Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a FAST CAR

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Looking for a FAST CAR

Hi I am looking for a 100mph+ car, can I achieve this with a RC car or will I need a Nitro car
Old 05-25-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Traxxas XO-1 and an Apple I-phone.....DONE.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:37 AM
Tech Lord

And get a dustpan, after your 1st drive you will need it.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by makmc
Hi I am looking for a 100mph+ car, can I achieve this with a RC car or will I need a Nitro car
First of all, RC is not the opposite of nitro.

And although nitro is not needed for speeds like this, knowing what you're doing actually is. So, if you are as new to RC cars as it seems, I would not recommend to start with such a car.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
And get a dustpan, after your 1st drive you will need it.
Yeah....I forgot the broom and dust pan. He will also need an airport runway to get it up to speed.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirkW
First of all, RC is not the opposite of nitro.

And although nitro is not needed for speeds like this, knowing what you're doing actually is. So, if you are as new to RC cars as it seems, I would not recommend to start with such a car.
Listen to the people!
If that's your first car, we understand the idea of 100mph. But like said being the first RC is a mistake. There are several considerations in real life to be made for such a RC.

-Undrivable and most useless for daily use (when you are starting)
-You need to find a spot with clean and smooth asphalt only to drive it and with no 1:1 cars or people around (that's the dificult part!!)
-It is very hard to control such a beast, with being the first RC
-Probably you only break parts doing it, mostly transmissions

But if it's your thing, go ahead!! Never let down a people's dream...just tell him the steps and consequences...
If that's not your first RC...you can build one much better then the X01 out of the box... search for high end track machines...like Serpent 977 or Xray XR8...and go bezerk....

To be honest a 1/8 RC passing +110kmh is outgregarous!! I am searching speed's with buggys and only manage to it 139kmh yet!
I use buggys cause they are better to handle real life situations with debris,small rocks or holes on pavement....where a GT RC will just flip into the air and broke into pieces!! A buggy take the hole or debris and keep going like nothing! But that's jsut me. For youtube world record you need a GT!!

This video is mine:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And this video is not mine, but is the most +170 mph RC i know!! :P Beside's Nic Case! lol

As for the Gas/nitro dilema, only brushless power will get you there! Fuel engines on Rc's will never ever have the torque or speed a "trifasic=brushless" do.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 100mph out of the box

Originally Posted by makmc
Hi makmc there is a car that can do 100mph out of the box its called the Traxxas xo 1, but you will need some additional parts plus someone to show you how to make the Traxxas xo 1 do 100mph.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I never understood the desire for a car that can go really fast but only in a straight line. I mean, after about 2 times running, it would bore the crap out of me. Whats the point of just going back and forth really fast until something fails and the car is destroyed?
Old 05-27-2016, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
I never understood the desire for a car that can go really fast but only in a straight line. I mean, after about 2 times running, it would bore the crap out of me. Whats the point of just going back and forth really fast until something fails and the car is destroyed?
So 200 spins around the same corner of 60meters track with a straigh of 15 meters is your goal making love to the suspension orings, Nice.
Respect the others that seek speed and control it doing it, on straights around 300meters, as you do it on corners....

There will be always peoples tastes, and RC's for whatever people will do with them.... an Buggy can Crawl, can track, can jump, can speed...but theres is always a specific one for those jobs...

I do like tracks, and personally have a miniz track at my garage that most weekends i use if for 2 to 3 hours. It's bigger then most miniz tracks i have seen

+ YouTube Video

But my personal quest is doing speed rc's till batery is out....not just a youtube heroic pass!

Like i said before...if his is first RC....he must start somewhat slow...otherwise it will not stay on the GAME and get bored fast! As do parts do break, need time to wrench, and need to buy parts most of the times!! :P

The OFNA/HOBAO/HONG NOR X3 GT is a good option, to... and pretty cheap!
Old 05-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Um, yeah its called racing / competition where you have to make an effort on set up. Far more fun to me than ZOOOOMMMM...turn around.....ZOOOOMMMM....turn around.....ZOOOOMMM.....turn around....yawn.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Too easy with cars. Get a gas boat to 100+mph!

But stretched touring cars seem to the hot ticket, although, I'd stretch a 1/8th scale nitro onroad car instead, and convert it to electric.

The easiest speed fix is to just find someone else to prep the pavement. Try to find a local dragster club:

Last edited by Zerodefect; 05-27-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A parking lot, a traxxas DTS-1 and a bunch of friends is a really good time.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hobby got something for everyone. Some like going fast in straight line.

What size area do you have? Yeah the XO-1 will get to a 100. Gonna need space. Never been above 75 with mine. Plus need space to stop.
1/8 buggy is really stable. Not hard to get speed and be stable.
My Traxxas Rally, with Mamba system will pass 50mph in 100feet on 4s. Have yet to get run on 6s before it flips. Got tires for that now.