Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Hey BDR...So what kind of test procedure did you come up with? Are you going to purposely crash your car? haha. Btw, I forwarded your idea to the interested parties and so far, I havne't heard back from them.

I also, just built my EvoS and boy does the drivetrain feel like crap hehe . I'm gonna do some installation runs tomorrow to see how things free up
For transmission breakin, I use the slave motor out of my lathe hooked up to like 2 volts, let it run for a couple hours and it should free things up for ya Rod
Old 09-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I could do that...but I'm going to break it in the fun way! hehe.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What's the internal drive ratio on the Evo 3?
Old 09-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Old 09-05-2003, 10:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Cool, thank you
Old 09-05-2003, 11:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

One more question. I just bought a tuned spring set for the car, but there were a couple different sets at the hobby shop, and naturally the guy working there didn't know what was what. Can you guys just confirm I got the right stuff please.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-dscn1214.jpg  
Old 09-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Randman,

These are the correct set for the Surikarn... Tamiya also released two newer much HARDER springs but you have to buy them separately... I believe they're gray and maroon colored...

Tamiya also introduced shorter springs, but I doubt if those will fit the standard height of the Evo shocks... they were meant for the shorter stance of the TA04-TRF towers.

-Ian A.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Alright, I did good them I dont think that I will need any stiffer springs than these, from what I understand Red is the spring to run at Tamiya, and Yellow at SoCal. So I should be set
Old 09-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Default WEIGHT

Can anyone tell me wether the delrin (white) outdrives are lighter then the stock black, plastic ones?

Also between the original shocktowers and the Surikarns, what do they weigh?

Thanks,
Pizza
Old 09-05-2003, 11:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The weight should be just about the same between delrin and plastic, but delrin is a stronger material, less prone to wear and warping.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default DO I Need a Spare One Way Diff Unit??

Howdy all.
I was just putting together my order of Back Up Spares for My Evo III SL and I was wondering if you think a spare Front one-way diff unit should be on the list...

Has anyone blown a One-Way bearing or had a need to replace it for any reason??
Please let me know as I don't want to get one if they are not something that I should have a problem with.

Thanks
Steevo
Old 09-05-2003, 06:35 PM

One more question. I just bought a tuned spring set for the car, but there were a couple different sets at the hobby shop, and naturally the guy working there didn't know what was what. Can you guys just confirm I got the right stuff please.

You can also use Associated TC3 springs. They fit better on TRF Damper than Tamiya springs.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: DO I Need a Spare One Way Diff Unit??

Originally posted by Steevo
Howdy all.
I was just putting together my order of Back Up Spares for My Evo III SL and I was wondering if you think a spare Front one-way diff unit should be on the list...

Please let me know as I don't want to get one if they are not something that I should have a problem with.

Thanks
Steevo
I havent had any problems with 1 ways on any of my cars in the past, but I have heard of people having problems with them, so it couldn't hurt... You just gotta judge if the price is worth it to keep a spare.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anybody having any problems with the ballcups on the surikarn? i think they absolutely stink! they come out at the slightest bump. and of course because they are so big, the only think i can do is get tamiya replacements or change out all the balls/ballcups! aarrrggghhh!
Old 09-05-2003, 11:33 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: DO I Need a Spare One Way Diff Unit??

Originally posted by Steevo
Howdy all.

Thanks
Steevo
If you´re using a good lube for the oneway bearings they should last for long. Best lube I know of is the Serpent oneway lube. That´s also the one I´m using for all of my oneways.

But be careful with cleaning. Some people tell you using brake cleaner for blowing out the grease. The problem is some brake cleaners and maybe some motorspray also are containing some stuff that will damage the plastic cage of the onewaybearings.
I´m only wiping off the grease from the outdrives and then two drops of the Serpent lube on each of them again. This should last for one weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.