Wiki Posts
Search

Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi all,
I am going to HK this week and I will stay at Dorsett Seaview Hotel, I've read that the Hotel is located somewhere in Kowloon, and there's a Mongkok KCR train station nearby the Hotel, is the legendary Kwong Wah street is somewhere nearby?

If so, then I can sneak out for few hours and have some great shopping there for the stuffs I want, thanks...can't wait to go there...
Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cj.g
Hi all,
I am going to HK this week and I will stay at Dorsett Seaview Hotel, I've read that the Hotel is located somewhere in Kowloon, and there's a Mongkok KCR train station nearby the Hotel, is the legendary Kwong Wah street is somewhere nearby?

If so, then I can sneak out for few hours and have some great shopping there for the stuffs I want, thanks...can't wait to go there...
this should help you....Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong-dorsett-kwong-wah.jpg
Old 07-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
this should help you....Attachment 245424
Hi RevMaxx,
Thanks, so I guess Kwong Wah street won't be too far away from my Hotel (located in Shanghai street), perhaps will take a cab there when I'm available, thanks again
Old 07-04-2007, 09:16 AM
rad
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

perhaps will take a cab there when I'm available, thanks again
cab? it's walking distance.... probably less than a 10 minute walk... maybe 15min max...

enjoy your stay in h.k.

oh yeah remember to practice self restraint....

p.s. take a look on page 3 post #76... there's a map with some shops on there...
basically the hobby shops are right beside each other...

Last edited by rad; 07-04-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wolf
Yes, Rcmodel's pricing is stiff, with a good collection of parts and accessory.

Well, my personal experience is that friendly is not the atmosphere of Andy's shop, except you show your deep pocket the moment you enter his shop. Besides, his small shop always fills with his friends and there's no rooms for normal customers. The regular price for regular customer is not attractive, while the price for "friends" is quite competitive. If you buy lots of stuff and know the market price, then Andy's shop maybe a good place to bargain.
when you go to andy lam's action hobbies, he's not friendly as what you say.... this is my personnaly experience. this is the most hongkong people attitude..

Last edited by fast orange; 07-19-2007 at 01:30 AM. Reason: ah
Old 07-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cj.g
Hi RevMaxx,
Thanks, so I guess Kwong Wah street won't be too far away from my Hotel (located in Shanghai street), perhaps will take a cab there when I'm available, thanks again
i suggest you walk to the shops as its not that far... enjoy hongkong's busy street-
just stay at nathan road till you get to dundas street- cant remember if you can cross their though, not all parts of nathan road are crossable as left and right lanes have partitions
taxis in hongkong are quite pricey- would cost you probably flagdown = HKD$15, better save it for like -titanum screws maybe...
enjoy your sneak-out and as Rad suggested: "practice restraint"
Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
i suggest you walk to the shops as its not that far... enjoy hongkong's busy street-
just stay at nathan road till you get to dundas street- cant remember if you can cross their though, not all parts of nathan road are crossable as left and right lanes have partitions
taxis in hongkong are quite pricey- would cost you probably flagdown = HKD$15, better save it for like -titanum screws maybe...
enjoy your sneak-out and as Rad suggested: "practice restraint"

Ya... is just walking distance, do not need to take cab. make sure check pricing every different shop as sometimes the price maybe different within the street.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xscape
for those interested, just to confirm, i have already bought 3pks (pcm) and its is really price at HK$1750. its damn cheap.
but that guy(think owner) quite sucky.

i bought nearly around S$800 items from them and there is this another guy at the cashier asking him(max) whether wanna give discount for me, max said no need. they thought i dont know canto. well, i just keep quiet.

up to u guys to explore......

but there is another guy at the action hobby. his name is Andy Lam. he is good and friendly and his voice abit like Aaron kwok. hahha....
doesnt he look like? keke. yeah, he is friendly. but just like wolf mentioned, his shop is way too small. and always filled with frenz all the time.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elijahbaley
Hi guys,

Just got back from HK a few days back and Kwong Wa street is really amazing. Andy Lam over at Action Hobbies (shop 30b) speaks the best english and if you give him some time, he can get things for you. Bought an Integy digital weight distribution gauge from him.

Got my Team Magic F8 bag at Jet Hobby (Victory avenue and filled with pet shops) and at a really good price too. Saw some F8 bags at Harmony, but they're going fast. I suspect it's the cheaper shipping costs from Taiwan and mainland china. Jodi, the boss lady was out of the Team Magic setup board so I went over to Harmony to get it, along with the Hudy setup sticker sheet.

Other parts for my Losi were bought at RC model. It's a new place with a nice layout.

The entire shopping experience was most enjoyable, the main thing was to get my wife to do her own shopping at the ladies market 2 streets away. Once that was done, I had the whole 3 hours of a Sunday afternoon to myself. Yes, they open on a Sunday, all except GPM.

Regards

Vikingen: The Kyosho shop you wanna go to for your RRR is called Man Lee models (shop15A inside YanOn building). He's good with Kawahara stuff too.
coz i took the last TM setup board!! haha.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tel. no. of Challenger Model Trading in HK.

Hi, Can anyone pls.tell me what is the new tel. no. of Challenger Model Trading in Kwang Hwa St. in Hong Kong? Thanks. I will go to Hong Kong this end of July. my email is [email protected]
Old 07-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

HMMM, what is the BEST KIT to buy at HONG KONG? my mom is there right now, and i want her to get a nice Kyosho STR, but offroad is not popular there, so i doubt they would have one. Have you guys seen many offroad items there? I'll get my mom to go to ACTION HOBBY, since its highly rated. If there is no offroad items, what items would be a good deal there? I was thinking about getting radios, or engines. What brand do they have? And which brands are trustworthy. Do they have STS engines?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nbcaznmaster
HMMM, what is the BEST KIT to buy at HONG KONG? my mom is there right now, and i want her to get a nice Kyosho STR, but offroad is not popular there, so i doubt they would have one. Have you guys seen many offroad items there? I'll get my mom to go to ACTION HOBBY, since its highly rated. If there is no offroad items, what items would be a good deal there? I was thinking about getting radios, or engines. What brand do they have? And which brands are trustworthy. Do they have STS engines?
you would be surprise to see the number of offroad items being sold in HK... as there are tons of them. they even have a shop dedicated for offroad truck aluminum hop-ups... GPM Racing
too bad you won't be there to see these items in person...
Old 07-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Hmm, but what brands are popular there? Of course, there is tamiya and kyosho. The problem is, i have NO CLUE what is in the shop. And if i called, they would probably not describe what they have (unless they KNOW there will be a sale). THe thing is, that my mom is clueless in RC and would have a hell of a time searching for what i wanted.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

anyone know where got sell Team Magic G4S in HK? how much for pro kit?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nbcaznmaster
Hmm, but what brands are popular there? Of course, there is tamiya and kyosho. The problem is, i have NO CLUE what is in the shop. And if i called, they would probably not describe what they have (unless they KNOW there will be a sale). THe thing is, that my mom is clueless in RC and would have a hell of a time searching for what i wanted.

it would be wiser to ask your mom to visit Action Hobby, the shop owner -Andy would probably be able to help her a lot. the shop also has lots of offroad kits... you could just write it down in a piece of paper and let your mom show it to them. they should be able to take care of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.