Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

Gizmo GZ1 -

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone tried this car with 1/2%-1% overdrive and a one way in the front? Very curious to know what it would do
Old 05-25-2016, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

So what would happen if the front spur was 90T and the rear spur rwa 92T, what kind of effects would happen? Curious....
Old 05-25-2016, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well, in theory, the car should feel a little more planted and pull better out of the corners since the front will be spinning faster. The set-up would probably be beneficial in lower grip.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BardSmith
So what would happen if the front spur was 90T and the rear spur rwa 92T, what kind of effects would happen? Curious....
On asphalt in warm weather the tires would overheat quicker because of additional slip and the result would be loss of grip.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

First batch of kits, which is already sold out shows up on Wednesday. We are in the process of securing our second order. We should have more kits arriving inside of 2 weeks. I did not expect the first batch to sell out before they arrived, but they did I'd say that if you are on the fence and want to get one, it would be a good idea to pre-order one before they sell out again.

I should be up and running on Thursday just in time for our club race (fingers crossed!). My Yokomo has been running on point, so it will be a great time to do a comparison as I just set a new personal best laptime and new overall track record with it Yesterday.

Lastly, we still are taking resumes for one more week for team drivers. So if you are interested, drop us a linke at Gizmoracingusa.com
Old 06-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Looking forward to the kits arriving. Lots of buzz about them.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

here's a gizmo gear chart, http://gizmoracing.com/cars/gz1/gear-chart

the manual and parts list, http://gizmoracing.com/cars/gz1/downloads

now we need an editable setup sheet, and setup sheets from what the guys already been running.

Last edited by LOW ET; 06-07-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default First drive

I got to run my car for the first time today. All I can say is wow.

Got a new track record fast lap about a tenth faster than the previous fast lap and about 0.17 seconds faster than my previous hot lap with the Yokomo '16. My top 15-20 avg was faster than my previous hot lap. Track conditions were not partcularly better, so I think the comparison is fair.

First impression is that the car generates really good forward bite and has an incredibly balanced steering feel. It is very smooth, very composed and simply just way easy to drive. I felt I could drive the high speed sections with more confidence and the low speed steering is fantastic. The car rotates less than the yokomo, but gets in the corner better, I found myself having to hustle the car far less around the track, which translated into excellent consistency.

Set up will be posted soon, along with an editable set up sheet as soon as I can get my hands on one from the guys at Gizmo Denmark. My set up was not far from stock and should be a good foundation for some medium to medium high bite conditions.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the update Cristian, some pics of your car would be good as there aren't that many floating of around.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

Picked up mine and started building at the track

My progress so far before I had to pack up and go home

Old 06-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush

Got a new track record fast lap about a tenth faster than the previous fast lap and about 0.17 seconds faster than my previous hot lap with the Yokomo '16. My top 15-20 avg was faster than my previous hot lap. Track conditions were not partcularly better, so I think the comparison is fair.

First impression is that the car generates really good forward bite and has an incredibly balanced steering feel. It is very smooth, very composed and simply just way easy to drive. I felt I could drive the high speed sections with more confidence and the low speed steering is fantastic. The car rotates less than the yokomo, but gets in the corner better, I found myself having to hustle the car far less around the track, which translated into excellent consistency.

Set up will be posted soon, along with an editable set up sheet as soon as I can get my hands on one from the guys at Gizmo Denmark. My set up was not far from stock and should be a good foundation for some medium to medium high bite conditions.
Can't find on Reflex website? I am interested in this car.
Thanks,
Brad
Old 06-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://gizmoracingusa.com/
Old 06-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush

I was looking at your Gizmo USA site and noticed the shocks as spares shows the bodies mounted on a tree. Are the shock bodies plastic?

How are they performing?
Old 06-08-2016, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

The shocks are actually XRAY NT1 shocks. They are repackaged as Gizmo, but are the exact same part. The bodies are aluminum, but the picture shows and older part number from XRAY as they actually are using the same exact part number. Once I can get some updated images I'll change them over.

The Quality is very good on this kit. Hub carriers and drive shafts are Awesomatix as well as the lower and upper arm pivots and chassis droop inserts.

The gear diff uses all xray internal parts, so it is as smooth as an xray diff and so far leak free! (Which is awesome seeing as the only 2 cars that I have ever experienced leak free diffs are XRAY and AE Cars, with the AE diff being a bit notchy ). The steering rack provides an awesome steering feel.

There are a couple of build tips that I will work on and post on the website. Mostly, building the Drive shafts is a bit tricky and putting the droop screw inserts in to the chassis can be a bit of a chore.

Needless to say, so far I am in love with this car! I don't think I'll miss my Yokomo much :P
Old 06-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Gizmo

Hearing good things.......lets get going... LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.