there are some troubleshooting that needs to take place pM me if you can help
What's going on with it coach?
Old 04-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Not sure if you have the hotwire or not but make sure you are on right voltage if you have it set up for 2 cell and have a 4 cell in it esc will not calibrate. If you accidentally have it set up for a brushed motor but have in a brushless motor it will not calibrate. End points on radio must be set to highest. If it's a Futaba radio make sure anti lock brake is set to inactive. Just a couple easy things to check out.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by keidel
Not sure if you have the hotwire or not but make sure you are on right voltage if you have it set up for 2 cell and have a 4 cell in it esc will not calibrate. If you accidentally have it set up for a brushed motor but have in a brushless motor it will not calibrate. End points on radio must be set to highest. If it's a Futaba radio make sure anti lock brake is set to inactive. Just a couple easy things to check out.
are you at work today
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

are you at work today
I am not I will pm you my number or have you get in touch with Steve.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Do Any of you with an mp9 have a spur gear I can buy?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDill
Do Any of you with an mp9 have a spur gear I can buy?
With everyone now driving that car I'm sure someone has one, hit up zach I would think he has one
Old 04-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Zack doesn't have one. At least he don't have a 46 tooth.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think I do. I just u replace it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.