Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oME
Bucks,
I have attached a picture which contains the spur gear where will you sand some parts off?
Wish I had paid closer attention when he showed this to me but it didn't dawn on me right away since he was doing this to a TB-02 and I have a TT-01. But, I kinda assume it was the red section in your drawing since that appears to be where it would sit in the cradle. I'd study it in your car to see where the rubbing/friction is occurring. My impression was that it didn't require a lot of sanding. I'll see the guy on Sat, if the team here hasn't found out by then I'll ask and post.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raffaelli
I ran this chassis, 13.5 with lipo this weekend, foam on carpet. I ran the 55/25 gearing. This is the same gearing I was running the 27t/lipo. I had plenty of torque but suffered in top end. The motor was about 72 degrees after 6 minutes. I would really like to find a way to get a small spur or larger pinions. If not, I will have to retire this car from this class. I prefer not to as this chassis constantly haunts the $500 chassis drivers. I see there was some suggestions on gearing but others suggest it does not work. Anyone have a definitive answer? Thanks.

What is the internal ratio for the car?
raffaelli,

I run the 67t spur from the DF-02, it involves cutting out the top of the gear cover and cutting a slot in the bathtub. I also use a DF-03 heatsink as a secondary motor mount - this allows you to slide the motor for meshing.

Kevin
Old 02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

woops I read it backwards, smaller spur and bigger pinions, my bad
Disregard the last post rafaelli.
Kevin
Old 02-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What is the internal ratio for the car. 2.25?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kavadni
woops I read it backwards, smaller spur and bigger pinions, my bad
Disregard the last post rafaelli.
Kevin

Aight, I do that all the time.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by raffaelli
What is the internal ratio for the car. 2.25?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:58 AM
Tech Initiate

after reading you guy's comments i get that TT-01 cant' go up against nitros and i'm fine with it. going to add some nice shocks and some good drift tires. i'm sure in this forum there are some drifters right?

but i still got a question to pose.. if i get myself a SUPERSTOCK TZ 23T motor what speeds will my car be racing at? (i still enjoy watching a fast car go) or any motor between 19T to 23T that is recommended

Last edited by br0ther; 02-13-2008 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know people love the 19T Chameleon/Komodo motors. I personally use a Trinity Pro Stock Co-27, and this drives on used X pattern tires at 21mph. It has plenty of torque, but I wish I had something better than the stock spur gear. (I use a 21:61 gearing)

I am looking into the new Sidewinder brushless system though, because brushless is virtually maintenance free, and more efficient. However if you get a used 19T I think you'd be great until you switch over
Old 02-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have bought both the 52T Tamiya spur gear (for F103) and the HPI spur gear adaptor and installed both on my carbon fibre TT-01 chassis with 540 silver can.

The 52T spur gear has an ID of 6 mm whereas the drive shaft has an OD of 5 mm. The gap allows the spur gear to wobble and the teeth jump. The only way to fix this is to use a sleeve on the shaft with an ID 0f 5 mm and OD of 6 mm. I don't have a lathe, so that is a no go.

The HPI spur gear adaptor fits nicely on the drive shaft. You will need to add some shims to take out the slop and to make sure that the pin stays put, but it was a relatively straight forward installation. No filing required. You will need counter sunk screws to avoid the screw heads to hit the rear gear box. I fitted a 62T spur and 35T pinion which gives me a FDR of 4.61. I ordered a 65T spur and 40T pinion which gives me a FDR of 4.23. I will test drive these combinations on the track and post the results in due course.

Next will be to try out the HPI spur gear adaptor on the bath tub chassis. The thickness of the adaptor plus spur gear is less than 11 mm, which is the thickness of the Tamiya spur gear (across the drive shaft sleeve). The spur gear adaptor should fit nicely. I expect that I will have to modify the motor mount to allow non-standard gears to mesh correctly, but that should pose no problems.
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 Forum-100_3073.jpg  
Old 02-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

More testing today at the Tamiya track for TCS.
1) Bad news, some of the A-main GT-3 guys were there today with their TA-05's and I was getting smoked by their 4.xx drive ratios. My best 28/55 5.1 didn't cut it. Time to do some research on the 52T.
2) I think the F103 spur is different than the F201 spur. I'm going to order it and find out. With the 52 I think we might be able to get 28T-31T pinions to get the drive ratio as low as 4.36
3) Great News: HPI is now making 0.6 metric pinions from 20T - 35T! The bad news is that nobody has them in stock yet. Check out part# 88030 on Tower, or hpiracing.com
4) The guy that had the sanded 52T on his TB-02 didn't bring it today. I'll order and report.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey RaceBucks,
I made a mistake in my earlier post, I used the F201 52T high speed gear set, not the F103 as I posted. Let me know when you find a solution for the gap between the gear and drive shaft. Maybe a thin tube or so.

It is a tough challenge to keep up with the TA05s. Some of them run as low as 4.1, but they are slow in the corners. Where do you get a 31T pinion from?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

has anybody seen/ran the TT01E up close yet?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brrrrm
Hey RaceBucks,
I made a mistake in my earlier post, I used the F201 52T high speed gear set, not the F103 as I posted. Let me know when you find a solution for the gap between the gear and drive shaft. Maybe a thin tube or so.

It is a tough challenge to keep up with the TA05s. Some of them run as low as 4.1, but they are slow in the corners. Where do you get a 31T pinion from?
brrrrm,

At my LHS in Perth Australia, they sell aluminium tube in 300mm lengths.
We can get variously:
4mm inside diameter with a 5mm outside
5mm inside with 6mm outside
etc etc

The brand is K&S Engineering, based in chicago.

Kevin
Old 02-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks kavadni. I have "solved" the problem by super gluing a 6x3 mm plastic spacer that I had in my spares box and then drilling out the hole to 5 mm. The 52T gear now fits nicely on the shaft. Took it for a quick spin, nothing broke off so should be OK for a race this week.

Below are a few pics of the HPI spur gear adapter with non-Tamiya gear attached compared to a standard Tamiya spur gear and the spur gear adapter fitted to the motor mount that comes with the carbon chassis.
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 Forum-100_3087.jpg   TT-01 Forum-100_3089.jpg   TT-01 Forum-100_3076.jpg  
Old 02-18-2008, 03:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Try this..

Just sharing...anyway...TT-01 fitted with high downforce GT wing at SengKang speed test using MM5700. I rike.. Did some drifting on a small asphalt area as well. Was pretty good how the ABS tires held up. The speeding down the road was more fun though! Sounded like a plane. lol.

Check videos...was pretty damm fast. Now what will happen if i strap it on my scooby rally style..

As you can see the TT-01 chassis has been modified for rally already. Sitting with quite a lot of ground clearance.

Drift setup with ABS tires

Speed Test set up

High ground clearance

Studio shots?

Nice ass!

The Dark Knight - Nice silhouette!

Two vids to share.

Quite fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHz3fkU8rQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgcpmZNfUDU

Originally Posted by br0ther
after reading you guy's comments i get that TT-01 cant' go up against nitros and i'm fine with it. going to add some nice shocks and some good drift tires. i'm sure in this forum there are some drifters right?

but i still got a question to pose.. if i get myself a SUPERSTOCK TZ 23T motor what speeds will my car be racing at? (i still enjoy watching a fast car go) or any motor between 19T to 23T that is recommended

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.