Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Suspended

hey thanks >> xxSLiMxx, MD, mailboxck

@ xxSLiMxx - yeah that's one way of solving it, but we have a gentleman's agreement that we will only run on "silvercan"

@mailboxck & MD - so I can play around on a 58T spur, depends on the track.
yeah better try that
Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Electric Gecko tyres can give you the ultimate grip when used as an option to improve the performance of the Tamiya TT-01 E Type Electric Touring car.

Anyone interested should read the see the Radio Race Car International magazine (May edition) article when these tyres (37 shore front and 35 shore rear Gecko Electric Foam standard profile tyres) replaced the fastest option from a top rubber tyre brand. The magazine said they 'cropped a further 2 seconds off of the lap time and brought a new level of confidence and accuracy to the racing line and despite a full 20 minute run ....there was no perceivable wear...the Gecko foam rubber compound is simply amazing, offering grip whilst minimising wear...'

The actual product codes of those tyres used are AR10FE035 and AR10FE037 which are available from Amainhobbies.com see 'on road 1/10th foams'

You can download a PDF (courtesy of RRCI) of the article by going to the web site adamsracing.co.uk and clicking on the top item of 'Racetrack News' on the home page.

Drivers of TT-01's may now have a foam tyre to grip and last on asphalt and carpet
Old 06-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Richie ARL
Electric Gecko tyres can give you the ultimate grip when used as an option to improve the performance of the Tamiya TT-01 E Type Electric Touring car.

Anyone interested should read the see the Radio Race Car International magazine (May edition) article when these tyres (37 shore front and 35 shore rear Gecko Electric Foam standard profile tyres) replaced the fastest option from a top rubber tyre brand. The magazine said they 'cropped a further 2 seconds off of the lap time and brought a new level of confidence and accuracy to the racing line and despite a full 20 minute run ....there was no perceivable wear...the Gecko foam rubber compound is simply amazing, offering grip whilst minimising wear...'

The actual product codes of those tyres used are AR10FE035 and AR10FE037 which are available from Amainhobbies.com see 'on road 1/10th foams'

You can download a PDF (courtesy of RRCI) of the article by going to the web site adamsracing.co.uk and clicking on the top item of 'Racetrack News' on the home page.

Drivers of TT-01's may now have a foam tyre to grip and last on asphalt and carpet
So, how long you been working for GECKO tires??
Old 06-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcjunk-yard
So, how long you been working for GECKO tires??
I kinda notice too that there's been a few guys in the forum promoting GECKO tires like an infomercial on TV. Haven't tried them yet but seems like all their testimonials are "scripted".
Old 07-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I am trying to find a good gearing balance for my 2nd TT-01 kit. I bought two kits used recently, and I've been hard at work building them up for drifting. Both of the kits were used and I got good deals on them. One of them has a Reedy Spec 19d motor on it, and the gearing seems to be either a 55t or 58t (I think 55) hopup set with a 25t pinion with the motor mount modified to make it fit. The power delivery on this car is awesome. It drifts and spins the tires so easily and there is loads of mid range and topend when you need it.

I have a Reedy 17t and Ko Propo vfs-fr coming in for the other car, but it still has stock gearing on it. I am wondering if I should replicate the gearing on the other car.. or do anything different because of the motor turn difference? Any help would be appreciated. I have some pics to post of my progress, but the forum says I need a certain number of posts before I can link (hosted images) to a website.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Suspended

Default much faster now

Thanks to >> MD, Rcjunk-yard, mailboxck & xxSLiMxx , your tip on going brushless, reminded me of my motor, not being water dipped for a couple of months, ...anyway I'm still on 61T spur but change it to 22T pinion, accelaration is great, and after water dipping my motor....WOW!!

thanks you guys
Old 07-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Angry

does any one have issues of front tyres being eaten up with 55/25 setup if i run slicks i have to change the front tyres after two runs because there will be a split or so much wear that they are no longer useable.
yesterday i lost the centre of the tyre only after one run the tyres are glued on to the rim. it has happened to near all tyres i put on and im really never going to use foam tyres again as they just made a mess.

and here is a picture how it looks now older picture <-----
Old 07-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Rookie

I searched this thread, so I hope I didn't miss it, but:

What's the difference between the TT01 and the TB03?

They're both shaft driven 4WD cars. That's all I've been able to gleam from the Tamiya website.

Thanks,
Donovan
Old 07-13-2009, 07:35 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I don't know a lot about the TB03. It comes in an IFS version chassis. The motor is on the opposite side. The original was the TB01. It's not bases on the same chassis as the TT01. It comes with more standard features such as ball diffs, adjustable camber and caster, adjustable tie rods, oil shocks, aluminum motor mount, and bearings I think. It's more expensive. You can go to Tamiya's web site or Tower Hobbies and get the information.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MD
It comes with more standard features such as ball diffs, adjustable camber and caster, adjustable tie rods, oil shocks, aluminum motor mount, and bearings I think.
MD,

Thanks for that info! When I went back to compare the pictures again, I now see that the TT01 looks a lot less adjustable.

This new article that Tamiya put up about the TT-01 vs. the TT-01E is a pretty interesting read. I'd link it, but I'm not allowed yet: tamiyausa[dot]com/articles/feature.php?article-id=415

Still not sure which I'm more interested in, but at least now I know.

Thanks again,
Donovan
Old 07-13-2009, 12:26 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Donovan,
You could also check out the price of the hop ups for the TT01E and TT01. I have a TT01 and a TT01E. The E has beefer steering knuckles, the chassis stiffener, and the shock towers and diff covers are separate. There's not a lot of difference. The TB03 is a racing chassis. If you are considering a TT01, you may want to take a look at this web site, http://www.rocousa.com/tamiyasale.htm. You can get a TT01 with a pre-painted body very reasonably.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by depressedbunny
does any one have issues of front tyres being eaten up with 55/25 setup if i run slicks i have to change the front tyres after two runs because there will be a split or so much wear that they are no longer useable.
yesterday i lost the centre of the tyre only after one run the tyres are glued on to the rim. it has happened to near all tyres i put on and im really never going to use foam tyres again as they just made a mess.

and here is a picture how it looks now older picture <-----
What tires are you using? What type of surface are you running on and lastly, what motor are you running. One run for one set of tires is waay to much for a TT01. Biggest question is, do you have inserts in your tires.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mailboxck
What tires are you using? What type of surface are you running on and lastly, what motor are you running. One run for one set of tires is waay to much for a TT01. Biggest question is, do you have inserts in your tires.
tamiya slicks with inserts, im running in carparks in the picture is what im normaly running on, im using a 21t motor.

if i use tamiya off road tyres i can use them over and over again till they are bald. i took the tyres back to the shop where i got them from lucky i know the guy in the shop and told him, he gave me 8 tyres for free, don't i need to say i have not many left
Old 07-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

One thing to consider is how you drive. If you're running on a rough surfaced empty parking lot, surely tire wear will be a more than usual. If you could try, run the cheap Tamiya Slicks or Radials and put inserts. I don't know the Part Number but those last quite a long time especially when they're old and hard.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

i found the problem the camber was off so i set it up and now i have less wear and can keep the tyres on for 9 or 10 runs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.