Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 06:22 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Black Kat
How differently does this car handle with a spool than a ball diff up front? I know its gonna push more but how much more? To the point where I'm gonna have to run a softer front spring? I've never run a spool before
Why don't you just build the balldiff without balls??

Same thing; try it before you go machine one out.

Don't need a thrust bearing either...!!

Tell your dad its probably easier to machine a spool from fresh
bar aluminium (or steel) rather than mucking about with the
oneway. Machine it solid in 1-piece with outdrives if he can,
with dimensions identical to the ball diff.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:37 PM
WC
Tech Master

Originally posted by losispeed
I am going to be picking up the sticker set and some misc spare parts on Friday so if you want I will pick up an extra sticker set and mail them to you..
Very kind, much obliged! Have sent you PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Seriously.....

I'll tell him just to machine one of soild alluminum....I'm sure he can do that considering some of the stuff hes done in the past (heatsink battery braces, servo mounts & numerous other cool things)

I have the thrust bearing in our Tower wish list & gave him the dimensions to two other bearings I need. I can find the proper size locknut somewhere in the house and I can rob a "locknut holder" off of something

2 more days until expected arrival of the car...with my luck that'll be 3 or 4
Old 04-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Black Kat

Trust me.You wont want to run a spool on carpet.Very few get thier cars going well with it on carpet.Plus the added stress of the spool will have you stripping gears alot.Stick to a diff or oneway for carpet.I have owned 2 evo3's and the dont take kindly to front end hits or stress.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Thanks J.H....Most likely the 1st track appearence for the car will be Sheldon's on the 15th....I think Lex runs a spool there...

I should have a diff together soon enough anyway....The Speedtech order will be in within the next few days. All I need then is 2, 5x8 bearings, diff nut/holder and a thrust bearing.

I don't usually have to worry about hits....Associated wasn't exactly making a living off me when I drove the TC3
Old 04-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

any picture of the spool?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:04 AM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Seriously.....

I'll tell him just to machine one of soild alluminum....I'm sure he can do that considering some of the stuff hes done in the past (heatsink battery braces, servo mounts & numerous other cool things)

I have the thrust bearing in our Tower wish list & gave him the dimensions to two other bearings I need. I can find the proper size locknut somewhere in the house and I can rob a "locknut holder" off of something

2 more days until expected arrival of the car...with my luck that'll be 3 or 4
I have an extra thrust bearing/bolt/nut assembly you can have since I don't run Tamyia anymore. I'll be at Hobbytown Newark this saturday. Look me up, I'll be with EJ.
Paul Paras
Old 04-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

I woun't be there....Probably woun't be in Newark til atleast June

I'll be at the next Sheldon's race....
Old 04-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Hey...Paul...If you could pop those parts into an heavy duty envolope & send them to me I'll hook you up with a few TC3 parts (an arm, some rear uprights and a tranny case sound good?...i have some more parts too) at the next Sheldon's race or the 1st chance we get to meet
Old 04-28-2004, 06:27 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey...Paul...If you could pop those parts into an heavy duty envolope & send them to me I'll hook you up with a few TC3 parts (an arm, some rear uprights and a tranny case sound good?...i have some more parts too) at the next Sheldon's race or the 1st chance we get to meet
Shoot me a PM with your mailing info, I'll mail it when I get to SF on Friday. I don't need those TC3 parts so don't bother.
Thanks anyway,
Paul
Old 04-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

PM sent....thanks bro
Old 04-29-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default question

Hi
Can anyone tell me what it does to the car by putting 2mm spacers under each arm at the back of the car
Old 04-29-2004, 10:49 AM
WC
Tech Master

If you jack up both hingepin mounts by the same amount then it'll only change your roll centre.

If you jack them up by different amounts then you also effect anti-dive and anti-squat.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

If you put 2mm spacers under the front arm front mount you get anti-dive aka: anti-squat. This prevents the car's nose from diving as much when you brake.....I belive that also prevents some of the weight transfer....I run NO anti-squat in my TC3 because I really need the weight transfer so I can make the corners
Old 04-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you put 2mm spacers under the front arm REAR mount you get anti-dive aka: anti-squat. This prevents the car's nose from diving as much when you brake.....I belive that also prevents some of the weight transfer....I run NO anti-squat in my TC3 because I really need the weight transfer so I can make the corners
Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.