R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #1321
Tech Regular
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

KnightsCross,

Could you tell me the part numbers, of the CF shoc towers that you have used? I am unable to find them.

Kevin
kavadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #1322
Tech Master
 
KREATOR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KREATOR1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights Cross View Post
Has beaten some 416 and cyclones on fun race getting crazy and planning to enter this car on a stock class open race soon

if i suceed, will post setup
please let me know you setup later,...

thanks
__________________
TA04ss / TA04TRF / TB EvoIII/ TB02 /DF02 / M03L / TRF414m2 / TRF415 / TRF415MS / TRF415MSX / MRE
KREATOR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #1323
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia.
Posts: 1,343
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights Cross View Post
I have not break any of my 55, 58 or 61 spurs. Your breakage could be due to wrong A,B,C or D motor slot, worn out chasis motor mount slot or worn out motor mount cap.
My problem is that I'm running 22/61 and according to everything I've seen the engine is supose to be mounted in position D but it doesn't mesh at all. The best spot I've found (only after posting last night) has been B on the mount and A on the engine. It seems like I have finally the best spot for the engine, only time will tell. But its really quiet and quick at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
Nice GT40! Who makes it?
Its a HPI Racing Ford GT body 200mm, it stands out from the other cars when I'm racing. I like to be different.
__________________
Team Associated B5m | Team Associated T5m | Team Associated TC6 | Team Associated TC5x
Scooter79rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #1324
Tech Elite
 
raffaelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the Brave
Posts: 2,907
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights Cross View Post
Has beaten some 416 and cyclones on fun race getting crazy and planning to enter this car on a stock class open race soon

if i suceed, will post setup

Base TT-01 with bearings. Able to beat all other cars on any day.
__________________
24ITA
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #1325
Tech Adept
 
On-Road-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Just a question

Hey i have been in electric touring cars for a while now, i currently have a yokomo ssg and wanting to get something newer but im not looking to spend a truck load, anyway i was wondering is the tt01 a good durable car and can it compete with other cars?

Cheers George
__________________
Sakura XI HobbyWing-Spektrum-Savox
Sakura F113 HobbyWing-Spektrum-Savox-Venom
Team Pink
On-Road-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #1326
Tech Regular
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by On-Road-Boy View Post
Hey i have been in electric touring cars for a while now, i currently have a yokomo ssg and wanting to get something newer but im not looking to spend a truck load, anyway i was wondering is the tt01 a good durable car and can it compete with other cars?

Cheers George
Compare the SSG to the TT-01. The SSG wins hands down, unless you spend close to or more than the price of the SSG on hopups.
You would more likely compare your SSG with a Tamiya EVO5.


Kevin
kavadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #1327
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Perth, Australia.
Posts: 1,343
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by On-Road-Boy View Post
Hey i have been in electric touring cars for a while now, i currently have a yokomo ssg and wanting to get something newer but im not looking to spend a truck load, anyway i was wondering is the tt01 a good durable car and can it compete with other cars?

Cheers George
It is possible to compete with a TT01, it really depends on your driving. I won races at the Littlehampton track when it was stock against much faster 27T cars. That being said the TT01 lacks the ability to be adjusted in stock form, the only adjusting that is possible to do is oil weight in the shocks, which depending on what TT01 model you get will depend if you get oil shocks or friction shocks.
__________________
Team Associated B5m | Team Associated T5m | Team Associated TC6 | Team Associated TC5x
Scooter79rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #1328
Tech Apprentice
 
Knights Cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 88
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavadni View Post
KnightsCross,

Could you tell me the part numbers, of the CF shoc towers that you have used? I am unable to find them.

Kevin

TT01E Carbon Damper Stay (Front) OP1059 = 54059
TT01E Carbon Damper Stay (Rear) OP1060 = 54060

*Only M-Chasis Damper set can be used with this part.
Knights Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #1329
Tech Regular
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights Cross View Post
TT01E Carbon Damper Stay (Front) OP1059 = 54059
TT01E Carbon Damper Stay (Rear) OP1060 = 54060

*Only M-Chasis Damper set can be used with this part.
Rather than buy a set of m-chassis dampers, do you think it's feasible to use 2 x rear damper stays? Would this give the same geometry as a normal kit?

Also, what is the deal where they say you can't use the adjustable rear camber arms with the rear stay?

If you still have them, is there any chance of getting a scan of the instructions that come with the damper stays? Currently, I am using the original combined stay and gear box cover with 3Racing CF reinforcement.


Kevin

Last edited by kavadni; 11-07-2008 at 07:00 PM.
kavadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #1330
Tech Apprentice
 
Knights Cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 88
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavadni View Post
Rather than buy a set of m-chassis dampers, do you think it's feasible to use 2 x rear damper stays? Would this give the same geometry as a normal kit?

Also, what is the deal where they say you can't use the adjustable rear camber arms with the rear stay?

If you still have them, is there any chance of getting a scan of the instructions that come with the damper stays? Currently, I am using the original combined stay and gear box cover with 3Racing CF reinforcement.


Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The CF stay sits lower thus making the suspension play length shorter. I dont think its feasible to use 2x rear damper stay as it would affect the geomentry / fittings. The single piece is strong enough to handle impacts. The only good thing bout the CF stay is that it has more slots and the suspension can lean at more degree.

I am using the adjustable rear camber arms now.

I dont have the instructions with me anymore but its very easy to fix on, just a direct replacement from the kit original .

Hope it answers your questions
Knights Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #1331
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: sg
Posts: 100
Default

Anyone using Yeah Racing ultimate Brainpower ESC 25A + 12T sensorless brushless combo with their TT-01 here? If not, any comments?

Thanks!
vSgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #1332
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights Cross View Post
Hi Kevin,

The CF stay sits lower thus making the suspension play length shorter. I dont think its feasible to use 2x rear damper stay as it would affect the geomentry / fittings. The single piece is strong enough to handle impacts. The only good thing bout the CF stay is that it has more slots and the suspension can lean at more degree.

I am using the adjustable rear camber arms now.

I dont have the instructions with me anymore but its very easy to fix on, just a direct replacement from the kit original .

Hope it answers your questions
I think he means use a rear cf stay on the front & a rear cf stay on the rear, instead of having to buy the M chassis dampers so he can use original length TT01 dampers...
Drift Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #1333
Tech Regular
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Demon View Post
I think he means use a rear cf stay on the front & a rear cf stay on the rear, instead of having to buy the M chassis dampers so he can use original length TT01 dampers...
Yes That is what I wondering
kavadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #1334
Tech Apprentice
 
Knights Cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 88
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

yes, you can use the rear cf on the front. This way, you dont have to get the M chasis dampers but less slot for adjustment.
Damn, why didnt i think of that in the first place....
Knights Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #1335
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Awesome, cause im pretty keen on getting the rear damper stays to fit on my CF'd TT to complete it!!
Drift Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the forum mig rod Electric Off-Road 1 01-05-2008 05:23 PM
hi i need help and im new to the forum racer4 Rookie Zone 4 01-21-2007 02:37 PM
Why is this forum listed under the On Road Forum? sport10 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 0 01-11-2007 08:06 AM
Forum Changes... futureal Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 3 10-28-2002 09:26 PM


Tags
drift


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0