Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:20 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stubsy
hey can people post up a few of their hopped up evo 3's, im getting one this week and want to see a few nice looking ones for inspiration
just did some work on the shafters this weekend, snapped a family pic when finished
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-e57cba00.jpg   Tamiya TB-Evolution III-0db4fb8a.jpg   Tamiya TB-Evolution III-c6c751a9.jpg  
Old 12-25-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Exclamation

This thread's been left alone for way too long...I hope there are still Evo III enthusiasts out there who are secretly hoping someone would post something here!

I've been collecting parts to rebuild my smashed up TB-02 to a pure blue Evo III for quite awhile now and I've finally gotten around to finish it yesterday. It looks absolutely amazing. Everything is perfect except for a few things. I didn't realized the steering on the TB02 is structured a tiny bit differently from the evo so now the steering link (because it's rather thick) rubs against the suspension mount when they move. Is there a replacement steering link I can use? Would the TB03 carbon steering link (54097) work? Also there seems to be quite a bit of wiggle room (about 5mm back and forth) on the center shaft...is that going to cause a big problem for the bevel gears?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2009, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

tbox,

The TB02 alumn. steering wont fit the TB evoIII, i try it before.

Good luck finding the evo 3 parts. even the tb02 parts is hard to get.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the advice! They are indeed hard to find...but that's not a problem for now

I'm using the steering arms from the Tamiya EVO 3 Blue Conversion kit so at least the arms fit. There's no steering link unfortunately, but the TB03 carbon steering link looks very similar to the original EVO 3 one...so I'm wondering if anyone know for sure if they're compatible.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbox
This thread's been left alone for way too long...I hope there are still Evo III enthusiasts out there who are secretly hoping someone would post something here!

I've been collecting parts to rebuild my smashed up TB-02 to a pure blue Evo III for quite awhile now and I've finally gotten around to finish it yesterday. It looks absolutely amazing. Everything is perfect except for a few things. I didn't realized the steering on the TB02 is structured a tiny bit differently from the evo so now the steering link (because it's rather thick) rubs against the suspension mount when they move. Is there a replacement steering link I can use? Would the TB03 carbon steering link (54097) work? Also there seems to be quite a bit of wiggle room (about 5mm back and forth) on the center shaft...is that going to cause a big problem for the bevel gears?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Merry Christmas
Tbox,

Here are the party numbers you need and they are still available from Tamiya or you can find them on Ebay. I just go done making my Surikarn into a TB02 for GT3 and I just ordered the LW Prop shaft.

53686 TB EVO III LW Prop shaft. (this one is 2mm longer than the stock one and will help the bevels last)
9805883 RC steering arms Right and Left (this is the 7 digit part number from Tamiya from the Surikarn Manual)(these might be red though)

4305517 RC steering plate (this is the carbon fiber steering plate from the TB EVO III)

All these are available from Tamiya.

Larry
Old 12-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Ahhhhh the TB-EVO SE the car i had most succes with , i miss those days
Old 12-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KREATOR1
tbox,

The TB02 alumn. steering wont fit the TB evoIII, i try it before.

Good luck finding the evo 3 parts. even the tb02 parts is hard to get.
You try to search from Dai Seng (ToyCity) at Petaling Street. They are giving 50% discounts for all Tamiya parts. I do see some last year but not sure now.

Since the distribution goes to Stargek, they just wanna dispose the items. If that is not possible you can get Chee Yong to special order.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the advice larry! I really appreciate it. I'm going to try machining down the kingpin head first to see if that helps. If not, then I'll go with the parts you specified.

weekendracer_uk, show us some pictures of your evo! Bring back the good old days I'll post some pictures of mine when it's finished.

As a last resort before turning to retail websites...does anyone have an EVO III/SE FRONT carbon damper stay for sale?

In case anyone wants to convert their TB-02 to an EVO III (it's not too late!), user x414x has both the upper and lower carbon deck for sale. PM him about it.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Starting with TB02

So the wife got me a rc kit for christmas to get me back into a hobby. Already broke one part while putting it together. thank god for the internet. now just have to wait for the hong kong and UK postal service. With all the hop up parts bringing it up to a evo III on steriods would the car still be competative to race?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Wink

I'll let pictures do the work.

Project Pure Blue

A little teaser never hurts anyone

Your feedback is very much appreciated!
Old 01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

that teaser actually hurts me because i want to see more
Old 01-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Awsome blue tb02.i broke my chassis at the same place. its hard to get the tb02 bathtub chassis. i just got 1 on ebay.

More pic !!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've asked this in other threads and have not gotten any good response so I apologize if your getting sick of seeing this but: Does anyone know a good starting point setup for running indoor carpet. I am running in the stock class and our local track is on the smaller side.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KREATOR1
Awsome blue tb02.i broke my chassis at the same place. its hard to get the tb02 bathtub chassis. i just got 1 on ebay.

More pic !!
Yeah true also especially old models...
Old 01-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool

I'm glad you guys like it!

Since you asked nicely...

This was the kingpin that gave me trouble! A little machining did the trick
Also, a few tiny rubber bands (used with orthodontic braces) solves the moving center shaft problem

Let's hope this chassis protector does its job...

BOOTY SHOT

Once again, your feedback is very much appreciated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.