Search

ORCCC

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ljh501
What are people using for tires here?

Thanks in advance.
Same as I posted for Lake City. Double Dees have worked well for me. Hole Shots work well also. This track will get a nice packed groove also that will allow Bar Codes or the like. Not that I have tried them, but AKA GridIrons have been recommended by a couple, but tire choice depends on driving style as well.

This track is different from Lake City in that there IS electric onsite and covered pit areas. However, there is not water that I have seen. The water is turned off unless its a race day, which makes practicing here different then racing here. I hope that I am wrong about the water, but last time I went on an off day, the water was not on.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by probenator
Racing has been moved to Sundays @ 1, registration at 12. Check the website calendar for updates.

However the forum host errors out when trying to sign up in order to post on the forum. (This has been fixed)
So can someone give us an update on the support so far for the new time? I love running there but the new time on Sunday interferes with Church due to being an hours drive for me and my son.

Any thoughts on pushing back the time to 2pm on Sunday or even running on Saturday nights?
I can't speak for anyone else... but Saturday night used to my race night way back when in South Florida and would work great for me again.

My .02
Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Hmmm.. need a rain barrel!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ljh501
I can't speak for anyone else... but Saturday night used to my race night way back when in South Florida and would work great for me again.

My .02
I really enjoyed the Friday night races. They worked perfectly for my schedule, however the guy running the scoring system took on a second job and could no longer do Friday nights.

I dont know what the reasoning is about not racing Saturday evenings, but I can only assume that it is because of the Saturday afternoon racing at NewRed Hobbies, which I can understand why they would not want to interfere with their schedule.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Nice to meet everyone who was there Sunday. I look forward to coming out more often and racing with you all.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How many people are comming out now . I'll prob. Be there fri it is just to hot in the middle of the day and hard to make it after church. Glad its back to fri nite
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you guys still running everyday practice? And do you run nitro races. Buggy truggy and Sc? Thanks!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LosiRacer163
Are you guys still running everyday practice? And do you run nitro races. Buggy truggy and Sc? Thanks!
The track is always open. It's at a public park. As far as nitro goes, not sure. I have never seen them race intros, but I understand that they will race just about anything if at least 3 of a class show up.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

For any interested, Ocala R/C Car Club, ORCCC.ORG, is racing on Friday nights @ 7:00pm. No more Sunday races. The turnouts have been good and the popular classes are Mod 2wd Short Course, Mod 2wd Buggy, Mod 4wd Short Course and Novice classes. It costs $10 for the first class, $5 for the second class and free for additional classes. So for $15 max you can race all the classes you want. The regulars are great guys who love the hobby and are there to race and have fun. They are willing to help newbies in any way they can and the racing atmosphere is very relaxed. The weather has been beautiful and the track has been great. I love NewRed and the faculty over there, however Friday night racing just works better for me and my family. The beauty is that you can come race on Friday night and still have money to go racing again on Saturday at NewRed.

I encourage any and all who have not made out there to go check it out. It's a lot of fun.

This is not their official forum, but honestly their official forum is not that great. RCTECH.NET is the best forum for R/C.

For some recent videos of the racing and the track, checkout my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eature=mh_lolz
Old 01-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Nice track

Layout looks like a lot of fun and good size. Would definitely lke to make it up for a race some time! All the best in keeping the track going!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Friday Night racing. 2-23-2013.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

If all goes well today at work, we are going to try and make it down. What time do the gates open?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lance76
If all goes well today at work, we are going to try and make it down. What time do the gates open?
James is usually there by 4 or 5 at the latest to open the gate.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (79%+)

What is this I here they are trying to shut this track down ? Y ? In my eyes this is the best track around, yea the layout needs to change for people to gain interest again. It is a real offroad track , not a on road track with bumps .