Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Battlefield RC set-up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Battlefield RC set-up?

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering what set-up yall use for Dion's track because I am having a little understeer on the tight hairpin turn middle section. Could I change my brakes to make the rear end swing around the turn or should I just do more toe-out? Please help me out I have everything else set-up good. I hope to see yall there Sunday!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Talking The 8

On the 8 there seem to be two things, You had a good amount of toe out one day at the track and I told you that was probably too much.... I was wrong! Sorry dude! You should have toe out.. The other thing is the stock servo that comes with the rtr is really not enough tork or speed to get you where you want to be.... I had a chance to test the setup with both configs. Get the right amount of toe out and a high tork/speed servo and your good to go! (in my tested Opinion)
Dirt
Old 09-28-2007, 09:30 PM

lol ok I will change my toe-out back to normal, I think that is all it is... also I already have a really good hitec hi torque servo so u gonna be at Dion's sunday? OH dude my dad bought a portable air compressor which is perfect for cleaning our cars so if you come this weekend you are welcome to use it
Old 10-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default set up

Lane, what do you run in your Diffs? A good steering servo always helps, but I always ran like 2 degrees toe out. Also your camber helps with steering too, try negative 1 camber in the front and negative 2 in the rear and if your car wants to flip over in the corners go to negative 2 in the front also. On the Losi's steering was greatly affected by your ride height, you need to have you buggy filled with fuel just like your going to be starting a race and compress your buggy all the way down and when it springs back up the front should be on about 27 mm's and the rear should be one about 29 mm's. Fill your diffs with 5000 in the front and 6000 in the the center and 3000 in the rear, that is an easier setup to drive with. I usually ran 7000 in the center because it gives you more acceleration out of corners than 6000 but the 6 gives you more traction and makes it easier to drive. Hope this helps!
Old 10-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default Diff

I'm running 7000 in the center, I might try that 6000 config it sounds good!

Dirt
Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah man, little stuff like that changes alot. 6000 in the center should make the car spin out less coming out of corners and it will be better in the rough stuff. The only way I would change back to 7000 if I were you is if the front wheels looked like they were unloading too much.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:57 PM

I currently run the 5-7-2 set-up but I will switch to your recomendations. Also I fixed my steering all it needed was a lil toe-out because I already have a good hitec servo on for steering. I just wish I could of ran the b-main, but some guy decided to turn around on the straight and go the WRONG WAY to get back to the line when she said 1 min... and then creamed the front end of my 8ight ending both of our days and costing me 15 dollars more than i planned on spending
Old 10-01-2007, 02:57 PM

Oh and by the way have I met you yet Garret?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

No I dont think we have met. On the way back from Savannah I talked to like 3 people who were at Dion's and I heard about the head on... that stinks dude!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:38 PM

yea if you want full details read the post near this one that jabari made... it only has one post and it was me... its a pretty good read
Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It was lanes fault
Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default Dude!

Originally Posted by Garrett McKamie
Yeah man, little stuff like that changes alot. 6000 in the center should make the car spin out less coming out of corners and it will be better in the rough stuff. The only way I would change back to 7000 if I were you is if the front wheels looked like they were unloading too much.
Dude I think you are talking about my main problem! When I come out of the corners I fishtail like a moe foe! I have the drake set up... But I power out too much coming out of the corners and my back end likes to get loose! Fortunately
I used to watch The Dukes of Hazzard and I can power slide up outa anythang!
I'm gonna try it!
Gracias
Dirt
Old 10-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default Set Up

That makes the difference between 38 sec laps and 34 sec laps!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:50 AM

I think ill try it also thanks Garret, oh and Dion... ha ha ha very funny...