Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

I posted a new entry on www.andrefossto.wordpress.com after my first test with the new 4.0
Old 01-11-2016, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Worst87
No. This are 100% sure not the new serpent shocks. look at the height/width ratio of the photo and the new serpent ones. Xray shocks!
100% Xray
Old 01-11-2016, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

The team tests a lot of things, thatīs part of the job as a team driver. All I can say is that the new dampers are really good, very smooth and no leaks. The same can be said about the new diff. I have understood that the 4.0 is more aimed at asphalt racing than carpet, later this year there will be a WC in China. The new dampers and diff along with other changes make a big difference on asphalt. The team havenīt dialed the car in for carpet yet but thatīs just a matter of time IMO.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Selling my loaded 3.0 roller......

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...nd-dialed.html
Old 01-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cwoods34
Nice loaded car!
Old 01-17-2016, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

I have tried the car more and could manage a setup.
My setup and racereport you can find here: www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Old 01-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Andy63
I have tried the car more and could manage a setup.
My setup and racereport you can find here: www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Andy, really great info. How responsive to changes is the car?
Old 01-19-2016, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by The FastFred
Andy, really great info. How responsive to changes is the car?
I wouldsay the car reacts much to changes. Even if you only change 1mm here and there it feels different.
I have bern in contact with Viktor Wilck and his team manager and they test alot of stuff like upsidedown suspension brackets to widen the width of the car rear and front. I will test this but i will try my way with the wheelhex instead. It should make the car handle more stable either way. Probably some more understeer my way, but it should be easy to just change the cars geometry with shocks and etc.

The car is very good and despite me being new to modified class i can feel that the car is good.

Just a note for you that build this car, put small locktite on almost every screw that goes into aluminium parts. Especially the steering parts and motor mount.

I will try some more things soon and will write all about it on the blog. So for those that want some good info on the 4.0, be sure to make visit from time to time.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Don't put locktite on any of the chassis or top deck (through carbon bits) screws!! If you do you'll never get them out again! Personally I don't locktite anything on my 411's and never had anything come loose. On my nitro cars yes this is a requirement but no way on my TC.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Don't put locktite on any of the chassis or top deck (through carbon bits) screws!! If you do you'll never get them out again! Personally I don't locktite anything on my 411's and never had anything come loose. On my nitro cars yes this is a requirement but no way on my TC.
I have to agree on this as well.

I have found some of things mentioned about the car but not really explained;

- First off in the write up, and I don't know how many version of the car they have said this too, BUT, the car only comes with 4* c-hubs, there are no 2 or 6 included in the kit. (Really wish they would fix that statement)

- The shocks are vastly improved over the previous versions, better plastics, better shock shaft support, better o-ring, better pistons. The only bad thing about the shocks is still the adjuster when assembeled with the o-ring has enough drag that it will turn your shock if your not watching. I just don;t use them and haven't had a issue with them self adjusting during a run. Paul was thinking that we could possibly sand the caps down slightly to squish the bladder just enough to prevent this, and it would take much thats for sure.

- The steering rack is now 8mm center on center so this should change the rate of ackerman a bit.

- The chassis is about 4mm narrower over the 3.0 chassis.

- The diff is all together better in materials and feel after build.

- I've had one run on the car and it shows promising right out of the box.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy63
.... they test alot of stuff like upsidedown suspension brackets to widen the width of the car rear and front.
Please explain further.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Please explain further.
The team have tried a wide front end on high grip. 3.5-3.5 blocks with - 0.75 hexes = 189 mm. You have to use a 3.5 block upside down rear front. I personally didn't like it though.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dan_vector

Sorry, i think i should have bern more clear on that part. Atleast for me many screwes have loosend while driving and that is something i have never had any problems with. This was very new for me.
But to be clear where i put locktite, servo saver alu parts but not much becuse you have to watch out for the bearings not getting any. Locktite motor mount wich also loosend for me during driving. And i can ensure you i have double checked every screw since my first run. But i use very weak locktite version, so it should never have problems being stuck.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone know the part number for the -.75 wheel hex?

I would use blue loctite - lot of vibration in mod..

Almost done with the build - great job Serpent!
Old 01-19-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan C.
Anyone know the part number for the -.75 wheel hex?

I would use blue loctite - lot of vibration in mod..

Almost done with the build - great job Serpent!

Here you go...Wheelhexagon +0.75mm offset (2) (#500211); and here is the one that you asked about...Wheelhexagon -0.75mm offset (2) (#500212)

These are from the Spyder off road car but are supposed to fit. I bought some but I have not tried them yet.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.