Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

KnightsCross,

Could you tell me the part numbers, of the CF shoc towers that you have used? I am unable to find them.

Kevin
Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Knights Cross
Has beaten some 416 and cyclones on fun race getting crazy and planning to enter this car on a stock class open race soon

if i suceed, will post setup
please let me know you setup later,...

thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have not break any of my 55, 58 or 61 spurs. Your breakage could be due to wrong A,B,C or D motor slot, worn out chasis motor mount slot or worn out motor mount cap.
My problem is that I'm running 22/61 and according to everything I've seen the engine is supose to be mounted in position D but it doesn't mesh at all. The best spot I've found (only after posting last night) has been B on the mount and A on the engine. It seems like I have finally the best spot for the engine, only time will tell. But its really quiet and quick at the moment.

Originally Posted by raffaelli
Nice GT40! Who makes it?
Its a HPI Racing Ford GT body 200mm, it stands out from the other cars when I'm racing. I like to be different.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Has beaten some 416 and cyclones on fun race getting crazy and planning to enter this car on a stock class open race soon

if i suceed, will post setup

Base TT-01 with bearings. Able to beat all other cars on any day.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Just a question

Hey i have been in electric touring cars for a while now, i currently have a yokomo ssg and wanting to get something newer but im not looking to spend a truck load, anyway i was wondering is the tt01 a good durable car and can it compete with other cars?

Cheers George
Old 11-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by On-Road-Boy
Hey i have been in electric touring cars for a while now, i currently have a yokomo ssg and wanting to get something newer but im not looking to spend a truck load, anyway i was wondering is the tt01 a good durable car and can it compete with other cars?

Cheers George
Compare the SSG to the TT-01. The SSG wins hands down, unless you spend close to or more than the price of the SSG on hopups.
You would more likely compare your SSG with a Tamiya EVO5.

Kevin
Old 11-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by On-Road-Boy

Cheers George
It is possible to compete with a TT01, it really depends on your driving. I won races at the Littlehampton track when it was stock against much faster 27T cars. That being said the TT01 lacks the ability to be adjusted in stock form, the only adjusting that is possible to do is oil weight in the shocks, which depending on what TT01 model you get will depend if you get oil shocks or friction shocks.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kavadni
KnightsCross,

Could you tell me the part numbers, of the CF shoc towers that you have used? I am unable to find them.

Kevin

TT01E Carbon Damper Stay (Front) OP1059 = 54059
TT01E Carbon Damper Stay (Rear) OP1060 = 54060

*Only M-Chasis Damper set can be used with this part.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

TT01E Carbon Damper Stay (Front) OP1059 = 54059
TT01E Carbon Damper Stay (Rear) OP1060 = 54060

*Only M-Chasis Damper set can be used with this part.
Rather than buy a set of m-chassis dampers, do you think it's feasible to use 2 x rear damper stays? Would this give the same geometry as a normal kit?

Also, what is the deal where they say you can't use the adjustable rear camber arms with the rear stay?

If you still have them, is there any chance of getting a scan of the instructions that come with the damper stays? Currently, I am using the original combined stay and gear box cover with 3Racing CF reinforcement.

Kevin

Last edited by kavadni; 11-07-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kavadni
Rather than buy a set of m-chassis dampers, do you think it's feasible to use 2 x rear damper stays? Would this give the same geometry as a normal kit?

Also, what is the deal where they say you can't use the adjustable rear camber arms with the rear stay?

If you still have them, is there any chance of getting a scan of the instructions that come with the damper stays? Currently, I am using the original combined stay and gear box cover with 3Racing CF reinforcement.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The CF stay sits lower thus making the suspension play length shorter. I dont think its feasible to use 2x rear damper stay as it would affect the geomentry / fittings. The single piece is strong enough to handle impacts. The only good thing bout the CF stay is that it has more slots and the suspension can lean at more degree.

I am using the adjustable rear camber arms now.

I dont have the instructions with me anymore but its very easy to fix on, just a direct replacement from the kit original .

Hope it answers your questions
Old 11-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone using Yeah Racing ultimate Brainpower ESC 25A + 12T sensorless brushless combo with their TT-01 here? If not, any comments?

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Kevin,

The CF stay sits lower thus making the suspension play length shorter. I dont think its feasible to use 2x rear damper stay as it would affect the geomentry / fittings. The single piece is strong enough to handle impacts. The only good thing bout the CF stay is that it has more slots and the suspension can lean at more degree.

I am using the adjustable rear camber arms now.

I dont have the instructions with me anymore but its very easy to fix on, just a direct replacement from the kit original .

Hope it answers your questions
I think he means use a rear cf stay on the front & a rear cf stay on the rear, instead of having to buy the M chassis dampers so he can use original length TT01 dampers...
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
I think he means use a rear cf stay on the front & a rear cf stay on the rear, instead of having to buy the M chassis dampers so he can use original length TT01 dampers...
Yes That is what I wondering
Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

yes, you can use the rear cf on the front. This way, you dont have to get the M chasis dampers but less slot for adjustment.
Damn, why didnt i think of that in the first place....
Old 11-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Awesome, cause im pretty keen on getting the rear damper stays to fit on my CF'd TT to complete it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.