Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New track in Calhoun Ga

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

let's go this sunday and have some fun !!!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default Racing Schedule

What is the Racing schedule?
When do yall race Nitro and Electric touring?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dcb3628
What is the Racing schedule?
When do yall race Nitro and Electric touring?
There is not a schedule set yet because there is no scoring system but we be there practicing from 10am till. Bring whatever you got(Nitro or Electric cars)Hopefully I see you there Sunday.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hey tc kid you have a pm that I send.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh it's on now! I like the pics of the temp track. We were planning on bringing the AllStar tour there when it opens. But now that it is ready for practice I will see if some of the gang wants to come down early and make some test laps before they are on the schedule.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mxrich
Oh it's on now! I like the pics of the temp track. We were planning on bringing the AllStar tour there when it opens. But now that it is ready for practice I will see if some of the gang wants to come down early and make some test laps before they are on the schedule.
It sounds like a plan to me just keep us posted.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

No prob. We just landed our third track in TN for the series WITH A SWIMMING POOL OF ALL THINGS! We may have lots of races there . Anyhoo, we have been waiting for some word about the Calhoun track and can't wait to bring the F1's there.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

I just came back from checking out the Calhoun track. Very impessive. The on road in the back is really nice even for a temp track. The owner said he may keep it for electrics since they run very well on it. It is really good for touring and 1/12th racing so we will bring the F1 series there asap. The spot for the nitro track he is building is HUGE! He could put a 100' by 150' there and have plenty of room for parking around it. It also has the longest dirt oval I have ever seen. The off road will be part of it using the infield and oval. A covered pit area that is also huge, probably could get 50 pits in there easy. Cushioned folding theater seats will be placed on the back of the building so people can watch the races. All kinds of rooms there to separate the r/c hobby from the slot car rooms, model area, boat,planes. A secure area for locals to work on projects that will be locked at night to keep them safe. A party room for kids that has slotcars to race with a prep area for the parents to get the food ready and cleanup when it's over. 5 bathrooms I think is what he said and one is a a handicapped only. The building in front will have a deli style restaurant also.A huge playground for the kids that is fenced for the r/c cars. Even more than this but I am lost from it right now. They owners there are building an r/c mecca it looks like that will be open 7 days a week. WHEW! They want to have an on road race on the 11th on the temp track. It figures, that is the first race of the series that will be in Chattanooga. The AllStar tour will be in Calhoun at the first chance we get and can't wait to make some laps there.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey MXrich since you race F1 can you help me set mine up one day. I still just have the tamiya chassis with few upgrades. I dont know where to sat. If you dont mind I can meet you at Calhaun one saturday and we can just go at it.
But they gotta get a scoring system before we can race there. Hope they get one soon.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Which car do you have? Is it the 201 or F103? Setups are actually pretty easy on both of them. Go to formula1-rc.com and they have setup sheet on both cars in the articles I think. The forums are loaded with info. As for the 201 the only thing is to have the lightweight diff set and type A tires. That's the basic stuff for it. Then just set the pushrods for rideheight and GO! Everything else is good as far as hopups and some are better than others. The F103 is just a land missle. Even though it is a simple car small changes make a BIG difference. Since you are in Atlanta our next series race is at the sugarbowl soon. I will pm to let you know when we will be there and you can talk to other Tamiya people. The MLP guys will offer all the help you need also cause that's what they do. Also, check mlpmotorsports.net.The setups on those cars are similar to the Tamiya 4wd if that is what you are racing. As far as scoring they do have the program so they can race without the transponders. I told them if they do not have one when the series comes to them I will bring mine to run the race with it.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

I almost forgot. I'll get hold of GT40, he lives in Calhoun and drives a 201. I'll get him to post here about metting you at the track.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

ok cool thanks...i have been looking at the mlp cars and thinking about getting one to run since i dont think tamiya will be holding any races here soon. Yeah i drive a f201. I love it but cant get it to handle like i like it too.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Will the track be open during the week for practice? Looking forward to checking out Primetime Hobby.

Chad - When will you be back out at the Calhoun track?
Old 06-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

thinking about this saturday the 10 i will be runnng my buggy and hopefully my tc and maybe my f1 car just want to have some fun there
Old 06-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

I wonder how many people will be there on Saturday to run TC?

I'll see if I can make it on Saturday afternoon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.