Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Dirt switched teams?  Kinwald goes to Tekin? >

The Dirt switched teams? Kinwald goes to Tekin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

The Dirt switched teams? Kinwald goes to Tekin?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Antonio Sabato
WOW

DuraTrax/Tekin in 2006!
Old 12-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
I'm waiting for Tekin to release an ALL NEW product that doesn't resemble any of their early 1990's offerings before considering a purchase.

That single act will make me feel safe spending my dough on a Tekin product.

Its to bad you think that way..Your only hurting yourself.. Im curious why does something have to look totally different to work better??? If you look at your rc history Tekin has Always been the flagship when performance was needed.. the out lasted and out performed evey other esc in there era.. There still doing it today..
Old 12-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Barracuda Man
Who knows, maybe Tekin will release a new smaller sized ESC. BK will be a great spokesperson for the Company.

Why do they need a smaller esc?? weigh a GTX with cap, and weigh a Tekin G10/G11.. the Gtx weighs more. a few grams more..
Old 12-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

In the end, in some ways these guys are right, the G10 and 11 are of the OLD Tekin from Keving Orton, but only the footprint and general outlay inside the case. A good part of the circuitry is new and the components are Definately top quality. You just got to look at what is in development at the moment.

10th Brushless system, 18th mini Brushed system, charger, 18th cell equaliser (not seen ANY of them yet form anywhere else), they have also brought out the 10th scale Equaliser which is far better than anything I have tried and the 18th brushless system is AWESOME.

You have got to give Tekin a chance, it started well, Kev Orton is no longer anything to do with Tekin YET the new people are looking after the guys with the old stuff to, like doing an upgrade for chargers to do NiMH.

I think Brian Kinwald has seen the future, and the future is Tekin, whether he is racing or not at international level, I think Brian can give feedback and give the Tekin name some much needed higher level of publicity it deserves.

So, before you neigh sayers put Tekin down, give them a chance to see what the new owners can do.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burbs
Its to bad you think that way..Your only hurting yourself.. Im curious why does something have to look totally different to work better??? If you look at your rc history Tekin has Always been the flagship when performance was needed.. the out lasted and out performed evey other esc in there era.. There still doing it today..

I'm simply waiting for Tekin to prove to me that they'll stay around for good this time. I don't trust a company that just re-emerges from the grave and pedals rebadged / older products. Novak obviously destroyed Tekin back in the early 90's. Now they are simply re-releasing old product. That tells me that they lack certain production capabilities at the moment. Of course once they produce an all new charger with modern capabilities, I'll begin to look at Tekin as a serious competitor.

Just my opinion of course.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Novak obviously destroyed Tekin back in the early 90's.

Novak didn't destroy Tekin, Tekin destroyed Tekin. Ask anyone that's ever had a conversation with Mr. Orton
Old 12-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

the mini-RAGE is an all new product, and so is the 10th Brushless in testing at the moment, and the battery equaliser. They bought the rights to Tekin, and rather than sitting on it for a couple of years to develope new stuff, they upgraded older stuff in the meantime developing new stuff. The new owners are not going anywhere and are in it for the long haul.

I guess you best watch their website and listen for future releases.

As for old tech, my G11 is as good as ANY of the latest esc's and just SO easy to program.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
the mini-RAGE is an all new product, and so is the 10th Brushless in testing at the moment, and the battery equaliser. They bought the rights to Tekin, and rather than sitting on it for a couple of years to develope new stuff, they upgraded older stuff in the meantime developing new stuff. The new owners are not going anywhere and are in it for the long haul.

I guess you best watch their website and listen for future releases.

As for old tech, my G11 is as good as ANY of the latest esc's and just SO easy to program.

I'm just waiting...
Old 12-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Matt H is so correct. I never met the guy personally, but anyone you speak to that was around (and knew what was actually going on) will tell you the same. Electronic guru - yes. Business man???
Old 12-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

I'm with Soviet on this one. Until they come out with a micro ESC, I'm staying away.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm simply waiting for Tekin to prove to me that they'll stay around for good this time. I don't trust a company that just re-emerges from the grave and pedals rebadged / older products. Novak obviously destroyed Tekin back in the early 90's. Now they are simply re-releasing old product. That tells me that they lack certain production capabilities at the moment. Of course once they produce an all new charger with modern capabilities, I'll begin to look at Tekin as a serious competitor.

Soviet,

Matt Howard is right on with his statement. Mr. Orton was not a businessman at all and Novak just pushed Tekin to produce better products. The G11 is a new speedo. Just because it looks very similar to its predecessors does not mean a thing. It is the circuitry and the software that makes the difference.

I also have met and know the new owner very well and am involved with their product development outside of the fine state of Idaho.

Remember you are only as good as your competition.

So Soviet, your premise for your opinion is severely flawed!!! (J/K)
Old 12-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Tekin products are awesome, BK is a great addition.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

hmmm, I know I'm getting of the subject, but I'm waiting for BK to switch to Kyosho. He will have a chance to become the first to win the worlds for 3 different makers.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Novak didn't destroy Tekin, Tekin destroyed Tekin. Ask anyone that's ever had a conversation with Mr. Orton
Yup...I have heard the stories

I started out with a Tekin ESC 300 almost 20 years ago. I had 411's, P12's and G12's. They were all great and never failed.

I am pulling for them but like other racers I would like to see some new era stuff. KO and Keyence have really raised the bar as to want a speedo can do and they are very small foot print units. I know Tekin can do it....they just need to do it.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

In my opinion, Tekin is doing a great job. They were gone for awhile but now they are back and in full force. I've seen first hand what the new G11 can do. The footprint is a little big, so what? I understand that the car manufacturers are producing more narrow chassis. But Tekin doesn't require a diode or cap to run. These all take up space. Tekin supports their drivers. A few of the TEAM drivers race at my home track, they rave about the "family atmosphere". When they have a question or idea they talk to the BOSS. Can't say this is true of every other manufacture!! And as far as commitment? Hello!!! Just signed MR. DIRT!! They must be serious and thinking long term. As for me I ask, "Need any Team drivers?" Keep up the good work Tekin!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.