R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hey Barry what up dude?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

I'm actually surprised they even counted his other runs that were adjusted. I know 3 years ago Dan Miles got knocked out of the A-main for stock 1/12th because a house transponder stopped scoring part-way through the qualifier.

They hand counted the rest of his run and it would have put him near the top of the A. However, when the resort for the mains was printed, he was down in the B. They said they would not count his hand-counted run that got him in the A-main.

-Rich

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
any comments I will answer in a professional way......because the people who werent there deserve to know the truth...

Barry
Old 11-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

That's the Barry Baker we all know and admire. Tell it like it is!!!

Who is that blazing Andrew Knapp kid anyway??!!! LoL!!!
http://www.teamtekin.com/Racing%20News.asp
http://www.teamtekin.com/team%20drivers/andrew.jpg
Old 11-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default truth

That's another reason why we admire you Barry...truthsayer!!!
---------inconsistancy sucks!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 06:01 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

...but I do know if I was 10th and not just because he is a teammate but he RAN a time that should have been inthe main...I would have given up my spot because I was 11th quickest.....
Not that I disagree with your point... but I'm calling BS on this statement. lol
Old 11-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Im just saying if I was given the facts and seen them which they had I would have been a man about it and sucked it up(for the most part)and started tq of the B...and I am being honest(I would have thrown a fit but after I saw all the facts) thats the way it would have been.......and I am being honest...believe what I am saying or not its up to all you..

Barry
Old 11-29-2005, 06:16 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No worries... just poking fun there Fred. lol
Old 11-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKA
No worries... just poking fun there Fred. lol
Better be easy poking the Bear

Hey Barry Im with you....Once they started giving laps they should NOT have stopped!! Its kinda like tech. One day they did it the next they didnt. Biggest race of the year and tech was run worse than club races. A few guys were DQ'd for having stickers on their motors with names on them...pretty rediculous!!

No wonder the Vegas race will be KING next year!!

EA
Old 11-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

it was king this year. BEST RACE EVER
Old 11-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

No way! Are you serious?

-Rich

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
A few guys were DQ'd for having stickers on their motors with names on them
Old 11-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Yup. They had about 6 different people running tech through the races and everyone of them did it different. Never inspected motors (that I saw) other than looking for numbers on the can...Which as was told to one person by the tech guy that day "anyone can put numbers on the can with a dremel tool".

One day roof height was checked, next day it wasnt. Wing height was NEVER checked. Batteries were not checked untill the main. Ride height was checked differntly by everyone in tech.

This was my first Champs so my opinion is unbiased since I have never been...Just stating what I seen as a new person to the race. Maybe they should take a hint and pay their guys like the birds and Vegas. At least you would get some consistancy.

EA
Old 11-29-2005, 07:01 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I really thing Barry would have stepped down if it was him in 10th but technically didn't belong their. Reason being is he has nothing to prove as he has made plenty of big A main races and by moving down and showing sportsmanship he would only have made himself look good and the companies he races for!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So can we assume that the stock and 19T A main motors were not taken apart?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No they were not taken apart. My motor was not taken apart once during the whole weekend of racing. When I TQ'ed last year all they did was check my weight and motor number. Although I was perfectly legit, I couldn't believe they didn't have a more thorough tech crew. At the USTC @ Trackside, we have a full motor and battery check. The motors are torn down to check everything, comm, windings, brushes, hoods, cans. Batteries are teched for diam and length. This is the way tech should be run with a designated motor tech crew.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Im just saying if I was given the facts and seen them which they had I would have been a man about it and sucked it up(for the most part)and started tq of the B...and I am being honest(I would have thrown a fit but after I saw all the facts) thats the way it would have been.......and I am being honest...believe what I am saying or not its up to all you..

Barry
Guys, this is how Barry is. I'm sure he'd step down and insist that Orr got his spot in the main. That would be a hard call to make. Like someone mentioned, Barry doesn't need to prove anything. We all know he's fast and has proved it time and again. But if it were another driver who's never made a big A main, they may have a hard time doing this and in all honesty, I wouldn't blame them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.